Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Daikin heat pumps

Read more about Daikin heat pumps

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: Daikin Hater
Location: ME

"Professional Fed up with Daikin"
I have been very unhappy with Daikin. They have some real problems that they refuse to address. If you have a problem with your equipment, throw it in the trash. It can not be repaired, unless you don't mind spending more than it's worth. They have a high turnover in the complaint department and are very rude and disrespectful. The general feel I get from doing business with them is that they are shady. I will not sell one more single piece of this garbage. Any other brand is just as good.

Date created: 2013-04-11 Name: Richard McLaren
Location: naturalenergy@thenaturalenergycompany.co.uk

"Daikin Altherma"
We have had the Altherma in our property for 6 and half years. As reliable as our previous Valiant gas boiler - it never caused any problems to us, even the time during 2010 Scottish winter. More efficient, saves money on energy bills. We have had a very good experience with the system. Make sure that you will get a good installer who knows exactly how to design the system.

Date created: 2012-06-27 Name: J Pate
Location: Dallas, Texas USA

"VRVS 3 & 4 ton system with 5 internal units."
Have 3 ton and 4 ton vrvs outside units. 5 internal units. In 4 years have spent over $5000 for repairs. I'm considering taking the whole system out and replacing it with a Trane or Lennox heat pump. System sound high tech, but it's not reliable in my case. I like it when it works.

Date created: 2012-02-11 Name: K.Smith
Location: UK

"ok until it snows"
For the 3rd year running this air sourced heating system has let me down. Currently saturday in a very cold house, its -14 outside. The system does not cope well with the subzero temperatures. And I will now be without heating until the temperatures rise......not anytime soon!

Date created: 2011-09-13 Name: Micheal Li
Location: Xicheng Industry Zone, Renhe Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou, P

"Heat pump - more energy-saving way heating your house"
We are heat pumps manufacturer more than 10 years. Most products are export to Europe with high quality and reasonable price. HISEER heat pumps adopt World famous parts made by Hitachi or Daikin; Siemens; SWEP; Honeywell; Emerson; Schneider etc. Our heat pump have CE and TUV efficiency certification, designed and tested by European standard en14511. If you have any requirements, please contact me freely, All your inquiry will be replied in 24 hours.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: A.Smirth
Location: Central

"Daikin Unit Very Over Rated"
After reading numerous reviews for daikin heat pumps , I decided to purchase one. The reviews were good for the most part. My Opinion is that they are grossly overpriced, and do not seem any different from the other brand names I priced (other than the ungodly looking daikin indoor unit). My recomendation to you if you are in the heat pump market is to find an installer you have confidence in, because if the unit is not installed properly, no matter what the brand name it will be nothing but problems.

Date created: 2010-08-18 Name: Jack Murphy
Location: Ireland

"Daikin Altherma"
I have owned a Daikin Heat pump for over a year now, It provides plenty of Hot water and has not caused any issues over the winter, I had some concerns due to reports I had heard when trying to choose a heat pump but even during last winter when it was very cold the house was warm and the bills were much lower than the oil I bought the year before, Even with the cold weather!! Its a good investment compared to the oil boiler I had. I left the boiler in place as i was nervous of the system but have yet to turn it on!!!! Would recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2010-06-11 Name: Heather Smith

"daikin altherma air source heat pump"
The pump was intended for both domestic hot water and space heating. The system is designed to provide a maximum temp of 50 degrees C. Beyond that, a very expensive booster system kicks in. This is adequate for domestic hot water. It is totally inadequate to achieve a room temp of, say, 25 degrees C, especially with sub-zero temps outside. The whole system won't work adequately at outside temps of below, say minus 5. In addition, it can't be turned off, for example if you are leaving the house for, say, 4 weeks in the middle winter (or the compressor coil freezes!). I am extremely sorry I bought this unit.