Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of FRIGIDAIRE heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about FRIGIDAIRE heat pumps

Date created: 2012-05-28 Name: John
Location: N.C.

"Heating contractor"
I have been in the hvac industry for 25 years. Have been a contractor for 15 years. I know all equipment has problems. This is one of the worst pieces of equipment I have ever sold. I became a dealer in 2008 and dropped all Nordyne brands of equipment in 2009. Even our distributer dropped this brand due to massive warranty claims and loss of customers. I Have replaced numerious systems for my customers out of my pocket because of the amount of failures on this equipment. Problems were not due to installers but due to equipment's poor quality.

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: Andrew Richards
Location: 2506 Darwin Avenue Sarasota Fl 34239

"Frigidaire / Nordine"
I purchased a new central air and heat system from Consolidated Air Conditioning of Sarasota Florida on November 16th of 2009 for the amount of $5,220.00. Since the purchase I have had all the recommended service calls. I have had nothing but problems with the unit and the Consolidated people tell me that it is because of the cheap Chinese parts used by the company. Now they tell me that the entire coil in the house is leaking and has to be replaced and that the labor will be expensive. This unit is only two years old and I am ill and living on a very limited fixed income. Recently they came and added 3 pounds of refrigerant at a cost of $259,00 to me without even bringing a leak detector to check for leaks first. The next day they brought the leak detector and said I need a new coil and will have to pay labor and also for more refrigerant. It is over 80 degrees in my house. I have a severely compromised immune system and this is very bad for me. This system should have lasted more than two years. I still over 3 thousand dollars of the unit and it's only 2 years old. I don't know what to do. This is not the first problem with this unit that resulted in costs to me. Please help. Consolidated ac is not returning my call. Thank You Andy R.

Date created: 2011-12-27 Name: PAUL MYERS
Location: DUNCANNON PA

"HEAT PUMP"
This is junk, I had a Carrier for 27 years before I had to have any repairs. This thing had to replaced before the first year was up. The repair man has been here so much I know his first name. He's here again today because the coil is out and it is only 2 years old. Frigidaire should be in jail for selling this junk.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Name: Victor D.
Location: Sacramento, CA

"4 Ton Frigidaire died quickly"
My Frigidaire took a dump after only 8 months. I checked out the hvac installer on the California Contractors licensing website and he was in good standing. After the initial installed a valve failed about 6 months into the thing, the 2 months later the coil started to leak. Lost $600.00 in freon, and now I am fighting with the installing for a refund. These units are JUNK...!!! Plain and simple, my Goodman lasted 30 years, not 8 months.

Date created: 2011-10-06 Name: M. Dash
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

"Very disappointed"
The Frigidaire ET4BD-036K unit was purchased for $6535 in March 2009. We figured we were all set for the duration. We've spent $600.00 in repairs, and because we have a service contract our installer is as unhappy as we are. Now we need the third compressor. Nordyne isn't the least interested in helping. I guess we're all in the clutches of the Great American corporate world. In other words screw the consumer. We have trusted Frigidaire, but certainly no longer. Don't buy this unit!!

Date created: 2011-09-22 Name: D. Link
Location: cambridge, oh

"don't buy frigidaire"
Bought and had it installed June 2008. Wasn't heating properly in 2009. Technician found freon leak by tightening a nut inside the compressor area. Now there is another freon leak around the service valve, suction side. Frigidaire FT4BD-048K paid for the first leak, not the second one. Lemon, lemon etc.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: B ELLIS
Location: CLINTON,TN

"FRIGIDARE SAVED ME $$$"
We had a new Frigidaire FT4BE-042K heat pump installed early last year. Contractor recommended this model FT4BE-042K because it qualified for a energy tax credit. It has saved us approximately 30% on our monthly energy bills and has made our home feel more comfortable due to that fact it has a 2 stage compressor and can de-humidify as well as cool the home. In the winter it heats well and the air feels very warm compared to our old heat pump, overall we are extremely pleased with frigidaire and the warranty of 10 years just adds more peace of mind.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Marshall d
Location: Northern va

"Great, Comfort comfort"
The only better thing than the price is how comfortable my home has been. Humidity is no longer an issue. Quite quite all I can say. Great guys who installed it. Small Solutions LLC I would recommend then to any body.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: W. Holsman
Location: Central, Iowa

"Bad Product"
Bought heat pump air handler system in June 2008. Had to have it serviced by another installer in October 2008. Heat pump failed spring 2009 and was replaced. Problem with unit again fall 2009. Reversing valve replaced 2010 (was not the problem). Unit hasn't worked since March and now they are saying needs new compressor. Warranty only covers parts, no labor. This product and the accompanying warranty are terrible. Do NOT buy Frigidaire.

Date created: 2011-03-30 Name: J rogers
Location: Murray Ky

"Mrs"
We bought this five year old house it like new but the heat pump NOISE is driving me mad ! I can not sleep for it. We have put in a new motor in one compressor and have added a back up gas unit . The noise is so loud iam going crazy. We are only here on weekends ,what will we do when we retire in June? I stay cold all the time too. No I would not buy a Frigaire heat pump.