Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: R.P.
Location: MN.

"All the same product"
I see people saying they would rather have the Bryant and Carrier parts installed on the Payne. Guess what! They are the same Carrier and Bryant parts. Payne last just as long as any other brand and I would still put in a Payne been doing it and installing them for long time now.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: Mr Bush
Location: Northwest indiana

"Once installed - burner failure"
New install. Right lower burner failure- airleak. Replaced with new burner set and all is well- for now. Supplier noted this is a one in ten problem and not addressed yet from factory. Install 6/17/2011. Unit runs smooth as silk now and like most companys products, once set up correctlt should run without complications. I really hate to FIX new products though.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: R Eccher
Location: Renton, WA

"Didn't know the brand name until it died"
We bought a brand new tract house 28 years ago and it never occured to us to check what brand of furnace came with the home. It turns out that it was a PAYNE. We never had an issue with it until yesterday when it finally quit. I never knew until today that you are supposed to have them serviced regularly - I never had it checked once! It's never a good time for a furnace to go out but I can't complain after 28 years. Now that I have begun looking at all of the top brands, it seems like not many people are happy with any of them. I guess I will just save a few bucks and roll the dice on another PAYNE.

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: Linda
Location: Piedmont CA

"Payne heater 394JAZ460095AAFA"
Nightmare. Can't even get a filter that fits, and have to cut one, which is miserable (never fits properly). We use it, turning it off and on for only an hour at a time. It overheats and has cracked the plaster wall where the duct runs underneath it. The repairman could do nothing to fix it. Since new, it has never worked. I wish we had never replaced our old furnace. From reading reviews, installation may be a problem. Will look into that.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: mike
Location: Los Angeles, california

"Always broke down"
I bought a Payne system in 2006 since then broken down three times cost me about 700$ so far I replaced a new circuit board twice and then the ignitor not working. I hardly used the heater Is a piece of junk not recommended to buy

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: L.Gaucchi
Location: Roch,MI

"Ignitor"
Piece of junk. Repeated failures of the ignitor

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: theJake

"Do not even consider a Payne"
This piece of junk has been the worst experience of my life. Unit overheats inside the circuit board shuttinh it down. Poorly designed.

Date created: 2010-11-26 Name: g griffith
Location: bushskill pa

"bad heat exchanger"
fist and secondary heat exchangers

Date created: 2010-11-25 Name: jane
Location: twin falls, I

"inexpensive ...But"
I replaced my 1958 furnace with a Payne 95% efficient- this summer. Tech was very helpful in explaining. A/C works great -not a heat pump. Really my only complaint is the noise the unit makes. It was far cheaper than the bid for the Lennox. haven't had enough time to compare utility bills yet. Other than noisy - it seems fine so far.

Date created: 2010-10-08 Name: T Blehovde
Location: Oconomowoc,WI

"Consumer"
I had a Payne Furnace and Air Conditioner installed 8 years ago and I am very Happy with both of them.I would buy again for sure.