Consumer Reviews of American Standard heat pumps

Read more about American Standard heat pumps

Date created: 2010-02-03 Name: Mike

"American Standard 16SEER Heat pump"
American Standard Heritage 16seer 3ton heat pump, 95% 2stage variable speed gas furnace backup. Excellent system, pretty quiet and efficient. Replaced a 4 year old noisy York system. An HVAC system is only as good as the installation. A good system installed poorly results in poor performance!!! Get referrals!!! I would recommend American Standard to anyone. FYI American Standard and Trane are the same company.

Date created: 2010-01-26 Name: S. Clark

"Big Problems"
Eversince we brought this unit, we have had 4 service calls. Duncan Heating & AC responded to these calls under warranty. This last call drove our utility bill up (normal winter bill approx.$200.00) to 374.00, caused by a freon leak. A freon leak that the service man says will cost us 250.00 to fix. Is this unit old enough to warrant 4 service calls and a leak? This is a 13 Seer unit.

Date created: 2010-01-26 Name: Jo Payne

"american standard heat pump"
Not heating right. Supposed to be more efficient than my old Trane furnace which was a heat pump. Have it running from furnace, then the heat pump works when it gets warmer. Put an outside sensor on it. Said this was suppose to be better, but to me it is still cold at 70 degrees.

Date created: 2010-01-20 Name: Teresa

"Replaced Rheem with American Standard"
Just got an American Standard 3.0 ton Heritage 20 split heat pump 1-19- 2010 after our 3 1/2 year old Rheem stopped working. We did not even try to have the Rheem fixed. We were just sick of this piece of junk. Too early to tell about our new system, American Standard 3.0 ton Heritage split heat pump but I'll let you know in a few months. So far, it's really a lot better than what we had and I love the quietness of our new system. We were thinking on getting the AccuClean air cleaner later on. Has anyone got that with this system? If so, how do you like it?

Date created: 2010-01-13 Name: Annette

"Home Owner"
We have a 3 ton and a 4 ton unit for our home on separate sides of the house. After 19 years in our home, we have now installed 2 inside air handler systems on each side and 4 condenser/compressor units each on the outside. The newest units for both sides of the house were purchased within the last 6 months and are American Standard. I was without any heat over New Year's and had this resolved last week. However, I am also like another reviewer wrote, very unhappy about the heat strips coming on at 40 degrees. My other brands did not do this since we live in a farming community - it gets about 15 degrees colder than in the city. My unit seems to constantly be on auxillary heat even if it is not 40 degrees. Had I known this fact, I would never have purchased this brand and if the matter does not clear up, I also will seek a lawyer, get my money back and go with another brand. So far we have had Ruud, Carrier and Goodman and now American Standard. I don't think any of them are worth the money you pay for them.

Date created: 2010-01-09 Name: L. Schoch

"why is it so loud? Loud is an understatement"
I have had heat pumps most of my life and never heard one with this much noise. I live in a condo community, and I just had it installed yesterday. If I had know this before purchase, I would have bought another brand. As far as the heating and cooling, I am satisfied.

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: Patrick Gilliam

"american standard is worth it"
Me and my wife bought 2 American standard heat pumps and we are very satisfied with them.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Todd Meise

"Heritage 13 Heat Pump"
Runs very quietly and efficiently. Good warranty. We have had no problems to date. The heat pump is part of a hybrid system that includes a gas furnace for auxilliary heat and variable speed blower.

Date created: 2009-12-31 Name: Frances Foster

"The absolute worst!!"
This unit was the third heat pump installed in the now 30 year old house I have owned since it was built. This American Standard heat pump has been nothing but trouble, since about 6 months after it was installed. I'm not sure if I got a "lemon", but I am not happy and my contractor has never seemed willing to talk with me about this "junk" and I am going to replace this unit with something else. Buyer beware!

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Debra Guerrieri
Location: Arizona

"Stay clear of American Standard"
These units do not heat well and I live in Arizona. Compressor went out in 14 months. Every year something is wrong with it. I must turn my breaker on and off every couple of days to keep it heating. My installer can't figure out the problem and support at American Standard is worthless! I also know 2 other people with similar issues and had a different installer. Stay far far away from their products!