Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-27 Name: A. Larrazabal
Location: Northern VA

"Al Larra"
We purchase our home a little over 5 years ago. We wanted to upgrade the HVAC system and the builder said no. We got a Goodman (10 seer). The worth of the worth. We have had a maintenance contract, the system failed to work two weeks ago, right when we were hit by 18" of snow in Northern VA. It needed parts including the compressor for $4,850.00. Of course, the warranty expired at the 5 year mark. I had to invest on a brand new system "American Standard" (Trane) 16 seer. The quality of the unit is noticeable just by looking at the system package. Do not recommend Builder's quality Goodman HVAC. I won't purchase a home from the builder we bought ever again.

Date created: 2009-12-24 Name: Rick M.

"Hello Goodman"
The Goodman 3 ton heat pump was installed when we built our home. It is now 15+ years of age. We have not experienced one outage during this period until now. The unit has more than done its job. We have just had a service company check out coolant leakage. Rather than repair, they have quoted a Lennox system that appears to be at least $2k more installed than a new Goodman. Can you say hello Goodman?

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: R Hawkins

"dont buy goodman"
Replaced complete unit 3 years ago and seemed to have at least one problem a year if not more. I have two other old units and never had any problem with them. I would never consider another Goodman unless it was free with free installation and free labor and parts for 10 years.

Date created: 2009-12-13 Name: Ryan

"Maintenance"
Goodman makes good equipment. My heat pump has a Copeland compressor and some Honeywell controls. Goodman makes their equipment accessible to anyone, therefore they get bad raps from poor installs! I recommend to anyone who's having an equipment installed to do some footwork and check out just who it is you're letting into your home before they get there.

Date created: 2009-12-13 Name: J. Lyons

"Goodman Heat Pump"
We had two cooling failures during the first year. The first time was when the outside temperature reached 118 degrees! We had to pay $190 for "emergency" service call because we called at 6pm on a Friday. Nobody bothered to tell us that the service call would've been free had we been able to wait until Saturday. A hard start kit was then added & the technician told us this should have been put on when the unit was installed. The second call prompted replacement of all capacitors. Now, we've been without heat for almost a week. Fortunately, we recently purchased a decorative electric fireplace which has now become our main heat source. Good thing we don't live in subzero climate! For this, we had the privilege to pay $4,000 (for heat pump only)! I'm sure the profit margin on this unit was the reason HVAC company was pushing it. Their website says they sell Lennox equipment, but they sure didn't offer it to us.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Jim

"GSH13 Goodman 2.5 TON Heatpump"
DIY. Never had any problem with it. Very happy with it. Backup heat is electric.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: B. Lampman

"Works Great!"
Am on my first year with this goodman heatpump and furnace. My last home had a goodman furnace and different brand heat pump. They worked well, so I have high expectations. My installer (jps heating) is absolutely fabulous. I have used him several years on several rental properties and never had a problem that was not user error. So far the heatpump has worked flawlessly. Cooling bills dropped slightly, but the savings has been on the heat side. It is 20 degrees right now, and the heat pump is running, and my house is 71 degrees. wow! My furnace ran for the first time this morning when it was 15 degrees out.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: Jeff

"Sales representative"
I was very disapointed with the sales rep. He became very arrogant and pushy when I said I didn't want to buy that night, He was insistant that I buy now and check out his product later. My opinion is if you need to push a unit that hard that it can't be that good.

Date created: 2009-11-19 Name: ken morrison

"Goodman"
I installed my 4 ton package heat pump on my house in Feb 07 and it has been flawless in 115+ degree heat. I have installed many of these package goodman units for friends and family and they have all been 100% trouble free. Installation is the key! I do all of my installs way above standards. I even installed one split system with a 95% efficient furnace four years ago, it has also been 100% trouble free.

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: R Kronz
Location: Central Florida

"GOODMAN COIL LEAKS"
I have a small a/c business in central Florida. I have been installing Goodman as well as other brands for over 10 years now. I have always liked Goodman as they are priced low and offer the best warranty in the industry. Well, I must now say that the warranty better be good, because their evaporator coils arent. I have replaced over 12 coils in the last 2 years, all Goodman, all leaking in the fin stack- not at solder joints. Goodman has a replacement coil that is coated with a black epoxy that is supposed to solve the corrosion problem. I have been using these coils for replacement. Goodman states that it is something in the air attacking the copper. I agree, but I ask why is it attacking mostly Goodman coils ?? I cant get an answer. The sulfer gas emitted by the Chinese drywall will turn the coils black in a year or so, but I dont know if this is also eating the copper away. I have only replaced one coil that I personally installed, but have changed 2 coils that lasted only 1 year. Amazing to me.

<< Previous1819202122232425262728293031323334353637Next >>