Consumer Reviews of LENNOX heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about LENNOX heat pumps

Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: Dennis
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Junk and they know it!!!"
I moved into my new home in Jan. 04 in april. o7 the compressor went out on my main unit. It cost me $756. for the labor and shipping to get it replaced, remember it was under warranty. On Sept. 24 07 the repalced compressor went out again. There was a 6 month warranty on the replaced compressor that went bad so again it went out under warranty with one week left on the warranty, this time they charged me $500. to install and then later remove a suction line drier. Now 3 years and 7 months later the compressor needs to be replaced again for a 4th time. only I have no warranty left. I have talked to the people at Lennox in the past and they are so rude an arrogant.There are so many complaints they know there product is junk.

Date created: 2011-04-08 Name: T & K Blackmon
Location: Opelika, Alabama

"Home Owners"
We purchased two 2 ton heat pumps 17 Seer! We also paid for a 12 year warranty which INCLUDES parts and labor! The only thing it will not cover is ants! Not sure about why that is! We have had no problems what so ever with these units! Great Investment for us!!! I would recommend the Lennox to anyone!

Date created: 2011-03-25 Name: kevin

"Lennox sucks...run..."
50 character min? OK Lennox QC is for @#$%. All my problems are simple bad solder joints that if I could not solder and repair I would be screwed. Find a honest HVAC person that will find the REAL prob. not just replace the Whole coil for $3000.00. two years straigh. Vibrations on exit panels are are causing coil ruptures.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: S. Seaton
Location: Poulsbo, WA

"Very Bad Luck with Lennox"
I have owned my home for 12 years. I have replaced the 5 ton Lennox heat pump 3 times. I admit the contractor came through with warranty hardware replacement, but I had to pay the labor two the three times. I hate it. Whatever I have saved in electrical use with a heatpump, I have paid back in repairs 20 times over.

Date created: 2011-03-22 Name: Michael K.
Location: Goldsboro, NC

"15 Seer Package Heat Pump"
I've had it 3 years and have never had a moments problem. Nice decrease in my light bill!

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: b. denston
Location: maryland

"lennox heat pumps"
i had alennox 3 ton heat pupmp installed in feb.2009. it has been nothing but a problem. it is so loud that you cannot sleep at night. i would not recommend lennox to anyone.

Date created: 2011-02-27 Name: W. Bray
Location: Ontario canada

"heat pump not working"
I have had a lennox heat pump and air handler installed in my home that i have been told are to big for my house. The heat pump has been nothing but a problem since the day it has been installed. When you would most use the heat pump for heating is when I have had all the problems with melting of the insulation on the pipes, the heat pump running forever the room temp dropping anywhere from one to three degrees F. The company that I use have been out to my house many times doing this and doing that and still it is not working the way it should. The pump and air handler are to big and need to be replaced. I can't tell you how many times they have replaced the insulation which melts at 215 F yes that is how hot the line was getting,the reversing valve has been changed the thermostat, outside and inside, vacum test done and system refilled to the point where I have had it. Now that the temp is above 32F it should run ok until next winter when all the troubles will beging again. You buy in good faith pay good money and you get stuck with a sytem that does not workk as a matter of fact it ends up costing you more money because if the heat pum is not work the electric furnace part is. I really wish i had never changed to lennox and that the company that sells them in Ontario had never been to my home. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: B Wag
Location: Defiance, Missouri

"Don't buy a Lennox"
Purchased a new home in 2003 with a Lennox 5 ton heat pump. Found out today, my sixth major problem with this unit, that my compressor was locked up. This is second time the compressor failed (first time only had it for six months) and I am going to replace it with. Very dissapointed with Lennox and will not have another!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: J. Reece
Location: Atlanta, GA

"13 hpd-042"
spent $5,400 for a new Lennox heat pump and Lennox air handler on 11/10/2007 because I was tired of charging the old one. Universal Heating and Air recommended a 3.5 ton r 22 Lennox matched unit. Had some minor issues and Universal provided all the P/M work. Unit started blowing cooler than normal air and service company came out. $199 to find leak in the outdoor unit, fixed the leak re-charged unit for another $230, started unit up and green fluid leaked and the compressor quit. Still under warrenty for part, but labor is not. I am hopefull that Lennox and Universal Heating and Air will make it right. No one should have to spend this kind of money on a 3 year old system.

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: R. Blais
Location: Huntsville, AL

"Buyer beware of Lennox heat pumps"
If you are in the market for a heat pump, don't buy Lennox. Had a Lennox 3.5 ton heat pump installed July 2009 and just forked out over $500 for labor to replace a TXV and other items. Lennox "Consumer Affairs" is a joke, it is obviously structured to hinder customers communicating legitimate complaints to them. Am beyond frustration and would gladly join any class action lawsuit against Lennox. Am going to write a letter to Lennox's COO of Residential Heating and Cooling and to any other officer I can find on the web. Not that it will do any good but Lennox just shouldn't be able to get away with selling such poor quality products.