Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Becky Hood

"Homeowner"
From the day we moved into our 2435 sq ft home, we have had nothing but trouble with this unit. Our power bills are running $475 during the summer months. Our unit has had to have a multitude of parts replaced. We have been asked to increase the intake sizing as well as purchase and install an attic fan in an attempt to have this unit work efficiently. I have been told by our dealer that I shouldn't keep my house on 72 degrees, that it is too cold of a setting. Even with 72 my house is hot. We have replaced the thermostat and over the 3 years we have been in the house, the freon has leaked out I know of at least 8 times. Parts replaced, coil, thermostat, blower, fan motor, shredder valve (twice), drain pain, condenser and last but not least the dampers have been enlarged. Yesterday, my house was set at 72 at 2:00. By 6:00, it had climbed to 76 degrees and took until 10:00 to come back down. I am being told that is just because of the area I live in. I will never purchase another Goodman unit nor would I ever suggest one.

Date created: 2010-06-17 Name: Bobby Michael Lovell

"Dont waste your money"
I had this heat pump for 8 months now and I hate it. The worth $3200 I have ever spent in my life. It is very loud. It sounds like a helicopter landed in my yard!!! Not to mention my electric bill nearly doubled. I would have been better off to just kept the 16 yr old Heil heat pump that I already have. Nothing wrong with it except it's 16 yrs old.

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: G. Martin

"Martin TN"
Installed Goodman 5 ton heat pump Jan 2009, paid $250.00 to install, connect to Goodman air handler. One month later, unit leaked freon. Paid $250.00 to recharge. Several months later, contact points failed. Paid $85.00. Compressor failed Feb, 2010 to date without heat or air. Goodman claims that because we purchased the unit from an online wholesaler and had professionally installed they will not warrant. Goodmans support people are heartless and offer no help, only excuses why they won't back their product. Their last comment was buy a new unit to get warranty.

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: I.M. Pissed

"This is a piece of Shit"
This unit failed to perform from day one. Lots of leaks and corrosion in tubes. Coil is bad. Reverser valve shot within a year. Go elsewhere!

Date created: 2010-06-11 Name: Eric Plyler

"M. PLYLER"
I have been installing Goodman products for the last 2 years and servicing them for 5. The main problem with Goodman is the installing contractor. These guys who get in to big a hurry and don't do a quality install. Installation is just like anything else in life. If you don't take the time to do it right, you will pay for it down the road. I give references for my installs because I do good, quality work. Quality over quantity. The fastest tech is not always the best.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: J. Aldret

"Director"
3 year old Goodman unit and evaporator coil shot!!! $500 in labor. I had a Ruud 20 years with not one problem till I replaced it. I could go on about other things but no need to get my blood pressure up. Done with Goodman.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: Tim

"14 seer goodman"
Evaporator coil rusted out at 3 years. Now at 6 years, the coils are rusting out again. I'm now at an extra grand in labor. I won't ever buy another Goodman. Contractor claims to replace 3 a week and doesn't sell Goodman anymore unless requested. He's replacing coils with better coils supposedly.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: B. Mosure
Location: AZ

"Homeowner"
So far, I've had no problems at all. Goodman cost 25% less than the next lowest cost brand. Mine is an r22 system. I live in AZ and my electric bill is 30% lower since the unit was installed. The house is comfortable year round.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Bill Payne

"Worst company..goodman"
I bought 2 units both 16 seer. Supposed to be top of the line. Problems with both. Replacing unit because of burnt compressor. There is no explainable reason. Goodman sells junk...Go elsewhere.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Tim Knighten

"Tim Knighten"
I just replaced my 5 ton heat pump with 2 new 2.5 ton units after 16 years of hard service. These are nice units with scroll compressors and in my opinion very comparable with other major brands. I'm somewhat surprised to read as many negative reviews that are posted here. I am a contractor and have been installing Goodman units for at least 18 years and really can't remember having to warranty anything other than a $10 contractor. I even had one that went trough 2 saltwater baths from hurricanes and had rusted so bad it was being held together by duct tape. It was probably 20+ years old under the old Janitrol name. I have to think that most of these problems derived from poor installation issues.

<< Previous1213141516171819202122232425262728293031Next >>