Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: James A. Lott

"J A LOTT"
Air conditioner coil had to be replaced at just over 9 years of age. This just does not compare to the previous we have owned that lasts 15 to 17 years.

Date created: 2010-02-18 Name: R. McGee

"Goodman Heat Pump and Furnace"
The system was a lemon from day one! Significant failures include the thermostat, the humidifier, the condenser fan and a valve in the condenser. Finally, the heat pump failed completely when the condenser housing filled with ice and snow with no means of removing it. The dealer, Santa Fe of Gardner, Ks finally said I should find another service company.

Date created: 2010-02-12 Name: G. McKenzie

"Junkl that costs you money"
About a month ago, I had a Goodman 15 Seer unit installed for an 1800 square foot home. It comes on every 5-7 minutes. My electric bill is $440 a month with with the thermostat on 65. If you want to throw money away, buy a Goodman. It should be called a Not=so-Goodman.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: James House

"Leaky Goodman Heat Pump Unit"
The 3 ton Goodman Heat Pump that I bought from AC Whole Sellers has a slow freon leak. Neither Goodman or AC will pay for the labor to find the leak and repair it. I've spent $350.00 in the last year just replacing the freon and now I'm told they'll need 3 to 4 hours to go through the unit to find the leak. I need to replace my upstairs unit but I won't buy a Goodman because this is a flaw in their warranty.

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: Mark Lovell

"HVAC"
The equipment is far less the problem than the quality of workmanship. We installed all brands and have absolutely 0 complaints.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Mike

"Goodman Recalls - beware"
This is year 1, we are now on our 3rd replacement....It took about a year of trial and error for the contractor to attempt to fix the new outside unit.... They finally declared it a lemon and Goodman added the model to their recall list... No cost to us, all under warranty. So I paid $300 more and asked they upgrade the seer to 14 from the 13 we had bought. They installed the new unit and 3 weeks later it started to get loud... The contractor says Goodman just added this model also to the recall list.... As we speak, they are installing a new replacement... Again, all warranty work but this is getting a bit ridiculous now... Stay tuned for more of this saga.... Oh the new unit (14seer) comes with a lifetime warranty on the compressor.... I believe we will need it.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Cecil Hanks

"Home Owner"
Right after installation, the the unit did not perform. Freon was added twice. This winter one unit would not come on. It was discovered that the coil was leaking. After checking the other unit, it was also low of freon and that coil was leaking. I now have a new used unit since both coils have to be replaced. I also have not received the efficiency from these units I was promised. My utility bills have not been where they should with this type system I installed.

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: Steve

"Goodman Heat Pump"
This is the third heat pump for my house in Alabama. As an air conditioner, it works pretty well even in our 90+ degree summers. However, I have had the installer back several times in the winter because it will blow constantly without ever heating the house. I have never had as much trouble with any other units before.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: Cathy

"biggest mistake is buying a goodman"
I replaced a 25 year old Carrier heat pump with a Goodman. Within 8 months, I had to replace the coil,(part was under warranty, was charged $90 dollars for shipping and handling and $695 to install, not counting 3 months of triple my electric bill) 8 months later, I need another coil. If I have to replace the coil every 8 months with triple electric bills, I'm going to be broke.

Date created: 2010-01-23 Name: Danny M

"Goodman works great!"
Great! Model ssz140241af provided excellent cooling last summer and when the temps went down to 29 degrees for the whole night, the heat pump only ran about 55% of the time. It heats so well, I disconnected the aux circuit to save even more. At 12 cents per kwh, my electric bill was only $80 for the last month including lights! (Dec-Jan) My only complaint is that in defrost mode, the fan cranks up to a higher speed with added draft and noise.

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>