Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of RUUD furnaces

Read more about RUUD furnaces

Date created: 2013-12-08 Name: George Feinstein
Location: Ok.

"Top Notch Customer Service"
Any one with half a brain knows the customer service is through the contractors. If he doesn't install it properly you'll have problems and not always right away. An honest skilled contractor will carry parts and if needs to order them they are readily available.

Date created: 2013-06-28 Name: Reggie Arden

"Non-existent Customer Service"
I couldn't get anyone there to give me any information on what MERV rating filter to use. They were just script-readers and told me to see a contractor. Totally worthless. My contractor didn't even know what a MERV rating was. I tried to get the info from them, but they would not tell me anything. None of my properties will ever have a Ruud or Rheem again.

Date created: 2013-06-06 Name: m.waters
Location: Richmond, Va

"Great Selections From Ruud's Furnaced Line to Fit All Homeowners Needs"
Ruud furnaces are very reliable, cost effective, and attractive. There is a vast line of furnaces offered by Ruud, including the 90+ and 95+ modulating furnace which offers a Lifetime Unit Replacement. How can you beat that?

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: T Lynch
Location: Grandville, MI

"Overall Pretty Solid Unit"
Installed when house was built in 2000, one repair to the igniter. Which as a desiel mechanic, it is the same thing as a glow plug on a truck - and those go out as well - so I guess you could say that is expected

Date created: 2013-03-14 Name: F. Sheyman
Location: Detroit, Michigan

"Homeowner"
The furnace will shut and restart on its own till it satisfied the ts. Avoid the furnace at any cost.

Date created: 2013-02-23 Name: J. Peterson
Location: Roseburg, OR

"Furnace"
We installed a new furnace in our rental home 6 years ago and it has been absolutely trouble free. What a change the last unit was a 10 year old Trane that we nearly had repairs done on annually.

Date created: 2012-02-22 Name: Too Late
Location: Vancouver, BC

"3 Months old and "faulty"..and I'm supposed to pay to have it changed!!!"
We had a Ruud installed in October and moved into our house in January. The furnace was loud, sounded like a deisel truck in the basement. I complained to the installer but he denied anything was wrong. Finally I called the distributor and the Rep. They came and looked at the furnace and sure enough, it's defective. But instead of exchanging this practically brand new furnace out for us, the Ruud is only willing to give ua a labour credit of $300. towards the $2000. labour bill to remove it and then install another furnace. The installer and the distributor wont return my calls and I am now calling the national customer service line, waiting for a call back. Take my advice, get a big name company to do your install and buy a trane. I wish I did.

Date created: 2012-02-21 Name: RC
Location: Denver, CO

"Thanks for the 21 years RUUD!!"
Replacing our Ruud system that was originally put in our house 21 years ago! It may have been noisy and not the most efficient (60%) but it never let us down. Looking forward to a new system, but I have nothing but thanks to our Ruud system.

Date created: 2011-11-10 Name: Bob
Location: Illinois

"Confusion"
Most of the negative reviews on here have nothing to do with the manufacturer at all. Come on, problems in a rental place. How many land lords have tenants that change there filter every month, let alone keep a clean house. Dirt, dust, and moisture are the cause of most furnace service issues. A lot of contractor issues also. Did they do a load calculation to size the furnace correctly or did they just match it to the one you had? Is your duct correctly sized? Over temping is a furnace killer. I like the one that could not get the contractor to call back after bringing a factory representative out and that will never buy a Ruud again. Why is that Ruud's fault sounds like if he had to get a representative, he doesn't know what he is doing. If you all want some real advice, research your contractors. An improperly installed furnace will always have problems. Any brand. That's a guarantee.

Date created: 2011-06-15 Name: John
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Wonderful Furnace"
Two of these units were installed in our new home 15 years ago and they are both fantastic work horses. I had to replaced the igniter in the downstairs unit this year and will be replacing the blower motor in the upstairs unit soon. Total of about $250 in repairs over 15 years is fantastic. Not other maintenance has been done to the units. I will definitely replace them with similar units whenever they finally wear out.