Consumer Reviews of HAIER heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about HAIER heat pumps

Date created: 2013-07-19 Name: Whall
Location: ohio

"Shoot it"
Bought 2 years ago, had to replace capacitors and circuit board and now the compressor. I really am disappointed and will never buy or recommend one in any way ever again. Do yourself a favor and do some research and spend the few extra bucks on something better.

Date created: 2013-07-16 Name: P. Goudreault
Location: Longueuil Quebec

"Instructions Manual"
Using the unit 3 first years, unit not used the last 2 years. Instructions manual has been lost. Impossible to set hours on zapper. Works on cold and heat mode, what are other modes for? Possible to get an instructions manual in french? If not available, I will have English one translated. Thx

Date created: 2013-06-01 Name: Fred
Location: Maryland

"Another Review 2 Years Later Still More Probs"
I explained in 2011 that we had gone through three fans. The installer, a professional replaced them at no cost. In the fall of 2012 the 4th fan failed and Tom (the installer) brought a new fan which was not the Haier fan. He bought U.S. made fans and adapted them to the Haier fan mount. Today the temperature was up to 100F and the Haier failed again, this time the fan was working great but the compressor was not pumping so the house went up to 85F by 3PM. Called Tom, he lives nearby, and he came within 15 minutes. Replaced the Chinese capacitor with a Mexican made capacitor plus a U.S. made stare cap. Tom told me installing Haiers was the biggest mistake he's ever made. Further, he said Haier has never supplied him with warranty spares (I.E. he has been paying for the parts himself buying them from local distributors). Do not buy a Haier, they are junk. In the fall I will be replacing this piece of crap even though it is only 4 years old. My last heat pump, a Carrier, lasted nearly 25 years.

Date created: 2013-05-10 Name: Shaun Schumacher
Location: weatherford, texas

"Piece of crap"
This is far and away the biggest piece of crap I have ever purchased. Not just heating/cooling. The worst thing I have bought in my entire life. I have owned it for 10 months and had it serviced in 6 of those months.

Date created: 2012-12-11 Name: Stephane Quesnel
Location: Montreal, Canada

"Piece of Crap"
First year: Leak of gas due to pre-assembled part. Second year: Inverter valve malfunction, had to replace. Third year: Defrost board malfunction. Fourth year: Fan cracked! Yes, the freaking fan cracked due to stress and metal fatigue. Unit is assembled in USA but all parts made in China. Advice: Buy a Carrier or other brand made and assembled in America.

Date created: 2012-11-27 Name: D B
Location: NE Alabama

"Defrost Board Goes Bad Every Year"
We have owned this for 6 years and it's about to get it's 4th defrost board. Warranty has covered the boards but not the labor. This will be the first year (past 5 year warranty) that the unit isn't under warranty. I guess, I will see how much this will cost.

Date created: 2012-03-02 Name: Peter, S
Location: Cinc, Ohio

"Excellent Equipment - Quiet"
Over 30 years in the hvac industry all I have to say is proper installation of any equipment will make the difference. Its not the product but the installer..... People understand any equipment if not installed properly by licensed hvac contractor will eventually have problems. I have installed many Haier Heat Pumps in the last 5 years and only once I had to go back. Since I am a contractor and bought the unit from my Haier Supplier I was able to get the part needed next day. If you are a homeowner and try to install any brand of heat pumps no manufactures will warranty the part. That's why you protect your investment and hire a company.

Date created: 2012-02-26 Name: Edgar Kully
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada

"Haier Central Heat Pump"
Love my Haier heat pump. I had a Trane heat pump in my old house and boy was it loud. My Haier is very quiet. I had an electric furnace and was paying around $300-$400 month. Now with my 3 ton Haier, I'm paying $50- $75. I had HVAC company install it and never had any problems. I am building a second home and will be installing another Haier.

Date created: 2012-02-24 Name: T.Ellis
Location: Seattle, WA

"Very Satisfied With The Haier Brand Split Heat Pump"
I had a company professional install a Haier heat pump 5 years ago and works very well. I had no problems with the unit. It cools and heats my home very efficiently. To all the negative people: Any unit if not installed properly or by licensed person will have problems. That's why you get a licensed hvac certified contractor!

Date created: 2012-02-17 Name: C Terrizzi
Location: jacksonville FL

"Zero warranty support"
I am a contractor. The unit appears to have come with the wrong piston in the outdoor unit. Nowhere online does Haier have a tech support number and their manuals do not have the necessary information. Good thing the homeowner doesn't need it fixed now, because by the time we find who sold this thing, they would be without heat for 2 weeks. This is the only system I know of actually made in China. What happens when a compressor dies and they do not have parts?