Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Marie Kelley

"Furnace"
Great product! Will definitely recommend to family and friends, in fact I have already! Would buy York products again.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Veronica Bruce
Location: South Lake Tahoe

"York HVAC Serial W0G7026460"
Installed Oct 2008, Freon replaced 8/2011 $294. Valves leaking, freon gone May 2012 $844. York doesn't care, no warranty. There is a class action suit forming against york on complaints.com. please sign up if you have paid for repairs that york has ignored. York blames their units problems on the installer, they have no warranty and we need to join up and get back companies who have warranties. We can all get rid of york if we join in together, power of the people!!

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Corey
Location: Nebraska

"Excellent Equipment- MADE IN THE USA"
I have to agree with the gentlemen below. We carry a few different brands of equipment. York is our best seller largely because our customers appreciate that this product is built 100% in the usa. One plant in Wichita, ks and the other in Norman, ok. York builds a great product. That said, homeowners that are in the market for new equipment should spend more time finding a quality installation company instead of stressing over brand. Installation, Installation, Installation. It's all that matters. There are few companies that do it right and several that don'T.

Date created: 2012-04-26 Name: A Greer
Location: Eureka, CA

"Always Breaking Down. Don't Buy York"
This unit has worked for a maximum of 5-6 months before pressure switches "stick open" or "closed" Have had everything replaced and it still breaks down. First time -had no furnace for 6 weeks in the middle of winter. York offered an extended warranty but this unit has major design problems. If I could, I would remove and put it on a pallet and ship it Johnson Controls and tell them where they can put it. They should have given us a new furnace- the problem is it is made by York. Don't buy York.

Date created: 2012-04-08 Name: J. Wellington
Location: Kansas city Kansas

"Great furnace"
I Love this unit, We have owned it ten years and not on problem. Before we had a Tempstar unit and loads of problems. We are adding a addition to our house and thought I would look at the York reviews. I was shocked to see so many bad reviews but then I looked at other brands and they all have some horror story. I think we will probably still go with York because of our previous luck with this brand.

Date created: 2012-03-28 Name: Dissatisfied
Location: WA

"York High Efficiency Model"
We've had this unit since 11/08 and it repeatedly stops working. We've had no less than 10 services calls starting less than 30 days after the install when the ignitor went out. Then the blower, valves, switches, transducers and board all had to be replaced. Our installer now has said they can no longer stand behind the York product and future services calls will be billed at $140 per hour! Should never have bought this unit.

Date created: 2012-03-18 Name: Brad S.
Location: Covington, KY

"Expensive but Nice"
We just replaced our old system with a York, contractor recommended their 98 model. It's really quiet and we've had no problems. It was more than we expected but was the cheapest quote we received out of three.

Date created: 2012-02-11 Name: Brian M.
Location: Wisconsin

"20 years old and still going"
This is a 60k btu Fraser Johnston made by York. It is 20 years old. In its day it was the bmw of furnaces at 90% eff. When the burners light off it is pretty loud. The igniter glow plug went at 15 years and this past summer the main blower motor went. I replaced both itms at minimail cost. It is still going.

Date created: 2012-02-09 Name: Eddie Eubanks
Location: Yerington Nevada

"Fire Hazard"
I had a house fire June 16, 2006 and lost my house. When the house was rebuilt in 2007 they installed a York propane furnace. The wiring in the furnace has caught fire twice now, is this normal for your furnaces? The first time it was only a few months old and the 120 volt wiring at the ign card burnt the insulation off all the terminals. Repair was done under warranty. Two days ago the wiring caught fire on the door shut main switch and also melted a couple of neutral wires hanging above the switch. I don't know if this happens a lot but after losing a house to a fire it is a little unsettling. You might want to investigate this problem for your future furnaces. Thank you.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Name: S. Peterson
Location: Dayton,OH

"Dual Fuel York"
Backup to our heat pump, quiet and reliable and our energy bill is half what it used to be. Ask about dual fuel, we love it, only use furnace below freezing. Furnace is super efficient at 98 afue, whatever that means.