Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1920212223242526272829303132333435363738Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Jim

"GSH13 Goodman 2.5 TON Heatpump"
DIY. Never had any problem with it. Very happy with it. Backup heat is electric.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: B. Lampman

"Works Great!"
Am on my first year with this goodman heatpump and furnace. My last home had a goodman furnace and different brand heat pump. They worked well, so I have high expectations. My installer (jps heating) is absolutely fabulous. I have used him several years on several rental properties and never had a problem that was not user error. So far the heatpump has worked flawlessly. Cooling bills dropped slightly, but the savings has been on the heat side. It is 20 degrees right now, and the heat pump is running, and my house is 71 degrees. wow! My furnace ran for the first time this morning when it was 15 degrees out.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: Jeff

"Sales representative"
I was very disapointed with the sales rep. He became very arrogant and pushy when I said I didn't want to buy that night, He was insistant that I buy now and check out his product later. My opinion is if you need to push a unit that hard that it can't be that good.

Date created: 2009-11-19 Name: ken morrison

"Goodman"
I installed my 4 ton package heat pump on my house in Feb 07 and it has been flawless in 115+ degree heat. I have installed many of these package goodman units for friends and family and they have all been 100% trouble free. Installation is the key! I do all of my installs way above standards. I even installed one split system with a 95% efficient furnace four years ago, it has also been 100% trouble free.

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: R Kronz
Location: Central Florida

"GOODMAN COIL LEAKS"
I have a small a/c business in central Florida. I have been installing Goodman as well as other brands for over 10 years now. I have always liked Goodman as they are priced low and offer the best warranty in the industry. Well, I must now say that the warranty better be good, because their evaporator coils arent. I have replaced over 12 coils in the last 2 years, all Goodman, all leaking in the fin stack- not at solder joints. Goodman has a replacement coil that is coated with a black epoxy that is supposed to solve the corrosion problem. I have been using these coils for replacement. Goodman states that it is something in the air attacking the copper. I agree, but I ask why is it attacking mostly Goodman coils ?? I cant get an answer. The sulfer gas emitted by the Chinese drywall will turn the coils black in a year or so, but I dont know if this is also eating the copper away. I have only replaced one coil that I personally installed, but have changed 2 coils that lasted only 1 year. Amazing to me.

Date created: 2009-11-15 Name: Dave E

"Installed 2 days Ago - Blown Away"
Two certified and very qualify technicians showed up here yesterday at 10am and finished the changeout at 7:30pm last evening. powered the unit up and instaneous heat, the system ran for 30 mins and had reached desired heat within 30 mins. One thing I noticed immediately was that a room in the lower level was toasty warm where it never was before. Woke this morning and the entire house was all toasty warm and even the kitchen area which is routinely chilly in the morning was very confortable. As for noise, well I dont know if it's the unit but wow, not at all what I expected, actually not even enough to know it's there. My only complaint is that my home has now become a showroom for Goodman with five neighbours having visited to have a look. One is definitely going for a changeover themselves.I Know it's only been 24 hrs but on first appearance wow. If allowed I'll check back with another review come Spring!

Date created: 2009-10-29 Name: Hot as crap

"Ugh"
I have had this unit for almost two months now and have had the thing worked on three times....dont buy it, it will cost you money. I live in florida and have had to sit in a 90 degree hot house because of it three times.

Date created: 2009-10-24 Name: Rob

"Goodman Dual Fuel Heat Pumps"
Both of the Goodman Heat Pumps that were installed in my new home have performed flawlessly. They are both 13 seer and I have the lowest utility bills ever.

Date created: 2009-10-22 Name: Laura H Carreira

"Two heat pumps installed two years ago"
We had two units installed several years ago after having another brand for 25 years. One has had only one problem, a leaking valve. The second one has had a total of four problems. The outside coil was replaced once and to date, the inside coil has been replaced three times. It is installed in my utility room, inside the house. There should be no reason (except for low quality welding) that the coil should leak,but it does. We have been without heating or cooling for about 7 months of the two years. I am most unhappy with Goodman. .

Date created: 2009-10-04 Name: Joe

"Hvac Contractor"
Installed two split system Goodman Heat pumps in my residents, no problem. Followed install guide as closely as possible.Service them occasionally.I Have over 30 experience in hvac. Point being high quality install occasional service, matched eqiuptment, correct line sizes. extends the life. Problem with Goodman is they sell to diy who buy video and install buy that.Mismatched ductwork,air flow.Also Contractors have different levels of experiences in tech.and it's just a job for many. No professionalism or pride.

<< Previous1920212223242526272829303132333435363738Next >>