Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of LG heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about LG heat pumps

Date created: 2013-12-16 Name: Jim
Location: Moncton nb canada

"LG heat pump"
We have an older no name brand we bought about 8 years ago and am very satisfied. Great heat source, very good cooling in summer. We bought an lg heat pump 2 months ago for the first floor of outr home and are not happy. Very poor heat source. When we had the installer come to check it we were told it's working fine. We now have to purchase another most likely Mitsubishi. Do not waste your money with an LG.

Date created: 2013-01-10 Name: J. Cook
Location: Brookings, OR

"LG is Junk"
I am an installer of heating systems and have installed 6 LG Minisplit systems. Since then, have pulled out all 6 and installed Mitsubishi systems in place of LG. I have installed about 1500 Mitsubishi systems with great results.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: NYC, New York

"Great Unit For the Price, is Easy to Install, Quiet"
I bought this heat pump over a year ago. It was fairly easy to install, and the instruction manual was direct. There wasn't much guess work involved, which I really like. Also, as advertised, it is extremely quiet. My previous heat pumps have all worked find, but have been very loud. This unit also came with a remote, which is very convenient and great product design. The air purifier and humidifier are also a great bonus. It is great for anyone who has allergies--no more dust floating around! I really have no complaints about this unit. This unit is a little pricey, and that is the only negative aspect. I believe, however, that you get what you pay for. I don't believe you will find a cheaper unit than this, that works better. I haven't had to replace it or repair it since I bought it just over a year ago. I do not regret buying this unit, and if I had to, I would buy this unit over again, or recommend it to anyone who asked.

Date created: 2011-11-21 Location: Eagan, Minnesota

"My Good and Bad Experiences With My LG Heat Pump and How I Feel About It"
I've owned this pump for about two years. In that time it's broken down once. It had to be repaired because there "was a problem with the power connection point" according to the handyman who fixed it. It cost $80 to fix, which I feel was too high to pay for half an hour of fiddling around. I like that it blends into the wall and doesn't take up too much space. I don't like that it had to be fixed and that it's performance seems to have slowed down after it had to be fixed. Otherwise, it's been fairly satisfactory. I was going to contact lb about the problem but I just never got around to it. Before the problem I would have recommended it to a friend, but I wouldn't anymore. As far I as I know my friend who bought it hasn't had any problems with it like I have.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Location: Smithtown, NY

"My Review of an Awesome LG Heat Pump"
I have owned the heat pump for a little over a year now. It was simple to install and for me to say that it has to mean something. Also, as promised, it's extremely quiet and this is important. My last heat pump worked well but it was so loud! Also, I like the remote that came with it. I really have no complaints about it. Maybe the price, it was expensive but I'm not sure there are better heat pumps cheaper. I haven't had to replace it or repair it since I bought it just over a year ago. I would definitely recommend this product. I love the air purifier and the dehumidifier I live in the basement where I rent, and the dehumidifier is a must. Also, I have terrible allergies and the air purifier helps without a doubt. When I first installed this product, you could see dust particles in the sunlight. Now, when it is running you can't see dust particles at all, I breathe great and the temperature is always perfect.