Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-04-02 Name: G SANCHEZ
Location: SAN ANTONIO TX

"Bad Reviews"
It is human nature to let everyone know when something has gone wrong, but when something good is done, you hardly ever hear about it. as an electrical & hvac contractor I come across improper installtion 90% of the time. The fact that you are blaming goodman to be a bad product is wrong. The same compressor, fan motor, and circuit boards on a goodman are the same in a trane, carrier, rheem, and etc. And yes there will be some defected ones as all mass produce products have. I have installed a large amount of goodman and amana with very little defects. I am more then sure if the unit fails prematurely, 90% of the time was caused by improper installation. Every aspect has to match for the unit to fully function correctly which include tonage size, return air size, supply duct size, copper line installtion, and the most over looked item is the electrical size of your service.

Date created: 2013-03-30 Name: C.Burrill
Location: concord va

"Goodman heat punps"
I have been installing hvac units for 10+ years. Goodman units are good, most of these problems sound like they are from poor installations. Ive had a Goodman in my house for 11 years and have not had any of these problems.

Date created: 2013-03-28 Name: K Phillips
Location: philadelphia TN

"Do not buy goodman"
5 ton unit is five years old. Extremely noisy right from the crate. Several freon leaks over the five years. Dead cold of winter compressor is out. Repair is replacing with a new unit in the morning.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: B Hill

"Goodman is the WORST!"
Horrible customer service reps, leaks freeon evey couple of months, total junk!!!! Don't buy GOODMAN.....Go with Trane!

Date created: 2013-03-16 Name: G. Flatt
Location: Cookeville, TN

"Guess what tore up again."
Have unit that is two years old and has been worked on four or five times due to Freeon leaking. The first time was due to improper installation. The next time the technician blamed it on bad copper line. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. This past summer with 100 degree weather the relay switch went out. Problem fixed again. Now the coil is leaking Freeon and has to be replaced. The heating and cooling owner says the part is under warranty but here is the best part. No one in Tennessee has the part. They found one out of state and guess who gets to pay the shipping on it. Me. The owner told me l could wait six to eight weeks for Goodman to make the coil. This product is a total joke. I would never recommend this product.

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: Sechul Kim
Location: Gainesville, VA

My home is seven years old and I have had to have your heating system service (9) times. Everything from replacing blower motor and inside coils to replacing the outside coils twice. I find it hard to believe that your company sells such poor components that they fail on this regular of a basis. Your system has cost me time of work to have it fixed. Large electric bills while running on emergency setting. Discomfort to my family for either lack of heat or cooling. The mental anguish of not knowing the next time it will fail. I would like to know your company’s police when a consumer of your products has this type issues. I would hope to hear back from you on this matter and hopefully find a resolution to my issues without posting my problem on your Facebook page or with the better business bureau.

Date created: 2013-03-11 Name: Adam P
Location: Birmingham

"Please don't ever buy this piece of junk!"
I had my Goodman heat pump installed in 2010. Since then the compressor has gone out twice and the coil once. Yesterday, something else went out and I'm having to call in another technician. This morning I called Goodman to see if they would assist on the labor and they were extremely rude and not one bit helpful. Please do not ever buy this piece of crap!

Date created: 2013-03-08 Name: BRIANO
Location: Southern WV

"You'll just do not understand"
I am a hvac Tech. for a property management company and work on/repaired multiple brand heat pumps,gas/electric furnaces,& condensing units for over 14 years.Those persons who were told that they had a leak, (unfortunately)aren't aware that the installer made the connections were 90%+ of leaks are found. Proper sizing and install are the key to longevity and efficiency of any brand system so before you go with the lowest bidder or supposed best equipment, check their references. Compressors, condenser/evap. Coils & reversing valves rarely fail when installed correctly.

Date created: 2013-01-28 Name: Robert Owens
Location: Riceville, TN

"4 reversing valves in two years"
Goodman unit is a piece of junk. A better use of this weight would be as a boat anchor. Although the parts are warranted the cost of the labor and freon is very expensive. We have spent over $2,000 dollars in the last couple of years on freon and labor. The unit was fixed the last time in mid September and has now broke another reversing valve. I will change manufacturers and buy a very long parts and labor warranty.I will never recommend Goodman to anyone for anything.

Date created: 2013-01-17 Name: Sam lowery
Location: Lumberton North Carolina

"Don't recommend to buy"
New compressor, new evaporator coil, new external fan, new internal fan, new capistors for internal. Now it needs a external coil, plus a new electronic board, because it do not go into defrost mode, it,s only 7 years old. It gets serviced ever year, since we,ve had it. Now tell me would you buy this product.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>