Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about UTICA BOILERS furnaces

Date created: 2013-12-04 Name: Ian J. Staub
Location: Franklin, Maine

"Boiler is a Lemon"
The Utica Boiler was purchased and installed in 2007 and has never worked properly. Lately over the past year three different circuit boards have been replaced, the heat valve and hot water valve have been replaced and it goes on. This boiler is very unreliable..it has broken down numerous times. Most recently we came home from the Thanksgiving holiday and the temperature in our home was 51 degrees. Our propane provider is very frustrated because every time they call Utica Tech Support, they receive conflicting information. Most recently we have been told that the wrong parts have been sent and now the boiler has mis- matched parts and will not fire up to give heat and hot water. I would never recommend this brand of Boiler to anyone.

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: Karen R.
Location: York,PA

"3 utica, 35 years old"
I have three Utica gas hot water boilers in a multi unit apartment building, that are 35 years old! They have been good furnaces and I would purchase the same brand again.

Date created: 2012-04-03 Name: Robert P Breen
Location: Falmouth Ma

"Enginering defect on Utica UB90 200 gas boilers"
I purchased a ub90 125-200 Gas Utica Boiler in early 2008. it has been a constant problem from day one. Utica or ERC International should have the good business practice (or guts) to admit and correct the mistake. I would be glad to share my complete story and details with anyone.

Date created: 2012-02-29 Name: Diane Paul
Location: cohoes,ny

"UB90-100 Series"
This is the worst product and company to ever Dealt with. They want us to pay $1,500.00 to ship there defected product back to them to examine when we have a 15 year warranty. They should be coming to us and taking care of this product. I'm telling everyone whose thinking about dealing with this company don't they are very Rude and Do Not care about you they just want to make more money off of you. They don't Honor there Warranty!! I am taking every action I can against them!!!

Date created: 2011-01-12 Name: Paul Geenen
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Failed Venting System"
I put in two Utica boiler gas fired furnaces in my rental. The vent system failed on both, with the 3 yr unit failing first, and now the 7 yr old unit failing 1/11/11. The repair man grumbled that the vent system was designed to save heat, closing when the furnace was off, but they often fail. In the 3 yr unit, I had a $300 repair bill. In the 7 yr old unit, it failed to open and the furnace over heated. The attempt by the repair man failed and my tenant is still without heat. It looks like we need a new part to solve the problem.

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: C. R. Willis

"Third Boiler in 5 years"
I moved into a newly constructed home in March 2005. The home is equipped with a Utica 90-200 boiler. In the 5+ years I have lived in the house, I have had more service calls on this boiler than all other heating systems combined over the last 43 years. The original boiler failed with a bad igniter. Then it leaked. It was replaced in November 2007 with an entirely new unit that leaked upon startup. Next, the igniter on this second boiler failed and the service company was unable to locate a replacement. It was Good Friday. We were having eight for dinner on Easter Sunday and we had no heat and no hot water. Subsequently, this second boiler failed in June 2010 in the same manner as the first. Three boilers in less than 6 years! I expect the third boiler will fail in 2013.

Date created: 2010-01-08 Name: Sue

"Utica Boiler"
Ignitor tanked after less than 7 years. Told I had to contact a plumbing contractor for a new part. Have spent a week waiting for it. No one calls back. Every time I call the plumbing contractor, he tries to convince me to buy a new boiler. Who replaces a boiler after 7 years? What a piece of crap. I would never buy another Utica Boiler.

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: C. Romaine

"Twice bitten with Utica Boilers"
Replaced the old furnace with a utica steam boiler in 2002 only to have a defect crack in the cast iron. Utica paid to replace boiler in 2005, but not labor. In Oct 2009, same problem with the replacement boiler, crack in cast iron. I have documented pictures of both right through. Would not have another utica boiler installed. If there is a class action suit against the company, I would like to join it!

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: B Fridinger

"Utica USC 5 boiler"
I just had the Utica usc 5 boiler installed and this plumber has installed many of these for 15 years and nobody has ever had a problem with this model. This boiler is an 85% efficiency boiler which is the start of high efficiency and the plumber told me when you start to get the real high 95% efficiency boiler like the ub90 etc. you run into problems because there are more moving parts and many more things to break and wear out and that the usc model has much less that can go wrong with it.

Date created: 2009-10-26 Name: Bryant Farrell

"Had a Utica Installed Today"
I just had a Utica installed today. The sfh 3100. If I had used my head and read these reviews before it was installed, I wouldn't have went with it. The majority says it's junk!! I hope not!! Pray for me!!