Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2012-04-09 Name: Jeff Barnes
Location: Young Harris Ga

"Condenser fan motor went out"
Condenser fan motor went out. The contractor that installed it 5 months ago will not show up when he says then goes days without answering his phone Goodman needs to do a better job with their dealer network. Amana/Goodmans customer relations department is a joke. I spoke to 3 different reps all with the same answer no one would even let me speak to a supervisor. The motor itself is made in China and well... the quality just is not there. The unit has a 10year parts only warranty which is a joke because the labor to install most parts generally exceeds the value of the part. 5 months, come on Amana, this is pathetic. You should pay a reputable dealer to install this part and get some quality control. I have 3 other brands with no problems whatsoever.

Date created: 2012-01-12 Name: Scruffdawg
Location: Cookeville, Tn

"First Time Buyer"
We have had the unit four years now. It is a little loud in the defrosting stage. I would think that normal though. The whole thing is air movement. So make sure to get a good installer that understands the dynamics of the heat pump. One more thing. Make sure you have the proper amount of insulation for your climate.

Date created: 2012-01-12 Name: Vina
Location: Topeka Ks

"Noisy Heat Pump"
We have had this Heat Pump for one year now. It heats and cools beautifully. My complaint is that it is so loud. The cooling is not so loud, but the heating sometimes sounds like a plane is going over. With all this new technology, it is hard to believe that this heat pump should be so noisy.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Name: John W.
Location: Tennessee

"WARNING!!!!"
Warning!!!!!! This unit has had two major failures since it was installed 2 years ago, compressor and coil failed. Piece of junk! Not only is the unit junk, but, Amana / Goodman will not support it. Can't believe how we have been treated by company and their repair person. Their customer service is worthless. They talk down to you and could care less if you are having problems. Do not buy an Amana or their sister company goodman. If you do, don't say you were not warned!

Date created: 2011-10-30 Name: T. Mac
Location: oven, AZ

"18 SEER review"
I just had a complete split system Amana ASZC180601 5 ton, 2 speed 18 seer communicating heat pump installed. With their large electrostatic air cleaner and the large uv sterilizing lamp. Bought the complete system (minus uv lamp) off E-bay, brand new shipped to my door for just over $5300. The uv lamp was an additional $500. I shopped around for a custom installer. A good one that was familiar with this system. Installation, setup and ductwork mods were an additional $3175. This is where 99% of people screw up. Take the time to find the right installer. And listen to him when he tells you that something isn't right (like the ductwork in my case). The right installer is rarely the cheapest installer. But this is definitely one service where you get what you pay for, and the last place you want to be penny wise and dollar foolish. I live in Arizona. Enough said about that. This is the third HVAC setup I have had on my home over the 28 years I've lived in it. I could not be happier. You can't hear it run at all, the outdoor compressor is very quiet and the north side of the house its covering has never been cooled so well. I have a second heat pump on the south side of my home, and I will be replacing it with the exact same Amana setup early next year.

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: K. Smith
Location: Nazareth, PA

"Extremely Maintenance Intensive"
I've had this Amana Heat Pump RHF30A2A for 5 years now! I've replaced the indoor coils, compressor, txv valve, 2 reversing valves, fan motor, and fan blades!! $1000'S of dollars in labor cost!!! I will never purchase a product from Amana again!! Every internal part is made from China. The reversing valves are made in China and last about 2-3yrs before the synthetic piston seizes up! Extremely difficult to replace in the field! Amana is aware of this issue, but does nothing to address the problem!! Do not buy an Amana!!

Date created: 2011-08-24 Name: Ricky Martin
Location: Richardson, TX

"Best Energy Saver Ever"
After five years of owning this system it took one special person from my installer to correct one minor wiring problem that was driving my electric bills through the roof after it was installed. One pair of wires inside the air handler was not taped causing it to arch thus causing the emergency heat to kick on randomly. After he resolved this I am now seeing my energy savings and a really cold home here in this Texas heat wave. Thanks to "Ted at one hour a/c" he fixed what the original installers could not!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Sherrill Cook
Location: Ringgold, GA

"APH15M Heat Pump"
Heat pump leaking R-410A from installation and now condenser coil completely shut down in hottest day of summer. Goodman Mfg refuses to expedite shipping of needed parts unless customer pays. I am a senior citizen and I don't have the funds to do so. Extreme heat is effecting my health. I will never purchase Amana products again and will pass the word on how bad their products perform.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Sherrill Cook
Location: Ringgold, GA

"Worthless piece of equipment"
This unit has constant repairs since installation in 2009. Unit completely down now hottest part of summer in Georgia. I'm told I can pay $150 to expedite needed parts. I'm held hostage. I'm a senior citizen and bought this unit highly recommended. I want it replaced at no charge - its a complete lemon.

Date created: 2011-04-28 Name: H. Smith
Location: Brandon,Fl

"Cool in Brandon"
I really like the cooling aspect of my unit,and it is also very efficient.My electricity bill went down noticeably since I had this unit installed.The only issue I have is the loud start up noise that occurs frequently. Once running it is very quiet. Also, when in heat mode you occasionally get additional noises.If for not the noise issues,I would give this Amana unit an "A" rating.