Consumer Reviews of FEDDERS heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about FEDDERS heat pumps

Date created: 2012-02-21 Name: Paul
Location: Western North Carolina

"Not worth the money"
The unit worked for about 2yrs. until Jan 2012 compressor went out and the repair would have been $1400 for new freon, which was r22 the r410 is now the only way to go. Beware if your unit goes out freon r22 is out of sight, in my view stay away from Fedders unless the new r410 are improved.

Date created: 2011-10-19 Name: vadia rusu
Location: middleburg,FL

"I bought a Fedders ac/heat pump unit"
I bought a Fedders ch24acd1vf ac/heat pump unit and I was in need for some heating strips. I called the factory and nobody was able to sell me the part that I need. Is about the eec10b1. I am still looking for it.

Date created: 2011-05-10 Name: MP
Location: KC, MO

"DONT BUY FEDDERS"
Bought this unit complete last year in april 2010, in august 2010 problems started to arise. in had 3 different service guys look at it and contacted seller to replace unit but was told no, that parts were only under warrenty. had to run emergency heat all winter because het pump would not work. In janurary I called the selling company again and still didnt get any satisfaction so I called airwell-fedders and was told more or less tough shit they would only replace parts. so after $1300 and new parts it still dont work, had to purchace a new different brand unit. Filed complaint with bbb and ag to get my money back. I would not recomment this brand to anyone.

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: Le Nell Brown
Location: Cleveland, MS

"So Far So Good"
Just buil a new home. Bought a Fedders Air-Handler and Heat Pump, and just start using three weeks ago. Was skeptical at first about the purchase of this brand. So far, it has worked well.

Date created: 2008-07-13 Name: B.Homberger
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

"fetter heat pump"
A little noisy at first but A/C and heat works like a charm.

Date created: 2007-04-04 Name: Nate Smith
Location: Chesapeake,Va. unit location cape charles Va

we have installed 90 fedders air handlers with heatpumps. All of the condos that have been sold have had many service calls for noise and no ac or heat.The blower motors and wheels shake the poorly constructed air handlers to death. This is not the only problem when the blower wheels come apart they rip the heater kit to pieces and short out all of the controls and trip the breaker. Our company has already brought this info to Stephen Jaczun regional sales manager.We are now awaiting Fedders solution to the problem.Installing new blower wheels,motors,and blower assembleys doesn't seem to fix this problem. After doing so we are normally called back out within days. Most of these wheels,motors,and assembleys have been changed atleast 5 to 10 times already. Maybe this suggest that there is a design issue with your units.A36B1X airhandlers.These are not the only problems we have had;bad compressers, bad TXV's,bad outdoor fan motors and blades.