Consumer Reviews of HAIER heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about HAIER heat pumps

Date created: 2011-12-04 Name: Fred
Location: Maryland

"Make sure you have a reliable installer"
Already had 3 fans replaced. One out of the box was bad, second about a year later, third this (2011) summer. Luckily, the installer is a stand up guy and he comes and replaces them when they go out. I would stay away from this brand.

Date created: 2011-11-29 Name: Patty
Location: Antioch, TN

"Nothing but trouble!!!!!"
Heat pump was installed when I bought my town home in 2006 I needed repairs made every year!! Last summer the condensor was replaced and now the outdoor unit is not defrosting properly which means more $$$ out of my pocket. Do not buy this brand because you will regret it unless you are a builder or contractor trying to cut corners to save a buck and don't care about your reputation.

Date created: 2011-07-15 Name: Jay
Location: clarksvile tn

"Awesome Unit High Quality"
Installed Haier -- very pleased with its performance. Looking to purchase another one soon.

Date created: 2011-05-22 Name: Mike
Location: union city Ga

"Haier 3 ton Heat pump"
Bought this unit 4 years ago and have already had to replace the capasiter last yearand I just found out it needs a new fan motor, I thought these units were supposed to last for many years

Date created: 2011-05-12 Name: noneya

"haier 13seer 4ton split"
I've bought this unit last july, it worked well throughout the summer. This winter was pretty cold with lows frequently in the teens, my Haier worked very well the entire winter. So far this spring the temps have been touching 90, my Haier keeps things cooled to 73 , right where I like it. Just had the unit a year but so far works exactly like it was made to do. I was skeptical about getting it, especially after reading this website. Then I read around on other brands and every one has terrible reviews and most are more bad than good. Even the powerhouse companies. I think it all depends if you use a good installer, good vacuum. I'll keep yall informed.

Date created: 2011-01-18 Name: Robin Catoe
Location: Camden South Carolina

"PIECE OF CRAP"
We built a new house and the contractor had his heating and cooling guy to install this piece of crap. No need to say anymore.

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: R. Beck
Location: Blackshear, GA

Bought new home with Haier systems already installed. The system for the main living area has been replaced twice-both the outside units and the air handlers. Never heated or cooled well. Never cooled to below 78 on a 85 degree day. Need heat strips operating to heat. Now the system's compressor will not come on. Unit is only 4 years old. I have had it with this Chinese junk.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: D. Summers

"Bad !!!"
We have had this unit for a year and a half. It has only gave us trouble and had to spend lots of money!!! Don't waste time or money!! We had to replace sensor board three times!!

Date created: 2009-12-31 Name: M. Carpenter

"building maint. tech./property manager"
Indoor fan motor locked rotor. Fan relay burnt up. Defrost board gone. Multiple contractors struggle to repair and find parts. Where did this product come from?

Date created: 2009-11-22 Name: T Kitchens

"Haier HP Installation Was Wrong"
The problem with Haier is installers are putting in the wrong piton sizes for the units. I am a master hvac mechanic with a ga State Commerical hvac License. Most companies who sell these units, sell to "anyone" and that is where the problems occur. They don't install it correctly!!! Copper is copper, compressor is a compressor and electricity is lectricity.... Just need to get a trusted hvac person to install or troubleshoot.