Consumer Reviews of TRANE furnaces

Read more about TRANE furnaces

Date created: 2009-01-30 Name: D. Jasinski
Location: Lowell, IN

"Trane quality"
I have replaced the igniter on my xe80 furnace twice since owning it. The first one lasted only 2 years. Second one lasted 4 years. So far no need to replace the last one. Overall, am satisfied.

Date created: 2009-01-22 Name: Keith Hamacher

"flow through humidifier"
Entire heating system from Trane installed 5 weeks ago. After first day I had to turn the water off to the humidifier after it flooded my basement. Researching has revielled this type of humidifier wastes a lot of water. 25 - 30 gallons per day in my case. My drainage is septic system therefore I am not willing to over saturate my property and waste that much water at the cost of this type of humidifier. I was not advised this when it was sold to me. Trane and the contractor dance circles around the issue. They have even advised me to install a different type of humidifier, one that they do not sell. I also cannot get the humidity in the house above 30%. Trane suggested to have the humistat set at 25%. What is the use in having the humidifier?

Date created: 2009-01-14 Name: Karen
Location: Pacific Northwest

"somebody ought to stop TRANE"
Have repaired this furnace so many times I could have probably afforded a complete new unit instead.

Date created: 2009-01-06 Name: J. Stewart

"2008 Trane"
I am happy with the overall heating and efficiency. The unit is fairly loud, but the furnace is located in my hallway Furnace closet. After about two weeks of operation in the summer the blower motor went out (Emerson motor, no grease was put in the bearings), the contractor replaced it within 2 days.

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: J. Smith
Location: Aurora, Indiana

"Poor Quality/No Support"
Constant repair for this furnace. 3 blower motors, 2 transformers, 4 exterior thermostats(finally just removed), replaced orifices, switches, and on and on. Found a pinched wire installers had ran between duct work and floor joist...plenty of room on either side of the joist....?? No help from the company that installed...only another bill. We are again without heat this morning...it is the last week of December after all...expected :) We now understand the logo..."Can't stop a Trane"...because you can't get one to start :)

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: Jim McHaffie
Location: Burgettstown, PA

"home owner"
Just trying to find out information on my electric furance because I cant find any books or any material on the system . Can you please give me any information on it . It is an older Trane furance. Thank you for all your time !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-10-24 Name: K Malone
Location: Minnesota

"Hard to stop a Trane"
Both the furnace and condenser unit work well. The true test was during the recent Aug 07 midwest flood, when both were under water for several hours. I had a service tech come to check them out... they were both fine and continue to run efficiently.

Date created: 2008-06-05 Name: J. Meadows

"Hards to Stop a Trane"
This Trane unit has never let me down. I have never had a service call in 21 years.

Date created: 2008-04-26 Name: Pete McMurrin
Location: West Jordan, UT

I still own one. Ran well till now. Having problems with after repaired.

Date created: 2008-02-28 Name: g palo
Location: Oakville, Ontario

Do not buy a TRANE i dont know why everybody likes them they are loud and parts fail all the time i have spent more the $800 in 2 years on repairs