Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1920212223242526272829303132333435363738Next >>

Date created: 2009-09-30 Name: jbatbf

"6 years and 3 major problems"
2Nd floor air handler stopped within 4 weeks of install-warranty repair. 1st floor compressor broke within 2 years-warranty repair I pay labor. 1st floor air handle leaks freon at 6 years-I pay. 3 ton units. 13 seer variable speed blower. I call it junk

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: A. D.

"GOODMAN IS TRASH!!!!!!"
My original 3.5 ton heat pump was replaced through American Home Shield after 20 years of average performance. The repair company installed a Goodman unit which suffered a "catastrophic failure" after only 3 years. After 5 visits, the repair company misdiagnosed the problem 3 times during a period of almost 3 weeks with almost complete component replacement and plenty of ineptitude, still was unable to repair it properly. When they used a "ducting failure" as their new excuse to charge me for non-warranted components, I called somebody else and told them not to come back. The alternate repairman replaced the unit the very next day with a different brand (Day & Nite) and so far, it has performed flawlessly.

Date created: 2009-08-20 Name: Michelle S.

"Split system heat pump"
Unit was installed in 2005, and in 2007 the copper line running between the indoor and outdoor units starting forming ice cubes but, the unit still worked. Then, in 2008 the unit fan wouldn't even come on. Now this year (2009) it's blowing warm air....probably just needs freon but, it's getting really aggrivating not knowing each year whether or not I'm going to be sweating out another summer. I follow the instructions for regularly cleaning the filter, etc. I'm a single mom and I don't have the money to keep pumping out for service men to come out and fix it. I've got friends that have the same complaints about their Goodman units....nothing but problems, problems, problems. As soon as I am able, I'm getting rid of this unit once and for all.

Date created: 2009-08-13 Name: S. Torrey

"Undecided about a Goodman unit"
Actually I just had this unit installed about a month ago and I am having problems with it from the very first day. I had no air conditioning the first night. The installer came out about 8 times the very first day and still could not fix the problem. The next day he came out and finally put a new fan in the outside unit and got it to come back on. However he has been out as of today 3 more times and the unit keeps coming on every 5 to 7 minutes? Our electric bill has gone up almost $50.00 this month. We had a 4ton 15seer complete unit installed for a 1600 sq. ft. home. I thought this was suppose to be an "energy efficient" unit???? I am so tired of this already I am really regreting buying this unit and just found out I can not get an extended warranty because I live in the state of Florida. And to make matters worse the unit I had taken out was still in good shape and working fine, I bought this unit because it's suppose to be energy efficient. I will repost in 3 months and let everyone know how things are going!

Date created: 2009-08-12 Name: Josh Helton

"goodman, junk units"
My 3 ton Goodman lost Freon within six months of being installed. Again in about two months had to charge it again. Three months after that the service ports were replaced. The company would do nothing. Three months later added more Freon. Four months after that, The inside coil started leaking. Goodman covered the price of the coil, but not the labor. This time it lasted five months before it quit cooling. I would advise to not buy a goodman unit, they are junk and the company doesn't care.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: Al

"Works Fine"
It's been a year since we got the Goodman to replace a still working 27 year old Westinghouse Hi-Rely, and we've been very pleased with the new system. Puts out way more heat and cold than the old one, quieter and lower energy costs. We just had the hottest weather on record, and the system was able to easily deal with it, and last winter the system ran beautifully even below freezing. I would recommend these to friends.

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: B. Grigsby

"Goodman 3 ton unit"
New unit installed in January of this year. It has been providing excellent service at very low cost compared to previous units. Mine is a split unit. I believe the key to satisfaction is in the quality of the installer.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: B. Carlton

"Happyone"
First system installed was mis-matched do to a factory error. 12 Service calls in one year. I complained about the noise and reliability and Electricity cost. They finally installed a completely new system (ssz 14036 and aepf 426016 in a 2129 Sq. ft. home). It works flawlessly so far. Electric Bills continue to decrease, and the unit is quiet. Some of the complaints I have read could have been written by me. (icing, noise, low heat, high electric cost) If the unit is matched and installed well they do work.

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: charles harris

"Dr."
Had the unit 4 years. it has needed to be serviced 3 times. last time was the capacitors. goodman? - not! Installers (Tillman's) also not!

Date created: 2009-07-29 Name: Mike

"Goodman is good"
I had my 4 ton Goodman packaged heat pump installed in september of 2008 and I am realy happy about it!

<< Previous1920212223242526272829303132333435363738Next >>