Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Peggy Morrison

"Goodman Heat Pump"
I will never buy a Goodman product again. It keeps burning up. Meter on the product shows current problems. They can't keep it running and it's costing us big bucks to fix it so it will run another 2 days or if we get real lucky, 6 months.

Date created: 2009-12-29 Name: Dave E
Location: Canada

"Back again after 6 weeks"
We removed both the oil furnace and oil fired hot water replacing it with the heat pump and electric hot water. Our first bill went up 43$ and out second just arrived at $102 higher. Interestingly though, I didn't have to pay $1800 to replace the oil tank (law here in Canada) and my $3000 yearly oil bill has disappeared along with the rental on the hot water heater of $15.27 per month. Or temps are averaging -4 to -7 and the heat in our house is very equal. Have 3 neighbors who have ordered heat pumps so far! This must be the way to go!

Date created: 2009-12-27 Name: A. Larrazabal
Location: Northern VA

"Al Larra"
We purchase our home a little over 5 years ago. We wanted to upgrade the HVAC system and the builder said no. We got a Goodman (10 seer). The worth of the worth. We have had a maintenance contract, the system failed to work two weeks ago, right when we were hit by 18" of snow in Northern VA. It needed parts including the compressor for $4,850.00. Of course, the warranty expired at the 5 year mark. I had to invest on a brand new system "American Standard" (Trane) 16 seer. The quality of the unit is noticeable just by looking at the system package. Do not recommend Builder's quality Goodman HVAC. I won't purchase a home from the builder we bought ever again.

Date created: 2009-12-24 Name: Rick M.

"Hello Goodman"
The Goodman 3 ton heat pump was installed when we built our home. It is now 15+ years of age. We have not experienced one outage during this period until now. The unit has more than done its job. We have just had a service company check out coolant leakage. Rather than repair, they have quoted a Lennox system that appears to be at least $2k more installed than a new Goodman. Can you say hello Goodman?

Date created: 2009-12-22 Name: R Hawkins

"dont buy goodman"
Replaced complete unit 3 years ago and seemed to have at least one problem a year if not more. I have two other old units and never had any problem with them. I would never consider another Goodman unless it was free with free installation and free labor and parts for 10 years.

Date created: 2009-12-13 Name: Ryan

"Maintenance"
Goodman makes good equipment. My heat pump has a Copeland compressor and some Honeywell controls. Goodman makes their equipment accessible to anyone, therefore they get bad raps from poor installs! I recommend to anyone who's having an equipment installed to do some footwork and check out just who it is you're letting into your home before they get there.

Date created: 2009-12-13 Name: J. Lyons

"Goodman Heat Pump"
We had two cooling failures during the first year. The first time was when the outside temperature reached 118 degrees! We had to pay $190 for "emergency" service call because we called at 6pm on a Friday. Nobody bothered to tell us that the service call would've been free had we been able to wait until Saturday. A hard start kit was then added & the technician told us this should have been put on when the unit was installed. The second call prompted replacement of all capacitors. Now, we've been without heat for almost a week. Fortunately, we recently purchased a decorative electric fireplace which has now become our main heat source. Good thing we don't live in subzero climate! For this, we had the privilege to pay $4,000 (for heat pump only)! I'm sure the profit margin on this unit was the reason HVAC company was pushing it. Their website says they sell Lennox equipment, but they sure didn't offer it to us.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Jim

"GSH13 Goodman 2.5 TON Heatpump"
DIY. Never had any problem with it. Very happy with it. Backup heat is electric.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: B. Lampman

"Works Great!"
Am on my first year with this goodman heatpump and furnace. My last home had a goodman furnace and different brand heat pump. They worked well, so I have high expectations. My installer (jps heating) is absolutely fabulous. I have used him several years on several rental properties and never had a problem that was not user error. So far the heatpump has worked flawlessly. Cooling bills dropped slightly, but the savings has been on the heat side. It is 20 degrees right now, and the heat pump is running, and my house is 71 degrees. wow! My furnace ran for the first time this morning when it was 15 degrees out.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: Jeff

"Sales representative"
I was very disapointed with the sales rep. He became very arrogant and pushy when I said I didn't want to buy that night, He was insistant that I buy now and check out his product later. My opinion is if you need to push a unit that hard that it can't be that good.

<< Previous1718192021222324252627282930313233343536Next >>