Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-05 Name: Mark Lovell

"HVAC"
The equipment is far less the problem than the quality of workmanship. We installed all brands and have absolutely 0 complaints.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Mike

"Goodman Recalls - beware"
This is year 1, we are now on our 3rd replacement....It took about a year of trial and error for the contractor to attempt to fix the new outside unit.... They finally declared it a lemon and Goodman added the model to their recall list... No cost to us, all under warranty. So I paid $300 more and asked they upgrade the seer to 14 from the 13 we had bought. They installed the new unit and 3 weeks later it started to get loud... The contractor says Goodman just added this model also to the recall list.... As we speak, they are installing a new replacement... Again, all warranty work but this is getting a bit ridiculous now... Stay tuned for more of this saga.... Oh the new unit (14seer) comes with a lifetime warranty on the compressor.... I believe we will need it.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: Cecil Hanks

"Home Owner"
Right after installation, the the unit did not perform. Freon was added twice. This winter one unit would not come on. It was discovered that the coil was leaking. After checking the other unit, it was also low of freon and that coil was leaking. I now have a new used unit since both coils have to be replaced. I also have not received the efficiency from these units I was promised. My utility bills have not been where they should with this type system I installed.

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: Steve

"Goodman Heat Pump"
This is the third heat pump for my house in Alabama. As an air conditioner, it works pretty well even in our 90+ degree summers. However, I have had the installer back several times in the winter because it will blow constantly without ever heating the house. I have never had as much trouble with any other units before.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: Cathy

"biggest mistake is buying a goodman"
I replaced a 25 year old Carrier heat pump with a Goodman. Within 8 months, I had to replace the coil,(part was under warranty, was charged $90 dollars for shipping and handling and $695 to install, not counting 3 months of triple my electric bill) 8 months later, I need another coil. If I have to replace the coil every 8 months with triple electric bills, I'm going to be broke.

Date created: 2010-01-23 Name: Danny M

"Goodman works great!"
Great! Model ssz140241af provided excellent cooling last summer and when the temps went down to 29 degrees for the whole night, the heat pump only ran about 55% of the time. It heats so well, I disconnected the aux circuit to save even more. At 12 cents per kwh, my electric bill was only $80 for the last month including lights! (Dec-Jan) My only complaint is that in defrost mode, the fan cranks up to a higher speed with added draft and noise.

Date created: 2010-01-21 Name: J. Sebastiani

"goodman furnace"
I have had no problems with my 2 units and my electric and gas bills are less than previous model.

Date created: 2010-01-19 Name: Chris
Location: Eastern Canada

"waste of money"
I live in Eastern Canada and just built a new home and installed an air source heat pump hoping to reduce heating costs but it's doing the opposite. It is burning twice as much electricity as someone with an electric base board heating. Don't buy this shit. Go with another brand name or a different style heat pump.

Date created: 2010-01-18 Name: Bill

""ThePlumber""
I had my Goodman 410a installed in December 2007. The A-Coil leaked and had to be replaced Labor Day week 2009. Part covered, Labor $650. I see a lot of these in the reviews that failed premature! Sounds like a class action suit to me and I'm not so happy! In my plumbing business over the last 5 years, I see more junk. Part/product failure has gone from 5-10% to 40-50%. That crap is getting old and expensive. It also makes my business look bad! The contractor who put my system in is very reliable. He also gets the "Reputation". He gave my neighbor a price to replace their system and told them he no longer installs Goodman/Amana. What does that tell you?

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: S, Ervin

"NEW GOODMAN COIL THREE MONTHS OLD BROKE IN HALF..."
I came to this site and read all the reviews on all of the major brands of heat pumps. I decided on Goodman because of their lifetime warranty. The dealer who sold me this unit said that no other brand offered the warranty that Goodman does. I did not see any brand that had mostly all good reviews...not even Trane. Recently, I noticed that my heat pump ran just about 24/7. I thought it must be done to the frigid weather we are now experiencing. My normal electric bill is around $200.00. My December bill jumped up to $490.00!!!! Called my installer to come check the unit. He found the problem. The main heat coil was broken clean in half and all of the freon had leaked out. He changed my thermostat from "auto" to "emergency heat" for me to have electric heat until a new coil can be put in. I hate to see my next bill. My dealer asked Goodman if they would put me in a new unit. They said no. A new coil was being sent from Texas. I feel like this unit is a total lemon. How many other coils are going to break in half??? My dealer said his hands were tied as far as getting me a new unit. Tomorrow, I am calling the consumer dept. at Goodman. I will write reviews every year to let other know about this unit. I am not a happy camper. I also asked my dealer to see if Goodman would help me with my horrific electric bills because of this broken coil. He didn't mention anything about asking them to help me. I doubt they would. My dealer said if they didn't, he will help on my bill. He is a really nice guy... but I now hate that I chose Goodman. Read that the new Tranes were a piece of junk now too so what do you do?????? Any suggestions fellow owners???

<< Previous1617181920212223242526272829303132333435Next >>