Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR furnaces

Read more about TEMPSTAR furnaces

Date created: 2014-05-02 Name: sharon
Location: Sarnia

"garbage ..."
I am a single mom and spent my $3000 dollars on this furnace thinking it would work. Nothing but problems. My 2 year old son and I froze all winter, sick every week because no heat. Plus, on top of it, I called Sarnia Heating who installed it and they sent me bills saying I own them money when they just installed this product and it's less than 2 weeks old? This isn't right. I'm trying to support my son and I and working and spent $3000 dollars on a furnace which you would assume it would work and doesn't!! Leaking all over and they say the reason why it's all leaking and not working one because of my gas and second they told me I don't know how to use a furnace? Like, really? I had Union Gas come in -- nothing is wrong it's the system itself. I would not recommend anybody to purchase this brand or from this company! Right now this furnace is down stairs doing nothing. Just cost me my last $3000 as a single mom and never even had heat all winter!!

Date created: 2013-01-24 Name: Barbara Moran
Location: Melbourne

"The Worst Unit-Air and Heat- EVER"
Here are the numbers on the Model..N8MSN0701412A Serial a104519709. This unit has been nothing but trouble since 2 months after installation. The air was not cooling. Finally they said there was a leak in a valve. Cost me $169 to have 4 pounds freon plus service call. Still not doing the job my 17 year old Heil, which was still in good working order however my son thought it best to replace the unit due to it's age. I now have a lemon tempstar. The heater just had 2 parts replaced which cost another $169. The heater works when it feels like it, it takes 3 or 4 efforts before the heater actually puts out heat. I rue the day I ever had this unit installed. Give me back my heil any day over this pile of junk.

Date created: 2012-12-05 Name: Randy

"Runs Great"
Have a 2 stage 95% efficiency condensing Tempstar furnace, installed by self and careful old contractor. Gas bills dropped 25 to 30%, temperature in house much more even and comfortable at a lower thermostat setting. Has ran fine for 5 years, regular maintenance of condensing drain system, trap and line is a must with these units, watch for leaks etc. Also have a high quality electrostatic intake filter, which I clean regular, as well as the fan compartment. People probably put the cheapest filter they can find in a $3000 furnace no doubt, but not smart. This sort of care takes a few minutes now and then but pays off handsomely in maintenance bills.

Date created: 2012-11-17 Name: Gary Pixler
Location: Platte City, Missouri

"High Efficiency Condensing Gas Furnance"
Just replaced Lennox Furnace and ac unit with new TempStar High Efficiency Condensing Gas Furnace and Split System r-410a 3.5 ton with 4 ton n coil. Talk about a difference! Lower gas bill and electric bill! Very quiet unit and does a fantastic job over the old Lennox. Installer was great and was very meticulous in the installation. No wasted heat out the exhaust which is a 3 inch pvc pipe and new unit uses outside air through separate intake pvc pipe. The warranty...hands down the best I have ever seen.

Date created: 2012-11-15 Name: STEVE SIKORA
Location: pa

"Garbage Furnace"
My Tempstar has been nothing but trouble from the start. Board replacements 3 , and bad fan eat up any savings you might realize from gas savings. Now the Secondary heat exchange is bad and will be covered after I buy a new one and pay labor and shipping which are very high.

Date created: 2012-07-29 Name: J Van Ackeren
Location: North Bend, NE

"Tempstar furnace & heat pumps"
Have 2 Tempstar furnaces and heat pumps in our home...all bunch of junk. Built the home new and have problems with one or both every year. They also are noisy. I have a vacation home and have a Lennox heat pump and furnace, both units are 8 years old and I have never had a service call. Tempstar is junk period...save yourself money and grief insist on anything else. After 3 years one of the heat pumps went completely out...Tempstar would not stand behind the unit. Most recently a fan on the furnace went out.

Date created: 2012-03-09 Name: eric
Location: Acton, CA

"tempstar 18 seer"
Built a new home and installed the best...or I thought 3 service calls later the manufacture won't return a call back.

Date created: 2011-03-23 Name: austin mischka
Location: orlando

"buy tempstar"
i had two tempstar units 99 and 09 model both very dependable split residental sysytem although the later model is very quiet compared to earlier models. these are same as the carrier brands made in same factory with different stickers without the extra $1000 for the carrier name and tempstar has peice of mind warranty replacement program that is the best out there. good installation is the key!!!!!

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: B Rigoni
Location: plainfield Ill

"installman"
I have been putting Tempstar in for a long time. Have had min service calls on them.Alot of problems are with the proper install. I service all makes and they all have there problems! You will find that your higher dollar equipment uses the same parts so I dont know why there is such a price difference!!

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Patricia Edwards
Location: Cincinnati Ohio

"a piece of crap"
I had a new Tempstar installed in Aug. 2010 just a few months ago. I have already had one service call to replace an injector that leaked oil in my garage and it is still leaking. I will be lucky to get through one winter with this furnace. This is what the government is using in it's weatherization program. The service man told me to watch it for leaking oil every time I fill it as it is senitive to dirt when filled. I have nverer never had to watch for oil leaks. This is a waste of gov't money and who does it really help????