Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>

Date created: 2010-04-28 Name: M. Garcia

"New Heat pump"
Let me tell you after reading the review of Goodman, I'm starting to believe the reviews. I just got mine replaced brand new and yes, it's started to give me problems. Haven't had it for 1 month yet, temperature drop lows 40 and now I get a loud noise from the outside unit. It woke me in up in the middle of the night. That's how loud the noise is. Call Tech to come over and see it. Waiting now to see what he tells me. Aggravation. That I don't need. Very unhappy right now.

Date created: 2010-04-26 Name: David

"Goodman heat pump"
This heat pump has never given me any problems until last year. The coil in the attice has a small leak and I have to believe that's because the unit wasn't installed correctly in the attice. The bottom of the coils set in water are really rusted. Only service call I've had was to put freon in once a year for the last two years. So now, I'm considering an Amana brand.

Date created: 2010-04-24 Name: John

"packaged heat pump"
My Goodman packaged heat pump is 16 years old and it has been very good to me. I have replaced three capacitors in the last 5 years and because of that and it's age I am replacing it. Also, the new one is much more efficient and I get a tax rebate. It still runs and cools great but I think it's time. I am going with another Goodman and with luck, it will serve as well as my old one. One more thing, some of you guys state that they are waiting weeks for parts. I don't understand this because of the number of them sold, there are Goodman parts everywhere. If your guy can't get them, change to another service company.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: D. Carter

"hvac contractor"
As an HVAC contractor, we used to install Goodman equipment for years. We have been having a lot of problems with indoor and outdoor coils leaking after a couple of years, not to mention contactors, capacitors, and reversing valves for the home owners that purchased Goodman equipment. I know what you're going through. We have to go back and repair this junk free of charge. Didn't start having trouble with this until after we installed maybe a thousand pieces of equipment. So, go figure how much money we had lost as a contractor. Makes you want to close the doors. We sold a lot of Goodman, and regretting everyone that I sold. Every Goodman service call that I go on, as soon as I get out of my truck, I grab my gauges and freon. Leaky Goodman...lol

Date created: 2010-04-05 Name: Michael Chapman

"Goodman Heat Pump"
The Goodman heat pump is very loud! I am having to work it all the time. Never buy a Goodman!

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: E. Skelton

"never buy a goodman"
I had this unit installed 3 years ago. I have had it worked 6 times. They have replaced the heat strips, the coil, circuit board, filled with freon 3 times plus each time they worked on it. No matter what they do, it will not heat or cool like it should. My electric bill keeps climbing. It has gone from $70-$80 to $200-$210. I bought the extended warranty and a lot of dealers won't honor it. I can understand why. Have tried to contact the Goodman company and all we get is tech service and they don't do anything.

Date created: 2010-04-02 Name: Wyman Langston

"owner"
The Goodman heat pump I have has too many parts to go bad. Now, the compressor has been out for about six weeks. My dealer has not been able to get one yet. It is still under warranty but no parts is same as no warranty. The weather is hot. I cannot talk to anyone with Goodman. I will never have anything else built by this company.

Date created: 2010-03-16 Name: S. Boone

"Nothing But Trouble"
I have actually only had the unit for 4 months! It is a piece of junk. Someone has been out here at least once a month trying to fix a heating unit that blows cold air in your house when it is 40 degrees outside. I just got new freon placed in it at 0900 today due to a leak... It is now 10:20 at night, and cold air is blowing in my home again!! Tomorrow morning, I will be calling and telling someone to get this piece of junk out of my yard!

Date created: 2010-03-16 Name: Lori

"Worst investment ever!!"
This is the worst investment we have ever made. Unit is barely 2 years old and it is currently sitting "dead in the water". In the first year alone, we had over a dozen repairs. We are in Arizona, and it quickly reaches over 100 degrees in the house during the summer months without a working A/C unit. In winter months (now experiencing), it drops down to 60 degrees or lower in the house. Our technician tells us that the part needed is obsolete. The unit is only 2 years old and they no longer make the part needed to repair???? So, we just sit and wait, with no heat. Customer service does not care, they took our money and left us with a large piece of garbage. Would not even recommend this product to my worst enemy!

Date created: 2010-03-08 Name: David K.

"WORST CHEAPEST A/C GOODMAN"
I am being 100% honest. I have been in the apartment, housing and commercial A/C repair business for 20+ years. Goodman is 100% junk. You will have to replace the compressor within 5 years. Unit will leak freon, electrical contactor will fry, valves with leak. Junk, junk, junk, junk, junk. I know from experience. If you purchase a Goodman or a Janitrol brand, you will suffer and be sick you ever purchased one of these after about 3 to 6 years.

<< Previous1415161718192021222324252627282930313233Next >>