Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: rob
Location: maryland

"air filter is not standard opening"
My air filter slot is 19 1/2" wide! This is not standard and I replace filter every 30 days! What a cram job to force the 20" filter in.

Date created: 2011-12-06 Name: R.Jungweber
Location: Cedar Falls, Iowa

"Garbage Goodman heat pump"
Garbage, garbage,garbage... I hope everyone that is in the market for a heat pump finds this page. Since I am from Iowa I thought Amana would be a good choice since the products were always good. Not so anymore since they sold out to Goodman. My unit is three years old and now whenever the unit switches out from defrost into heat there is a loud screech, sounds like someone playing a kazoo, this can last anywhere from 5 seconds to a few minutes. The contractor came 3 times, initially the unit was making a terrible hammering noise and they said Goodman has a circuit board to install to slow down the compressor kick in time. That helped but appears to be a band aid fix. Doing it now as I type. So far the parts are cheap at 45.00 ea and a switching valve is around that also but labor for that would be in the hundreds which is not covered. Getting ready to hook a chain to it and pull out with the truck. metmech@cfu.net posted my email for all to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from this...

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Nashville, TN

"Goodman heat pump has been an excellent addition to our house."
My husband and I were in need of a new heat pump after our old one gave out. After shopping around, we decided that Goodman was a really good choice. We've owned our heat pump for about 2 years now and haven't had any problems with it. It wasn't as expensive as some other "name brand" heat pumps, and came with an excellent 10 year warranties as well as a lifetime limited warranty. The pump is still fairly new, so we haven't had any problems with it. It hasn't needed any repairs or fiddling with. Since our heat pump is so much newer than our old one, my husband and I have also seen a drastic decrease in our energy consumption and a decrease on our utilities as well. We talked it over, and if we had to shop around and purchase another heat pump after this one gives out, we would still choose Goodman. I don't know that much about heat pumps, but this one has just been an excellent buy for us.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Oceanside, NY

"Goodman Best Heat Pump Money Can Buy"
Our Goodman heat pump offers us year round indoor heating and cooling comfort. It's very durable but if it does break down they bring another one free of charge. Goodman offers the best warranty in the business. I would definitely recommend it.

Date created: 2011-10-25 Name: A Higbee
Location: Pc Beach, Fl

"Bad Product"
I have 1500 square feet house and the unit lasted only 7 years with over $2,000 of service issues and freon during that time. Major leaks after the 5 year warranty expired. I will never buy their garbage again. Evaporator coil leaks like crazy right after warranty expires. Bad news units.

Date created: 2011-10-20 Name: Ralph Henderson
Location: Every where

"Garbage"
I am a contractor who has been installing this Goodman equipment for some time now. The failure rate on evaporator coils and reversing valves is ridiculous,it has effected my reputation as a contractor. They for some reason have misplaced many extended warranties I have purchased for home owners. Therefore have not paid for many claims I have sent in. My opinion they are a volume dealer and there is no quality in this product. This is cheap equipment for most companies to have high margins on. "Its not always the installation" as most will tell you, we do topnotch installs and still have problems!

Date created: 2011-10-17 Name: P. Hawk
Location: McIntosh, Florida

"Goodman Evaporator Coil Costly Problems"
I just got off the phone with Goodman's customer service and was informed that Goodman will not cover labor or Freon replacement caused by failure of their substandard evaporator coil. The AC technician I had at the time said Goodman was a good company, so I had a brand new unit installed. What a mistake that was! I am an elderly person on limited income so having to layout $475.00 for a repair caused by Goodman's lousy business decisions is very hurtful. Have they no shame? I hope there is a class action lawsuit against them. Goodman may have been good at one time, but now they are BAD NEWS!!!

Date created: 2011-10-11 Name: A. Grannan
Location: Helena, AL

"Not Good"
I have had two ARUF042 goodman units in 13 years. The first was new with the home in 1998. Started to fail in 2004. The second unit I bought in 2005 and am now replacing them a coil to the tune of $1300. The warranty reads 10 year warranty, but only if you own a specific outside unit, otherwise it is a five year warranty. These units are designed to last just outside the five year warranty. Do yourself a favor and do not buy Goodman.

Date created: 2011-10-09 Name: B White
Location: fred,va

"Goodman heat pumps"
I have a 3 ton 10 seer unit in my commercial garage that has cranked out heat or air every day for over 7 years with no problems. Also lowered the electric bill by 50 to 75.00 per month, and the cost of the unit in 2004 was half of other major brands. I think some of the bad reviews are due to poor quality installations. I also had a 2 ton 13 seer put in my attic at home in 2005, and now in 2011, no problem whatsoever! I guess I had a good technician install these units.

Date created: 2011-09-18 Name: Harry Laytos
Location: Scottsdale AZ

"Update on our Goodman"
Had a compressor blanket placed on the compressor and it reduced the start up noise by 50%+. It is working very quiet now and cooling very well here in the Phoenix desert. We are very pleased with Goodman heat pump.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>