Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Bill Payne

"Worst company..goodman"
I bought 2 units both 16 seer. Supposed to be top of the line. Problems with both. Replacing unit because of burnt compressor. There is no explainable reason. Goodman sells junk...Go elsewhere.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Tim Knighten

"Tim Knighten"
I just replaced my 5 ton heat pump with 2 new 2.5 ton units after 16 years of hard service. These are nice units with scroll compressors and in my opinion very comparable with other major brands. I'm somewhat surprised to read as many negative reviews that are posted here. I am a contractor and have been installing Goodman units for at least 18 years and really can't remember having to warranty anything other than a $10 contractor. I even had one that went trough 2 saltwater baths from hurricanes and had rusted so bad it was being held together by duct tape. It was probably 20+ years old under the old Janitrol name. I have to think that most of these problems derived from poor installation issues.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: Chris

"DO NOT BUY!"
The unit is 2 years old and the compressor has already broke. The part is under warranty but I'm being quoted prices of almost $950 to replace the compressor. I live in a newly built house and so does my neighbor. They had the exact same problem with their unit and had to shell out over $700. Do not buy Goodman heat pumps!!!

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: Clint
Location: Southwest Missouri

"first was worst second is great"
When we bought our house, the AC never seemed to match the thermostat. We found out we had a leak which could not be found. Refilled freon and off we went. The next year same problem, so I had a friend recommend a good HVAC guy. He came out and said you paid for this installation? How was I supposed to know? Anyway, he showed me the inside of the compressor which was holding water. He immediately found a leak and said we had to replace. He built up a pedestal for the new unit and the next thing you know we had a thermostat that read what the temperature was inside. The guy came back the next day and said looks good. He even replaced landscaping around the unit. He comes back every year and does a little check up for free. It is all in the installer. Lookwood Heating and Air is the best in southwest Missouri. He even told us that Goodman was a fine brand, just needs to be setup correctly.

Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: JTB

"JTB"
I had a Goodman unit installed November 09. December 09, the circuit board had to be replaced. By January 2010, 3 more technical calls to address the deafening noise of the defrost cycle. The installing company was reputable - in business over 30 years as a commercial subcontractor to my husband's business. The installation company's business failed March 2010 due to economic climate crisis. Called the Factory Rep for Goodman about the noise March 2010. He had another installer install a repair kit to lessen the noise. Now the unit doesn't cool properly. I called Goodman's customer service dept May 14. She said no warranty claimed had been opened by the installer or the Factory Rep. I filed the claim in May, even though I had reported problems since November 09. Did not hear back from Customer Service Rep until May 27 to say the Factory Rep is on vacation and won't return until June 1, but they have determined that the first installer mixed refrigerants. I wish I had never heard of Goodman Mfg.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: B. Key

"Not good units!"
Typical review that I have seen. The coils on both units I own have leaked, one last year and one this year. I agree that the installer makes a difference, but not on internal parts. Goodman covered the part, but not the labor. I will never allow another Goodman product in any home I own!

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: C. Adams

"Coils"
My husband and I are extremely dissatisfied with this unit. Did not purchase warranty and coils started leaking from after about 16 mos. Installer says he has been in the business 30 yrs and has never seen anything like it. We're in the process of battling Goodman and the installer for refunds, etc. We've been told that Goodman tried to save $ by reducing the amount of copper on their coils (copper prices have soared). So anyone buying these heat pumps are paying for it. Never buy a Goodman!!

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: F. Crutchfield

Ran well for two years and then started needing gas put in it. Now the condenser coils have to be replaced on the 3rd year. The unit outside makes a lot of noise. Coils are covered but the rest is $730.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Don Marks

"My Goodman Heat pump"
Hello folks! Just want to say that the road I live on, 3 of my neighbors have a Goodman heat pump as do I. I have had mine 2 years and I have had no problems. My friends have had no problems from their Goodman heat pump. I believe that if any heat pump Goodman or any other brand that if installed incorrectly you will have problems. My advise to any one who buys a heat pump no matter the brand get the best service tech you can find to install. Installation makes all the difference in the world. I hope this helps you make an informed decision on buying a heat pump.

Date created: 2010-05-18 Name: John Lawler

"Goodman Heat Pumps"
2 units - both model numbers cple30-1c - last year evaporator coil leaked on one, and today they diagnosed the second unit coil is leaking. I see some reviews of "the installer makes the difference". I ask how does the installer make the difference on the coil? The word on the street with the installers is these units leak a lot. Seems like a quality company would stand behind their product. Last year, the warranty covered the coil, but had to pay for the install (now the installer makes a difference as the coil is sweated into the system). But with a high failure rate, why should I have to pay labor??

<< Previous1314151617181920212223242526272829303132Next >>