Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Saiz

"Pain the the heat pump"
I just had an asz036 Amana heat pump installed and it broke in a week. Now they have to replace the unit.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: Tony Greene

"Amana / Goodman 15 seer Heat Pump"
I had two 15 seer Amana heat pumps installed in August of 09. Both have had problems with the reversal valve and I've had to use the "emergency" heat setting all winter due to this issue. My electric bill has been through the roof. DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO TAKE A CHANCE AND BUY AN AMANA/GOODMAN TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND GET A TRANE.

Date created: 2009-10-18 Name: Duane

"Mr."
I had an Amana 18 seer heat pump and high efficient propane furnace installed 07/29/09. I was sold on the warranty and quietness of the unit. a/c worked great, very quit. Fired up the heat pump 10/10/09 for the 1st time and the compressor locked up. I called service and they showed up in 2 hrs. I was told the compressor was junk, and they would replace the whole unit. I'm hoping it was just a fluke....

Date created: 2009-09-15 Name: D. Boyd
Location: Northwest

"Great System"
I am a electrical contractor, I have wired in many differant heat pumps for over 15 years. After seeing all that I had to choose from, I chose a Amana asz16 Heat Pump. I live in the Northwest and a/c is not that important but heating is. Amana is only average in cooling cost, but the heating is the best I could find. hspf of 9.75 is great.

Date created: 2009-08-27 Name: Powell

"18 Years"
Excellent function for 18 years without any freon or service.

Date created: 2009-08-25 Name: B. Mclean

"14 years and one mouse"
I have a Amana Heat Pump installed 14 years ago, and I have had only one problem, I had a mouse living in the heat pump. I just have it checked once a year and it runs great. I was told to start planning on buying a new one because of the age of the unit, but it runs to good to replace it yet.

Date created: 2009-08-23 Name: Hudson

"lowered by half"
I reviewed and considered all major hvac brands. We selected a High Efficiency 96% variable speed gas furnace and a heat pump it lowered our utility bills by a 1/2 and are much more comfortable than ever before. Recommend them and the dealer we used to all our friends

Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: Tom B

"rip Off Dealers!!!"
I had a another brand Unit for about 15 years, It went out on me, a friend suggested an Amana, not ever having had one, I was in doubt. They installed it and about 6 yrs later the blower motor went out. Called the installer that had gone out of business!! Called around an could not find anyone to service it, finally called a service tech guy, he charged me $800.00 for a $85.00 blower motor. I then found out about the 10 year warranty!! Bottom line- Amana- Verrrry poor service system, no techincal support direct from the company!!! Do yourself a favor n stick to a large brand company that has its own service team or you just might regret it!!! The actual heat pump is ok- Service sucks!!!!

Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: SPC Peller

"cool"
I was in Iraq when my wife told me that the heat pump went out. It was a 8 year old Trane and the compressor went out again. They wanted $3600 to replace it. I just did it two years ago. I searched on line and found Amana that had a lifetime compressor warranty. I told my wife to find a Amana dealer, she found two in the area and had one installed. She told me that when it got over 100 last week, that she was nice and cool at 70. I just wish I could get one over installed over here.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Kelly

"DO NOT BUY AN AMANA OR GOODMAN"
I moved into a house in 2006 that had a brand new Amana Heat Pump and Goodman air handler installed that same year by the previous owner. It is now 2009, and I have spent more than $1800 repairing the units with more money about to be soaked into it today (parts are covered under warranty, however labor isn't). So far, I've replaced the indoor coil and reversing valve. Today, I think the compressor is bad. If it is, I'm having the hvac company rip that piece of "you know what" out and put in a Trane.