Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-10-09 Name: B White
Location: fred,va

"Goodman heat pumps"
I have a 3 ton 10 seer unit in my commercial garage that has cranked out heat or air every day for over 7 years with no problems. Also lowered the electric bill by 50 to 75.00 per month, and the cost of the unit in 2004 was half of other major brands. I think some of the bad reviews are due to poor quality installations. I also had a 2 ton 13 seer put in my attic at home in 2005, and now in 2011, no problem whatsoever! I guess I had a good technician install these units.

Date created: 2011-09-18 Name: Harry Laytos
Location: Scottsdale AZ

"Update on our Goodman"
Had a compressor blanket placed on the compressor and it reduced the start up noise by 50%+. It is working very quiet now and cooling very well here in the Phoenix desert. We are very pleased with Goodman heat pump.

Date created: 2011-08-30 Name: M. Hall
Location: Phoenix AZ

"Runs like a champ"
I see a lot of bad press about Goodman, but my own experience has been good. This unit has been running like a champ for a couple of years now - it's quiet, efficient, & the price was right.

Date created: 2011-08-28 Name: steve hegel
Location: phelps ny

"My unit has run great"
My unit has run great since it was installed. I had a gmv95070 furnace installed at the same time and have had zero problems. Most of the complaints are from people who had bums or fly by nights install their systems. I have my system cleaned and tuned annually.

Date created: 2011-08-22 Name: Dennis Anderson
Location: Woodlawn Tennessee

"Lasted 2 years"
System worked great for 2 years. Then the condenser coil had many pin holes in it. "Warranty" covered the part but it cost over $300.00 in labor. My old Trane unit lasted well over 10 years with only manual service. I may have made a bad mistake in switching brands.

Date created: 2011-08-21 Name: Hv1245

"Please don't buy Goodman"
Goodman is shit just like Nordyne and Amana. Do not buy Goodman unless you want a unit that is made to fall, buy a carrier or Trane or Rheem ruud if you want quietly. The facts is Goodman is crap, please don't buy.

Date created: 2011-08-12 Name: Mike Kaiser
Location: North Charleston ,Sc

"CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT WILL SOLVE PROBLEMS"
Bought brand new on May 2011 it's now August 2011 and been fixed 5 times could of cost me a fortune . Customer service is horrible . I have a licensed hvac install it and he's a dear friend who does quality work every time something fails he knows exactly what went wrong with unit. If I didn't have a friend in the business this unit could of easily cost me a small fortune. Stay away from Goodman at all costs. Parts are junk and fail all the time.

Date created: 2011-08-09 Name: jane
Location: Louisiana

"Have never had a problem with this unit..."
Have never had a problem with this unit Goodman heat-pump. I have seen a lot of bad reviews on trane, carrier, york, you name it. I just wonder if every brand makes a bunch of lemons sometime. Oh, by the way, I am guilty of never having it serviced. I'm scared now that if I do, it's gonna break!!!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Josh
Location: Arizona

"Try a different Contractor"
People need to understand something. You can blame the maker but if the contracting company installing the equipment is trying to rip you off or is terribly ignorant than you will have yearly repairs with any system. This is how companies rip you off. They are getting paid each time. Who deals with your warranty? Them too. Don't blame the brand for a terrible contractor. If you have not done your homework or tried another company then blame yourself for ignorance. ac contractors are a dime a dozen but there are very few that are reputable decent companies. I have had a Goodman for 12 years. There warranty is better than any other. Trane can't even compare with there warranty so if your so called contractor tells you different then find another contractor.

Date created: 2011-07-25 Name: Danny Slattery
Location: Frankfort,ky

"The Worst Unit I've Ever Had"
I've only had the unit in the house for about 2 years. Spent over two thousand dollars getting it worked on. And it still doesn't work. That's using three different contractors.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>