Consumer Reviews of ARMSTRONG heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about ARMSTRONG heat pumps

Date created: 2010-05-19 Name: Richard Thompson

"Arnstrong HeatPump/Airconditioner"
I have gone through two winters with this heat pump. It has not worked and is still not working after 17 months. The installer has spent hours trying to fix one problem after another. Replacing one part after another. Repairs last days, then no heat pump again.

Date created: 2010-05-15 Name: Wayne Medlin

"JUNK"
Bought this unit June 2008. Existing unit went out after 10 years, not repairable. Armstrong was the only available unit on Friday afternoon. After 14 months of service, compressor failed. Compressor was covered under warranty had to pay labor and freon for a total of $888.00. Three months later, fan goes out so I have to pay labor again. It has had several leaks that cost me even more. Now, it sets outside and know one knows what the problem with it is.

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: Ja

"armstrong"
I have installed an Armstrong since 1995 and was satisfied until 2006 when they changed styles and went to the 410a version. We used it until 2008 and decided we had enough. Every unit we installed from 2006-2008 has been worked on constantly, and my customers are highly pissed over it, rightly deserved. When I call for tech support, I get no help at all from Armstrong. This has led me to use other brands now. I hear Armstrong is feeling the lack of business from dealers like myself shifting their business elsewhere. So beware. Don't get stuck with an Armstrong air, Airease and Ducane product.

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Loper125

"Yet Another UNHAPPy customer"
Installed heat pump on new house three years ago. Leak in coolant, installer said it was a manufacture defect and should be covered under warranty. Well, needless to say, I got a bill because Armstrong would not back their work!! I guess how can you blame them. They must know something we don't... If they won't back it, why should the consumer trust them? This will be the last Armstrong unit I will own.

Date created: 2010-02-02 Name: K. Miller

"K. Miller"
We have had nothing but one problem after another with our unit. It's been completely rebuilt over the last 4 1/2 years. We have gotten a lemon and Armstrong does not return calls to hear our complaints. Very poor customer service and product. Do not purchase an Armstrong heat pump. We are replacing ours with an American Standard.

Date created: 2010-01-26 Name: Richard Thompson

"Armstrong"
Model: 4shp16lt Series Split System Heat Pump Unit has failed 6 times in 12 months. Make that 7 times in 13 months. It has failed again, and again. I am running on auxilliary heat. Control board failures, mechanical failures, switching valve failures. The control on the exchanger in the duct has failed. Unit compressor operation has become very loud. If I lived in the city or an urban area, I would not be allowed to run it at night. We often switch to auxilliary heat at night anyway so we can sleep. The system had been a constant aggravation.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: R. Rookstool
Location: NC

"Heat Pump Model shp13h36"
I live in NC and changed my heating system from electric baseboard to the Armstrong Heat Pump. I have 1800 sq.ft. This heat pump has done an excellent job in both heating and air conditioning my home. I would recommend this unit.

Date created: 2009-08-15 Name: G Kelly

"Great job"
Only had one bad thing out side unit fan rusted from salt air from the Gulf on one side and the Bay on other. 10 seer the air at the vents 20degres cooler than out side air 90 to 100 all summer long.

Date created: 2009-07-20 Name: W.WILLIAMSON

"MY 18 SEER HEAT PUMP"
My story, im a contractor in the hvac buisness I thought for the longest time why anyone in the north west indiana area would by a heat pump my sales rep kept telling me to try and sell them I said absolutely not they are not needed in this area and i'm not going to rip anyone one off so he tells me a couple months later I can get you one to try out, price reduced a little for my own home "nothing much" to try it out and see if I like it maybe then I would sell it well he was right i'm saving a ton of money on my bills and hardly use my furnace its a big price to purchase but no repairs unlike other brands and a great warranty I do sell heat pumps now and im getting a better name for it as well

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: Kathy M.

"Armstrong Heat Pump"
I built my home 71/2 years ago and had an Armstrong heat pump model # shp10c42a6 installed. It has been nothing but problems! Compressor and leaking coolant constantly. Would not reccomend this unit!! The leaks get fixed and more show up the next year.