Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: Bud
Location: Langley BC

"compressor problems"
My brand new heat pump was installed 4.5 years ago and immediately started leaking Freon, this was fixed by the technician and the pump worked on ac all summer. In the winter the heat mode kept blowing the breaker, we replaced the breaker and then it worked for a while until it blew the breaker again and again. Tried all kinds of things and nothing worked over the years. Compressor finally died completely and needed to be replaced. Good news, it was covered under warranty. Well now the bad news. I had to pay for labor, and all other parts including Freon. $1,130 dollars later on this call and now it is working again. Hopefully it will not blow breakers and last longer than 4 years this time. $5,000 heat pump has now cost about $7,000 total. So much for saving money by installing a heat pump.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Scoot

"Good Unit"
Our 16 year old Janitrol (Goodman) heat pump was beginning to give us problems. We looked at Ruud, Carrier, and Trane. Reviews on every brand are pretty much universally the same. Decided to go with a combination 15 Seer Goodman. I had a very reputable dealer install it and do a lot of other work that the first HVAC contractor should have done 16 years ago. After two months I'm very satisfied. Just after the unit was installed we had one of the worst snows and the coldest weather in the past 10 years. It never missed a beat. I think the secret to a well running unit is the installer, not necessarily the brand name of the unit.

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: dpriest.
Location: 31768

"aka"
i had two units. each lasted only 7yrs. never again will i buy this make.d.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: C./J.Overbey
Location: Tennessee

"Junk, Junk, Junk"
Brand new house, brand new (we guess)Goodman heat pump 8/2005. Almost immediately starting having problems. Outside unit-leaked freon numerous times, every time for a different reason/different repair/different cost. Couple of weeks ago looked out, entire unit covered in block of ice. Can only run emergency heat/elec furnace right now,thermostat(?) issue (costly),some other issue once summer roles around and turn on air (expensive part, can't remember). Internal unit under house (crawl space more like a stand up space, builders too lazy to put in basement)-circuit boards replaced, no drain system for condensation, water dripping straight down-another repair/fee, pipes connected, hole drilled through wall/brick to run drain. Installation/contractor issue-too good to not include-2wks before son born Dec.07-NO heat, but units running nonstop, emerg heat light on. Go under house, ALL duct work has fallen down, because they were hung/supported by mesh/fabric cables, not metal/steel,etc. Was nice&toasty UNDER house though! Thank goodness hubby's guardian angel had him put big Christmas tree box where he did. Ductwork connected to unit had fallen and was still attached to unit, but it landed on the box and didn't fall all the way down, which would've pulled down the whole unit and all!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: T. Barksdale
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Day 1 of NEW System"
I should have added to my first review that I have a full 10 year warranty for parts and labor.

Date created: 2011-02-02 Name: T. Barksdale
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Day 1 of NEW System"
Just got a 2 ton Seer 14 installed by professionals, replacing a 20 plus year old Carrier unit that was seer 9. I l,ive in Knoxville TN(thought that might help understand weather conditions). I read many reviews and was told by my install guy the same thing that most of the pros have stated. Each unit uses the same parts just different names. The system is very quiet, standing at window where unit is right underneath and can barely hear it. Inside unit is very quiet as well. It is suppose to get into 20s tonight, so we will see. Day one very satisfied!! Will update as time goes on.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: M. Beal
Location: Newberg Oregon

"Buying and owning substandered equipment"
I had a 2 ton Goodman heat pump installed about 3 yrs ago and wish I have never bought it. The heat that comes out of the vents in the house is between cool and warm even though it will heat up my house given enough time. The a/c works very well though. The heat pump makes such a loud buzzing sound that I have to shut down the unit to enjoy being outside. I have called Goodman and they just tell me to call the local heating co. in my area. I did so and they say that it is working right. They told me to get a hold of Goodman about the buzzing problem. So I emailed them back and never heard from them again. I would have paid 2 to 3 times as mutch for a system I enjoyed and didn't hear. I might be replacing the whole system and it won't be with ANY Goodman products.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: David Harrison
Location: Clearwater, FL

"Just plain junk"
Had a new Goodman heat pump installed last year. After six months the unit failed. The repair man said the evaporator coil was leaking Freon. He said it needed to be replaced. He did at a cost of $300.00 to me. A year later, same problem, again new evaporator coil. Another $350.00 and I was without air for six days because of the back order of parts due to excessive warranty claims. This past week, units out again. Looking for another system, anything by Goodman trash. Anyone who buys Goodman, beware you get what you pay for. Good money, crap unit.

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: T.Randall

"BAD-MAN"
I've had lots of repairs on my 2-ton Goodman too, but even when it operates fine, it's NOISY. Honestly, even my neighbor asked if something was wrong with it. It wakes me up at night.

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: C Warren
Location: Northern, VA

"RAHomes use Goodman"
Watched our neighbor's Goodman heat pump receive a major repair on (you guessed it) a scroll compressor. Two HVAC repairmen took 2.5 to 3 hrs to remove the old compressor (which is less than 3-yrs old), then install a brand new Copeland scroll compressor, plus recharge it with INEOS Fluor. My guess is $100 per hr for the HVAC guys or approximately $300 plus $100 probably for first visit. In our former home, we had a Trane heat pump installed with no issues in the 10+ years there.

<< Previous23456789101112131415161718192021Next >>