Consumer Reviews of Heil heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Heil heat pumps

Date created: 2009-01-17 Name: B. Kulcsar
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"DO NOT BUY"
Will not keep temp above 65 degrees when out side temp is below 32. aux heat runs all the time. unit never shuts off. burned out relays and heat strips. unit has been serviced three times. still do not work.

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Mike Brothers
Location: Mt. Juliet

"home owner"
This is nothing but junk!!! It has almost everything replaced on it. The compressor is out now, as well as part of the heating system. I called the manufacture and they said given the history of the unit, they would take the price of the compressor off the price of a new unit. The compressor is under warranty anyway, I will never own anything ICP makes again. Please tell your friends.

Date created: 2008-12-23 Name: Kevin Smelser
Location: Rural Retreat, VA

"Heil is not worth the money or time to deal with."
3 yrs I had a Heil heating system put in my new home. Has not worked right since. The Company that installed it done a shity job. Would not come back and fix it had three compressors put in still does not work right. We have had light bills from 325 to 400 dollars ever year threw the winter mouths for three years. Since I have read the Reviews and satisfactions on Heil it looks like to me it is 95% of the product that Heil is making is not worth 2cents. The installers I have no idea about them. Finally the two guys I found is working with me really well on trying to get it fixed. As far as dealing with Heil or tell someone to get a Heil heat pump I would not.

Date created: 2008-12-06 Name: D. McAlavy
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida

"5 Ton Heil 2yrs old - Nothing But Problems!"
Purchased new rooftop combo unit new in 2006. Paid $5400.00 for it and installation. Barely used in heat mode here in Florida. Mostly ac set at 83 Degrees, so this unit gently used. Unit keeps tripping breaker on the unit. 3 service calls at $90.00 each and no one can explain why. Now, in its 2nd winter season, the heat wont come on. Service rep said evaporator coil has a leak and needs to be replaced for $750.00. What happened to companies putting a product that they will warranty for more than a year? I will never buy Heil (Or any International Comfort Products) ever again! They are junk!!!

Date created: 2008-10-11 Name: James
Location: Fort Smith, AR

"Where's The Heat???"
Not much heat in heatpump mode, will warm a little then reverse's with no Aux heat assist. Air blows ice cold long enough for the coils to defrost then reverse's bk to heat. bk & forth, bk and forth, heat then A/C.... This causes the unit to run continious and I mean 24 hours a day. Have to run in Em Heat mode to stay warm.... 3 service tech say's " I dont know what it is".... The A/C does cool like a champ in the summer, and winter. lol

Date created: 2008-07-25 Name: J. adams
Location: AL

"My Heil units."
I had a five ton and a three ton unit installed in my home. Two fans and two compressors later I regret this decision very much.

Date created: 2008-07-18 Name: Andrew Korte
Location: Grants Pass, Oregon

"HVAC Dealer"
I have been a dealer and a installer of Heil heat pumps for almost two years, and have had not one problem or part fail. We have installed hundreds of heat pumps. The only complaints have been minor noise issues which were resolved with vibration isolation pads.

Date created: 2008-06-08 Name: Steve Phillips
Location: Starr, South Carolina

"heil heatpump"
Have nothing but trouble out of this unit hhp224akc1 its a 12 sheer unit ,the unit is on its 3rd compressor . I am going to tell everybody I know not to buy a Heil unit.

Date created: 2008-05-27 Name: J Hartpence
Location: Kissimmee, Florida

"Janet H."
Unit came with our new home. First year the outside fan went out, then in 2003 the condenser went out also. Relay switch and fan compressor went out, 2 years later fan goes out again. Did I mention that the drain has backed-up at least 6 times. Now we are dealing with the condenser leaking AGAIN. It's really nice when people know that they have problems with their products but sell them anyway. We are now going with Trane.

Date created: 2008-05-21 Name: Big Bill in TN
Location: Cleveland, TN

Needs partís all the time 2 expansions valves @ 400 each. Circuit board. Blows breakers.