Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Chris B
Location: Green Bay

"7 yr old and junk"
Heat exchanger went out. It was still under warranty but would cost 500$ to install it. Dealer told me that they pressed the clam shell together at the factory wrong on all the units. If thatís the case, they should fix their screw up not at the cost of their customer. They will surely be out of business soon if thatís the way they operate.

Date created: 2008-06-19 Name: J Schaafsma
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Tempstar N9MP2"
Darn noisy. Even when wired for the lowest speed fan setting, it wakes me up at night.

Date created: 2008-05-02 Name: Martin
Location: Belleville, ON

I put in a Tempstar high efficiency 4 years ago. Its been working ok for me so far with the only problems being a noisy inducer motor which I replaced and a bad Honeywell smart valve. Even thought the furnace has worked good so far. I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed in Tempstars choice to use a Honeywell smart valve. Instead of using just a HSI, or a Pilot. Tempstar decided it would be a good Idea to use both. I can almost bet that this is where the next problem will be.

Date created: 2008-02-12 Name: M. Jones
Location: Buffalo, NY

Tempstar DC90 - Replaced the igniter, blower, wiring. Now the burner looks to be uneven and has burnt the platic mesh at the top. 3 calls in the last 5 winters. Never again. Must go looking for a new furnace this summer.

Date created: 2007-01-17 Name: P Smith
Location: Cancouver BC

I'm very happy with the price. Im also happy with the warranty as I have had two problems in the last year. The high-low switch had to be replaced recently.