Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2012-07-31 Name: H. Gray
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Review of model BAUZ-FO42AA"
Rooftop mounted, 13 seer, r410a packaged heat pump installed 07/06. 08/09 fan circuit board burned out. Paid $80.00 service fee only. 08/10 hail demaged coil severely. Replacing unit with a Coleman upgrade 08/12. Unit runs cold even with demage. Average daily temperatures from June to September of past six years has been 108*F. Unit was reliable and fairly efficient.

Date created: 2012-06-05 Name: Gregory Casper
Location: omaha,Nebr

"Won't do this again"
I have also had a problem with this Coleman heat pump. This is was my fourth unit. Now I'm installing a new unit but different brand. I will not buy Coleman again. Thought the name would mean something, but I was wrong.

Date created: 2012-03-29 Name: D.Gore
Location: Lakeland, FL

"York 3.5 Ton Heat Pump, EV Coils Leak"
Unit lasted 3 years and Evaporator Coil leaked out Freon. 5 Year parts warranty and $400 labor later it worked for 3 more years until the Evaporator coil replaced started leaking again but smaller leaks. Now past 5 years part is out of warranty. New Coil cost $800 and labor is extra. These units last about 3 years. I had the man put in 3 pounds of freon($150) Stop leak ($150) + $100 service and he says the result is 50/50. He says he has had a lot of trouble coils leaking. Mfgs are making bad coils on purpose. York was in Mexico and is now back in usa and has 10 yr warranty. Will not buy.

Date created: 2012-03-12 Name: L Bennett
Location: Hatboro, PA

"Good Performance"
Top of the line model hc8b was installed back in December, and it's been running like a champ. I've set the balance point to 25f to minimize turning on my oil furnace / back-up heat. At 18f, the hc8b was cycling off/on with no need for oil backup = good. The hc8b features a Copeland scroll compressor. My contractor retrofitted my furnace blower with an evergreen motor = more efficient than a psc motor. I did have an issue with excessive defrost cycles. I researched this and brought it to the attention of my contractor. He promptly installed an updated defrost control board supplied by Coleman/York. Problem solved. Compared to my old = inefficient HP at equivalent outside temps, my Kwh/day consumption with this new HC8B in place is 46% less. I'm impressed. Two things that seem to make a difference with customer satisfaction: Be picky about choosing your installer/contractor, and provide detailed communication to your contractor if there is a problem. Odds are when you do that, it will be fixed quickly, and minimize contractor call-backs, = wasted time for you and the contractor.

Date created: 2011-11-29 Name: G. Jones
Location: Ghent,WV

"TOTAL JUNK!!!"
This Coleman heat pump has been a total junk! I have had the compressor replaced twice in 2 years. Vibration caused a hole in the coils. Leaking out the r22 freon. And now the reversing valve is stuck in it! The unit is now going on it's 6th year. I would not ever buy another Coleman. (The compressor was under warranty but not the coils) Looks like maybe they now warranty them for 10 years. Too little too late for me. :(

Date created: 2011-11-16 Name: Prof Fenner
Location: Portland, Oregon

"Echelon Poor Quality"
In five years, we have had more than a dozen warranty service calls! The Coleman Echelon series units have poor quality and poor maintenance. I would never buy another.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: beatrice
Location: hillsboro tx

"runs nonstop"
Don't buy this junk. It's falling apart, and noisy. Coils leaked two times already. Coleman said they would fix but I guess they forgot and never sent anyone. I wouldn't recommend this brand to better stick with coolers and lanterns.

Date created: 2011-09-20 Name: tina g
Location: new orleans la.

"sucks"
Bought top of the line 18 seer Coleman heatpump. I am very unsatisfied. The units paint is peeling off runs constantly. Called contractor today and now the units out of refrigerant. From what I read coils are leaking. I paid 12000$ for this and my ruud unit I had ran with no service calls for 10 years should have put same brand in not this Coleman Echelon ...

Date created: 2011-09-03 Name: Linda Bodnar
Location: Montreal, Canada

"no service support."
We had a Coleman heat pump installed in 2004. Had to have the compressor changed after a few months of installation, and now once again it has broken down. Our dilemma is getting the service company to come and repair it. The first time it took weeks to have it looked at and repaired, and that was during a severe heat wave, and once again we feel like we are sitting ducks. Our servicing company is hydro comfort, in Montreal Canada. The most unreliable people I have ever come across. They promised us 2-3 days for a technician to call, no one has called yet and it's going on over a week. We called them back, and left a message, no one has yet gotten back to us. The exact same situation as the last time around. If anyone from the Coleman Corporation is reading this, the companies you hire for servicing, this one in particular, are ruining the reputation of the Coleman name. Because of this situation, I would not recommend anyone purchasing a Coleman heat pumps, for lack of service support, and also lack of confidence in the product itself, especially when it is brand new, and their is a problem with the unit, where it needs to be serviced, during our purchase back in 2004.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Spokane, WA

"Coleman Heat Pump Provides Excellent Cooling and Heating"
I have owned my heat pump for approximately six years. I like that it cools the house down quickly and is not overly expensive to heat and cool my home in all months of the year. Another one of the things I enjoy is that it provides an even heat throughout the winter. Another benefit to my heat pump is that it is environmentally friendly and doesn't emit hazardous gases or fumes in order to provide air conditioning or heat to my home. One of the things that I don't like about it is that it is a loud machine. I don't enjoy that when it turns on it creaks and squeals. It is just too loud. I have never had to replace anything on my heat pump as of yet. I would recommend this heat pump to anyone that would like a quality product to heat and cool their home. I cannot say anything bad about this heat pump because it an excellent product that has served my family and I well over the last six years. It has also made me feel that I am helping the environment in some way. I think this is an excellent product that will continue to provide quality heat and air conditioning.