Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: T. Barksdale
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Day 1 of NEW System"
I should have added to my first review that I have a full 10 year warranty for parts and labor.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: T. Barksdale
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Day 1 of NEW System"
Just got a 2 ton Seer 14 installed by professionals, replacing a 20 plus year old Carrier unit that was seer 9. I l,ive in Knoxville TN(thought that might help understand weather conditions). I read many reviews and was told by my install guy the same thing that most of the pros have stated. Each unit uses the same parts just different names. The system is very quiet, standing at window where unit is right underneath and can barely hear it. Inside unit is very quiet as well. It is suppose to get into 20s tonight, so we will see. Day one very satisfied!! Will update as time goes on.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: M. Beal
Location: Newberg Oregon

"Buying and owning substandered equipment"
I had a 2 ton Goodman heat pump installed about 3 yrs ago and wish I have never bought it. The heat that comes out of the vents in the house is between cool and warm even though it will heat up my house given enough time. The a/c works very well though. The heat pump makes such a loud buzzing sound that I have to shut down the unit to enjoy being outside. I have called Goodman and they just tell me to call the local heating co. in my area. I did so and they say that it is working right. They told me to get a hold of Goodman about the buzzing problem. So I emailed them back and never heard from them again. I would have paid 2 to 3 times as mutch for a system I enjoyed and didn't hear. I might be replacing the whole system and it won't be with ANY Goodman products.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: David Harrison
Location: Clearwater, FL

"Just plain junk"
Had a new Goodman heat pump installed last year. After six months the unit failed. The repair man said the evaporator coil was leaking Freon. He said it needed to be replaced. He did at a cost of $300.00 to me. A year later, same problem, again new evaporator coil. Another $350.00 and I was without air for six days because of the back order of parts due to excessive warranty claims. This past week, units out again. Looking for another system, anything by Goodman trash. Anyone who buys Goodman, beware you get what you pay for. Good money, crap unit.

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: T.Randall

"BAD-MAN"
I've had lots of repairs on my 2-ton Goodman too, but even when it operates fine, it's NOISY. Honestly, even my neighbor asked if something was wrong with it. It wakes me up at night.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: C Warren
Location: Northern, VA

"RAHomes use Goodman"
Watched our neighbor's Goodman heat pump receive a major repair on (you guessed it) a scroll compressor. Two HVAC repairmen took 2.5 to 3 hrs to remove the old compressor (which is less than 3-yrs old), then install a brand new Copeland scroll compressor, plus recharge it with INEOS Fluor. My guess is $100 per hr for the HVAC guys or approximately $300 plus $100 probably for first visit. In our former home, we had a Trane heat pump installed with no issues in the 10+ years there.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: L. Ellegood
Location: Keystone Heights, Fl.

"Compressor Defective"
We bought this unit for our home less than two years ago. It hasn't worked right for over a year. The service technician told us to close the registers in our back rooms to keep the rest of the house cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It didn't work. Now that the warranty is out on labor, so is the compressor and we were told it was probably defective to begin with! I am ready to junk the whole system.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: T. Combs
Location: Statesville, NC

"TERRIBLE"
Contractor put in Goodman unit in my new home. I've been there for less than 18 months and have had several issues. Reverse valve stuck in spring = no a/c for a week. Now winter hit and guess what reverse valve needed replacement, compressor went out, coils replaced and still NO HEAT! I've been running emergency heat for 27 days and counting. So upset/mad I really can't see straight! Thinking about going to court...

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: wmiller
Location: levittown, pa

"junk"
circuit board replaced & reversing valve is stuck. Im running emergency heat$$$$$

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: Confused by reviews
Location: Midlands of SC

"Confused by reviews"
I bought a Goodman heat pump 9 years 1 month ago. It's worked OK, but it was noisy. Today, the unit was diagnosed with a bad compressor. Have to get it replaced. Luckily, I bought extended warranty (replaces compressor and pays for $400 in labor). Considering getting new complete unit since air exchanger is close to 20 yrs old, and was looking at Goodman reviews. This scares me! My installer says that Goodman (some connection to Amana - I called the company) is a good company and has a bad rep. Now I know why.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>