Consumer Reviews of Kenmore heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Kenmore heat pumps

Date created: 2013-07-17 Name: P. Sutton
Location: Hazard, KY

"Model # PHD436000K000D"
I paid over $7,000 for the Kenmore heat pump combo unit (heat/A/C) three years ago. I came home last night and it was 91 degrees inside my house. I have spent the entire day calling Sears, looking on Kenmore's website and Sear's website for information. My model # does not exist on the Kenmore website, and could only locate it after calling Sears on one of their obscure websites. I was told by one Sears professional that the only warranty on my $7,000 unit was "exceptional" parts only and it was good until May 28, 2020. When I asked what "exceptional" parts are, she put me through to a Sears Specialist. The Sears Specialist told me it was basically the compressor and evaporator coils and my parts warranty was only good for 5 years after my purchase date. Needless to say I wont't be making any major purchases from Sears again. Do yourself a favor, buy a Trane. Also, in response to the lady who remarked that the other bad reviewer didn't understand how a heat pump worked and he or she was ignorant, I'm glad you are happy with your Kenmore from Sears. My guess is you or your husband work for Sears. If not, wait a couple more years and let us know how much you still love your Kenmore heat pump.

Date created: 2013-05-07 Name: Mr. PO
Location: peru, indiana

"Sears is Garbage"
Had my heat pump/electric back up for 3 years. Both the heat pump and back up have had to go through major repairs. Electric furnace needed a new motor and is now working again but is very noisy. The heat pump on the other hand hasn't worked properly in a year now. Sears keeps sending out junk compressors and it take 1-2 weeks for the compressor to get to my house. On top of that it takes the repair company another week to show up to install it only to tell me that the compressor is junk. All under warranty and they refuse to just simply replace the entire unit. Glad Sears is going bankrupt, they deserve it, never buying there crap products again.

Date created: 2012-06-10 Name: Jill Trident

"Sears is great!"
They do a great job with new air condoning! Its so sad to read these reviews from people who only write to complain. The things I read that are marked as "unsatisfied" are obviously from the rude, impatient and ignorant of how the hvac process works. The company and warranty are wonderful! I love mine, maybe I also just have a good attitude and attract good things!