Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about Thermo Pride furnaces

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Elinor
Location: Pa

"Great Unit!"
I have just removed the Thermo Pride unit after 22 years of service with no service calls other than annual service. It still would be there heating my home but I converted to gas.

Date created: 2013-02-18 Name: pat hutton
Location: Meadville PA

"I like furnace but....."
This company came into our home 2 1/2 weeks to install a Thermopride Mobile home natural gas furnace. a few days after installation, we noticed furnace not running properly and water was running down furnace and was leaking into ceiling and vent pipe. The tech came out, called us a liar that it was not leaking until we had to pull out insulation and show him all the brown water marks on our ceiling above furnace. After 4 hours of sitting in front of furnace, he drilled a hole in the gas line to furnace to do test and put silicon back on it and left. After he left that night we had to call company again since he had a leak in the gas pipe to furnace which pix is attached and also he cut out pipe so furnace would get more air but it was only sending gas back into our house so we had to shut down furnace. the next day another tech came and said he had to go get parts after we had to call manufacturer because the company was given the wrong way to fix it. I had to go to doctors and told him I would be back later. I had to go get tests so called company to tell them I wouldn't be back til 3:30. Nasty message was left on my answering machine stating I was to be home all day and that he just got my message and would call back when I got home. That was 6 days ago and still no calls from them. So after 2 1/2 weeks I have a brand new furnace that still does not work properly, big Ruts in my yard over our septic tank where they ran their truck over it instead of asking me to move our car or back up out of drive since we have a big u shape drive, they just went around car and right overtop pipes of septic tank. This company is very rude, arrogant and they don't care about their customers. Do not call Thermopride either since they tell you you have to deal with company. It's a shame you have a brand new furnace and it don't work. Watch out for this company. When is the customer always wrong and company right? They have no people skills and no consideration or courtesy.

Date created: 2013-01-09 Name: D. Ferretti
Location: Scotia, NY

"Very Bad Investment for an Oil Furnace"
The so-called experts with the Thermo Pride furnace can't seem to find the problem that is costing me more and more money in wasted oil heat. If I turn the thermostat down at night it takes about 30 to 40 min per degree to return. Even at the desired temperature the furnace runs 6 to 10 times an hour with the fan coming on first cooling the house and then the furnace fires up to send heat. No wonder my oil supplier talked me into this expensive lemon!

Date created: 2012-12-04 Name: C. Powers
Location: Milwaukie, Or

"Dissatisfied Customer"
Installed furnace Feb 2012. Third visit from serviceman and third time this year I had to sleep elsewhere due to no heat.

Date created: 2012-09-03 Name: P. Veccharelli
Location: Fairfield county Connecticut

"Best bang for your buck Thermo Pride OH8"
Replaced 7 year old Lennox warm air furnace. Noticed lower consumption of power and oil. ECM blower motor option: Significant energy savings (67% average compared to psc motors). 13-Gauge large surface area Octatherm Heat Exchanger copper plated for corrosion resistance. Overall good quality manufacturing of sheet metal and clean out ports. Best bang for your buck for warm air furnaces on the market today. Make sure your technician sets the blower speeds to applicable fire rate and a/c capacity.

Date created: 2012-01-22 Name: D. Stephens
Location: Greensboro,nc

"Maintenance free"
Great furnace in place for 16 years. Have it serviced annually and have never had to have any repairs to it.

Date created: 2011-01-01 Name: Rod N.
Location: Seattle

"Never broke"
I had a Thermo-pride oil burning furnace installed in 1996 which replaced the original 1949 GE. The Thermo-pride was tuned up every year and never broke down. Great furnace. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the ecological disaster waiting -to- happen underground oil tank. It leaked. I am happy that I got the oil tank removed before more damage was done. Switched to York Heat pump and am amazed at the efficiency. It is great not to have to worry about leaking oil disasters any longer. If the heat pump fails, at least I will have electric back up...

Date created: 2009-11-19 Name: Patreen Raybuck

"Patreen Raybuck"
I purchased a Thermo Pride gas fired furnace 09/15/05 from ABC Heating of Brookville, Pa 15825. I have had 10 emergency service calls since I purchased this furnace. This does not include the yearly service contract I took out for the annual check up in the Fall. I have had to replace the reset button, cleaned the flame sensor, replaced the flame sensor rod, replaced the inducer fan, had the regulator adjusted, replace the combustion fan, replace another ignitor, the flame sensor continually gets dirty and now there may be a electronic board problem today(11/19/09). I have called the Thermo Pride main office in North Judson,IN, today twice with no reply. I am a single woman living alone and winter is fast approaching. Did I get a lemon???? I need help with this problem furnace.

Date created: 2009-11-19 Name: Claude Raybuck

"mR. CLAUDE RAYBUCK"
I have been having trouble with this furnace. Have had a repair man here at my house 11 times and they can't find the problem with my furnace. I don't know what I am going to do because the warranty is about out in another year and can't afford to have them come all this times to repair my furnace.