Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>

Date created: 2010-10-04 Name: M. Zelgewicz
Location: Evans Ga

"Don't buy this product"
Don't buy this product! I had a heat pump installed less than 14 months ago. The compressor and accumulator just failed. Goodman wouldn't replace whole unit...was going to cost over $1800 in labor to replace parts...replaced unit with a Bryant for less than $2200.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: Happy Goodman Customer
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

"Best unit."
I have had no problems with Goodman. Our contractor was great and did a picture perfect installation. Our system has been very quiet. Our contractor explained how Goodman has stepped up their game when switching to the 13 SEER minimum standard. Unit came from factory with 10years parts and LABOR warranty. Total cost was much lower than Trane. Contractor also explained how Trane did not manufacure quality systems like they used to. They were bought out by Ingersoll Rand. It was a no brainer choosing Goodman.

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: Tony P
Location: Hagerstown, MD

"Fine Heatpump"
I have had my Goodman heat pump in my house for 19 years now. It has never needed a repair and it still works real well. I'm thinking of replacing it now because I want a higher SEER rating and it will be tax deductible if done this year.

Date created: 2010-09-23 Name: ERIC HUPP
Location: RAVENSWOOD,WV

"UNSATISFIED"
UNIT WAS INSTALLED IN OCTOBER OF 2009 AND IS JUST AT A YEAR OLD. THE UNIT HAS RUN ONLY ABOUT A TOTAL OF 4 MONTHS. SHORTLY AFTER INSTALL EMERGENCY HEAT WAS NEEDED DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH THE UNIT AND HEAT STRIPS MELTED- OUT MOST OF THE WINTER W/O HEAT. SINCE THEN COIL HAS BEEN REPLACED- NEW COIL LEAKED AND NEEDED REPAIRED- IMAGINE THAT A NEW PART DEFECTIVE! ALSO HAD TO REPLACE EXPANSION VALVE, REVERSING VALVE AS WELL. 1ST CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA EMAIL- RESPONSE WAS BASIALLY WE DID OUR BEST BUT THINGS HAPPEN CALL THE REPAIR MAN AND IF HE CANNO9T FIX HAVE HIM CALL US. SINCE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT A RUN AROUND WHERE THEY ARE ATTRIBUTING TO INSTALL ISSUES- DOES NOT ALL THESE PARTS COME ALREADY INSTALLED?? UNIT DOES NOT WORK AND NO HELP WITH CUSTORER SERVICE- AVOID THE THE UNIT IN MY OPINION!

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: R Hicks
Location: Jonesboro, AR

"Not Good"
I just sold a house to some young people with a Goodman heat and air. 2 weeks in the house and they start having problems. We call a repair man and the same you hear on this site---coil is leaking and he says it is manuf defect. My folks are still out $650 because Goodman only pays for parts and labor and charging for replacing a coil are high. Never again will I recommend a Goodman unit to anyone. My husband and I had purchased one also about 2-3 years ago and we have had repairman out twice but so far has not cost us any money--still should not need anything first 2 yrs of service. BAd COMPANY--we need to start a lawsuit.

Date created: 2010-09-11 Name: p. chamblee
Location: hayden al.

"good system"
had my system installed by a coworkers son boy that was a mistake system did not work well came home after the third month return line and a coil frose up so i called a local heating and air he came out and hooked system up right runs great 100+ deg. quite and cools grate we have a 2250 sq. ft. house with a 4ton unit little under sized for the house but still does a great job use a pro to install and save a lot of problems

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Donna Alsup
Location: Huntsville, AL

"ALSUP"
Only had Goodman unit "highly recommended by our contractor" 1 year and 10 months. Evaporator coil died during the hottest summer on record for Huntsville Alabama. Had to wait 3 weeks in 95-100 degree temperature to get the part only to have it fail 2 weeks later. Now two weeks later replacement evaporator has died also. Now a new problem, a tube near the condenser has developed a hole from vibration up against another part and leaks also. Spent $950.00 the first time and now they want $600 for the second, not sure if a replacement part is available. After reading this site will install another manufacturer and put Goodman on a trailer with sign and drive it around town to share my bad experience and warn others to stay away. Watch your contractors. Contractor and installer don't want any responsibility not their problem and Goodman slow to respond to requests for help.

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: H. Loveless
Location: florida

"You get what you pay for."
I have been in the business for 30 years. You get what you pay for. MOST buildings do not have sufficient airflow due to poor duct design. That WILL kill your new unit..using restrictive air filters will KILL your unit. Using unlicensed and incompetent installers result in a unit that WILL DIE. Warranties have a beginning date and an ending date...if your contractor won't GIVE FREE repairs after the warranty is up, don't whine. It was you that decided the standard warranty was good enough. I have a disclaimer on my proposals that the customer must sign if they DON'T buy the extended warranty. All Goodman units come with owner information which includes the advice to and instructions on how to buy the extended warranty...if you didn't read it...it's your problem. Some of the problems have nothing to do with the equipment at all....if you never change the oi in your car, how long will it last...will Ford give you free gas when it runs out?? Goodman disallows warranty on internet purchases...I wish every company was that way.

Date created: 2010-09-02 Name: A Weinstein
Location: Concord, MA

"16 seer, 2 ton"
I almost didn't buy this because of all the bad reviews. As we've only had it a week,I can't speak about reliability yet, but this thing is super quiet.Unless you're in the room right by the outdoor unit, you can't tell if it's on. Our old one could be heard throughout the house, from the day it was installed. It's also a much more pleasant cool, less cold wind that you're aware of then just comfortable air all around, though this may have something to do with the new fan distributing the air

Date created: 2010-08-23 Name: rita Woolf

"GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE"
CAN'T SAY ENOUGH....GARBAGE, GARBAGE...

<< Previous89101112131415161718192021222324252627Next >>