Consumer Reviews of Coleman heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about Coleman heat pumps

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: Phyllis Denison
Location: Tucson, AZ

"Unique Heating and Cooling, excellent company, excellent product"
One year ago, Aug. 18, 2013, we were faced with replacing an 11 year old Intertherm furnace which had dropped all of the insulation from the back. Our contractor, Gilbert Cardonas, owner of Unique Heating and & Cooling company, recommended that we go with a Coleman package unit since we live in a manufactured home. We have been dealing with Gilbert and the company since 2007. The company we work for, Harris Moble Home Sales, has also used this company since it's inception in 1984. We refer this company to our clients with no complaints. We had Gilbert install our 4 ton, 13 seer heat pump and from the first day had true comfort in our home. Instead of the temperature ups and downs with a furnace/ac combo, the temperature we set is where the home stayed. In addition, our electric bills went down both winter and summer. We live in Tucson, AZ, where the summer monsoon season brings triple digit temperatures along with humidity. The unit has kept our home comfortable while the bills are about 10% lower than the same time and temperatures as last year. This company is excellent and so is the unit they installed. Would recommend both!

Date created: 2014-08-22 Name: Jon Pauley
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC

"Good quiet heat pump"
The compressor in our last unit had picked up an harmonic that caused the outside unit to rattle where it could be heard at the end of the block. I decided to change it and found the Coleman unit to run quietly and keep the house very comfortable. The $295 for 10 years parts and labor coverage seemed as cheap insurance. I am hoping that it won't be needed, but the Ruud that it replaced needed a compressor and although the compressor was covered the labor was going to be greater than $500. Although I would liked to have waited a year or two before giving a raving review of the Coleman system. I have had an excellent experience with RS Mechanical of Garner, NC and would recommend them to any one who is looking to have a unit replaced in central NC.

Date created: 2014-07-20 Name: D. Petitt

"Double wide manufactured homes"
A person installing a new Heat Pump in a manufactured homes needs to do some research into the differences in the equipment installed in them over the stick built homes. Not every dealer knows the difference and will be willing to sell you equipment that is not as compatible or efficient for the future. I had a Coleman 3.5 ton 13 seer Heat Pump installed an a double wide. I like its similarity to what the home manufacturer installed.

Date created: 2014-07-17 Name: DANA FRYMAN
Location: Batesville, AR

"WARRANTY"
Unit would be nicer if it would have lasted without repairs for more than two years. It does not keep the back of the house cool, but it came with the house and the contractor said it was a good unit.

Date created: 2014-07-01 Name: P Swift
Location: Medford

"33 years of service and counting!!!!!!"
We had our Coleman heat pump installed June 27 1981 and we are still heating and cooling with it. If my math is right that is 33 years. We have been very happy with our Coleman heat pump and are hoping to get another 10 to 15 years out of it.

Date created: 2014-02-13 Name: P. Jump
Location: Sevierville, TN

"Wish I hadn't bought"
I bought this heat pump in March 2013 and it has been nothing but a headache. It has not worked right ever. Getting my heat and air guy puts off coming to fix it and he has and he does somethings and still doesn't work. I put it in to help me save on my electricity - It helped the electric company because my electricity bill doubled and more. This has been a bad winter - no heat means pipes freeze, pipes starting to thaw, pipes burst. I have had to replace most of the pipes in my house. I build a box around my well pump and had a vent put in there so no frozen well - guess what frozen well. More pipes to freeze. Yes I tried to keep my water running but no heat pipes freeze anyway. Finally the Heat and Air company, and my threats came and put in another one. Guess what it is still not working. I am so upset and really wish I had listened to others and not trust Coleman this time. Who would have thought that pumps would be this bad. I would like to trust Coleman, but how since I only had major problems with it. Oh, by the way - My thermostat is set at 76 degrees, but now my house temp is 56 degrees in the house. So what now! Would I buy the same brand again? Would you?

Date created: 2014-02-06 Name: Lily
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"VERY DISAPPOINTED"
This is to the people who say that poor installation is the problem. Although I do agree that poor installation causes many problems, but Coleman is also responsible for that. If you entrust your brand to anyone, expect people to blame you if the system goes down. My parents had their Coleman system installed 4 years ago and during the worst winter we've had since they bought the system, it fails. This year is the first year that is has been consistently cold from the start. Yes the system was running a lot this winter but they did not purchase a "top of the line" system for when it's 60 degrees outside. Now we have to pay for shipping of the product and labor. If my parents didn't spend a ton of money for the system and to have it installed, I wouldn't be so upset. They didn't go cheap, they never do when it comes to their house. I'm sorry for the person who lost their job because of bad Coleman reviews. But please, please do not blame us when we are putting out hundreds and even thousands of dollars to get a brand new or fairly new system repaired. Coleman is allowing anyone to install their products yet they do not want to take any responsibility for labor which is usually the most expensive part of repairs. In the end, it is their product and they should take some responsibility.

Date created: 2014-01-18 Name: Jeffrey Samples
Location: Kalama, WA

"No Problems with my Coleman"
Purchased 6 years ago. Power went down $50 (.05/kw budget bill was $171 per month). Ac uses less power than Neptune dryer. If < 30 degrees snow catches in grill, spray with deicer (glycerin) to stop ice build up. Outside box is real quiet compared to other neighbors cheap units. If in colder area you need gas for inside coils use a lot of power and gets expensive. Replaced Carrier for Coleman due to space. No regrets. Having good HVAC techs with maintenance contract (entek) makes for reliability all the time.

Date created: 2013-11-14 Name: S. Koepper
Location: Gatineau, Quebec

"Ready For The Scrap Yard"
Should never have replaced our 20-year old reliable Ruud thermopompe with this piece of scrap. Was convinced Coleman was the top-of-the-line. After one year, the compressor needed replacement. Now at 4 years old, it operates and sounds like a refurbished piece of garbage. Do not buy a Coleman!!!!

Date created: 2013-09-29 Name: J
Location: Sc

"Ease of Installation"
I'm a contractor in South Carolina. I'm here to tell you I have flip-flopped around with various brands but I am sticking with this one. Name recognition, high quality, awesome tech support, ease of installation, and the best extended warranty on the market by far. My employees love installing them and all of my customers are pleased with this product. My advice?? Hire a competent contractor and get the comfort plan!