Consumer Reviews of Everest heat pumps

1 of 5 stars 1 review

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Date created: 2013-07-26 Name: J. Sotory
Location: wind Gap, PA

"ASZ13030 and ARUF 30C14B heat pump unit"
3 weeks ago, Everest heat pump unit was installed and since that time repeatedly I have to call the service. The ac compressor starts up like a tractor and getting louder as the day goes by. Service installed a "start up" optional kit that did not help either. Today I had 2 service man show up from the service company who is promoting Goodman-Everest units. I spent almost five thousand on this new system and the ac kicks in like an old tractor. If this problem is not taken care, then I am out of the 5 thousand had have to live with the noise level that kicks up to 78 decimal each time. And heating season not starts till November. I can see that this unit will be a headache nothing else. Do not recommend this brand to anyone. Goodman claims that the unit has 10 year parts warranty that looks good on papers but so far, I have the same compressor making the loud noise that can be heard behind closed doors and windows. Now waiting for the explanation from the service people who are in contact with Goodman representative. I hope I don't have to wait till years. Anyway, please do not invest your money in this brand. Update: This is additional to my posting before: I am still waiting for the Edwin Stipe, Inc. to call me back if the noise problem will be resolved with the heat pump system that was installed on 7/3/2013. No response from either company. I do not recommend this system to anyone. Too noisy and there is no good night sleep anymore in my house due to the compressor noise. My money was wasted close to $5,000.00.