Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about GOODMAN heat pumps

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2014-06-15 Name: Faithfulgalme
Location: T-Town, AL

"NO! Repair yearly"
My home (90 years old) was renovated starting in 2008, I viewed and had it inspected Nov 2009. I moved in Jan 2010. The unit is a 13 seer and was probably a sell-off/end of line model. Since fall 2010 (end of summer) it has been repaired every year. At $85 a visit plus repair cost, no less than $160 for a proper repair, including very expensive old type freon (several hundred dollars for that). Last Nov. I tried a new company, recommended by a friend. Well, it worked fine for about 6 weeks. The weather got bad and the inside temperature didn't do what it usually did. So, based on the "new" repair company's messy job on my gas fireplaces, I figured the problem was the repair. I was 1/2 right. I must have been low on freon (if not out), the repair company missed this; thus, the fan motor got overworked and my bill from December to April got as high as $800-1100. yup! The most expensive maintenance/repair in my home is the goodman. I've added metal roofing to the front and back porches ($1400), fixed a cast iron pipe with a sewer blockage ($700), replaced 7 six-foot windows (less than $8000 for high-end brand). Nothing compares to the stress and continual repair needs of the goodman! The problem with the unit: fan motor out, coil leaking and low freon, $2500+ to repair. I'm researching replacement brands

Date created: 2014-04-09 Name: Judy Note
Location: Pennsylvania

"I URGE YOU AVOID GOODMAN"
3 year after installation this 16 seer professionally installed heat pump has had 6 parts replaced and still will not work correctly. It's been nothing but a headache, never had a month yet where we didn't have a huge electric bill because it won't work with digital +1-1 thermostats. They replaced and moved three different models of Honeywell thermostats. It absolutely will not run without emergency heat on even if the outside temp is above 50. We had a York previously with zero issues until it died at 20 years old. I urge anyone looking for a heat pump to stay away from Goodman. Their customer service reps are not kind and they have hidden rules for the ten year warranty. It's not a good company or product.

Date created: 2014-01-24 Name: Todd Clodfelter
Location: NC

"BAD AS IT GETS"
13 years, orig owner serviced twice a year, fixed/replaced parts twice a year.

Date created: 2014-01-11 Name: R. Falk
Location: Austin, Tx

"Owner"
Have three Goodman units at different properties. They range in age from 3 to 8 years. Rock solid performance! I have had no major issues only two small ones: a Fan blade came loose and a contactor wire needed reattaching. I don't understand all the negatives. Looking to install another Goodman heat pump in a property I just bought.

Date created: 2013-11-17 Name: Don Falo

"Desperate For A Solution"
Our compressor went bad and we had it replaced. A few days after it was installed, it started making a lot of noise when it would start to run. We called our furnace guy and told him and he came to look at it and said there was nothing wrong. I then preceded to tell him when we first got the heat pump when it would start to run, it only made a whooshing sound. He still insisted that it was fine. The noise is now getting louder and our neighbors have complained because it is on the side of the house their bedroom window is. I cannot blame them because it is driving us crazy also. We then took it one step further and emailed Goodman and told them our situation. We never heard anything from them. Desperate for some kind of solution.

Date created: 2013-09-20 Name: Vic Lewis
Location: N. Chesterfield, VA

"Proper Installation is the Key"
I am an HVAC contractor in the business for over 35 years. I have been installing Goodman for the past 15+ years. I have only had problems with one unit that I installed and Goodman replaced that unit with no problems. I have found that Goodman has excellent units at most reasonable prices. Their parts and labor warranties are 10 years. Customers must register their new units with Goodman to get this warranty. Also, the cost of the labor warranty is much better (cheaper) than the big brand companies. If installed correctly, such as proper line sizing, wire sizing, supply and return duct sizing, proper control setup, proper evacuation, will ensure that the unit will operate efficiently with no problems. 95%+ of the time, problems are caused by improper installation. I highly recommend Goodman units. And, on those rare occasions that a problem does occur beyond your warranty, parts are less expensive than most name brand units (and perhaps some off-brand units). Proper maintenance on a regular basis, such as filter changes, coil cleaning, drain lines blown out will go a long way to a trouble free system.

Date created: 2013-08-23 Name: Rodney Michael Thornhill
Location: Martinsville

"I Love Goodman"
I am an HVAC/R Tech/Installer. I take pride in my work. If you get a bad installer you will have problems. The new R410a unit must be installed using dry nitrogen while brazing the copper lines together. So many half-ass installers don't do this. This prevents black partials from building up in the lines. If that happens, the TXV's will clog up. What this means is, they will need to be replaced. These valves are bolt on and if they were removed and not reinstalled properly then yes, you will have leaks. However, the same goes for any brand. All units have the same internal parts.

Date created: 2013-07-10 Name: Elaine Burnette
Location: halifax, VA

"Nothing But Trouble"
Our Goodman heat pump was purchased in 2009 and in less than 4 years, we have had 4 parts replaced and maintenance 6-8 times. This has cost us quite a bit of money to pay the maintenance fees. The parts are under warranty, but not maintenance charges.

Date created: 2013-05-01 Name: happy goodman customer
Location: glendale

"Labor Warranty"
Its funny that all these reviews not 1 of them have labor warranty . I have a GPH1448h41, this is a 14 seer 4 ton heat-pump. I have 10 years all parts and 10 years labor so for 10 years I have nothing to worry about. It sounds like some people need to step up their game and not expect the manufacturer to do this for you.

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: dennis

"my goodman is great"
I am HVAC tech/installer ... I have a 3 ton Goodman heat pump with a hydraulic coil installed two years ago and has never skipped a beat. People have to realize its 410a not r22 anymore and many more precautions have to be taken during installation. all my units installed air leak tested at 400psi for 24 hours and are brought to a vacuum under 400 microns. No complaints if its done right.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>