Consumer Reviews of Payne furnaces

Read more about Payne furnaces

Date created: 2014-03-09 Name: Ben Vary
Location: Trenton,MI

"Payne is an Excellent Furnace"
I had a Payne 96% eff. Furnace installed two years ago and it is the best furnace we have ever had. 10 year parts and labor warranty as long as you register it on line. The company that put it in was very professional and courteous. We have maintenance done on a bi-annual basis. Payne is made by United Technologies who also makes Carrier, Bryant and Comfortmaker. I stand behind this product 100%

Date created: 2014-01-01 Name: T. Beyerl
Location: Wisconsin

"Pain furnace is crap."
Code 33...every single day. Tried everything to fix it. Don't buy a pain.

Date created: 2013-06-27 Name: Richard
Location: Waterloo, On

"Great Buy.... Very Happy"
I recently had a new Payne furnace installed in my home and am very happy with its performance. It's quieter than I expected and having two stages of heat helps keep the temperature in the house from fluctuating. I didn't want anything to fancy because usually when there is a lot going on, there is more to go wrong. Also, I found out that Payne is a Carrier product. All the engineering and manufacturing is done by the same people in the same spot. The only bad thing I can say is that, it didn't come with a labour warranty but I think that has more to do with the company that installed it. Oh well, it saved me a ton of money!

Date created: 2013-01-15 Name: Sally
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Payne really lives up to it's name...a real "Payne" int the neck."
I would never recommend Payne anything to anybody. I talked to a woman by the name of Diane who is Senior Customer Relations something- or- other for Payne, and all I can say is what a rude, unhelpful blankety blank. She should be fired from her job they way she "handled" things. Their warranty is crooked and worthless. I will slander that company's name along with that Diane lady to everyone I know.

Date created: 2012-12-26 Name: Bill Cook
Location: Escanaba, Michigan

"Noisy 2012"
The new 2012 furnace appears to function properly but it is really noisy. About twice the decibels of our previous furnace. Both furnaces about the same BTUs. New unit's motor and fan are obnoxious. Installation was re-checked. The noise disrupts reading, eating, sleeping, and even had to turn up the volume on the TV. Good mechanical engineering, I suppose but lousy human engineering.

Date created: 2012-09-08 Name: MASTER TECH
Location: unionville,ny

"HVAC-R TECH"
This is for everyone out there ... 98% of everyone's problem is from poor planning and poor installation,,,improperly trained employees,employees that don't care, or poor mind set,(get in,get out,as fast as u can)this has been a big problem in the hvac industry and the manufacturer takes the blame, almost every furnace is pre ran and fully tested before its shipped out to supply houses. Most of my service calls is due to improper installs by other company's, not taking other considerations into mind when INSTALLING (I.E..duct sizing, proper voltage, amps, correct wiring, proper pitch for draining, proper air speed, proper exhausting).THESE things will have a major effect on heating and a/c,you don't just pull your old furn, out and drop a new one in,its not that simple, question everything about your service tech, and have them back up what they say (no options)just the facts... your money and satisfaction cannot be compromised.

Date created: 2012-07-10 Name: M. Guy
Location: Massillon, OH

"Great Furnace"
I bought my first house in September 2004 and had to replace the furnace that coming winter. A friend of the family recommended and installed a Payne furnace because of the reliability and price. I have it checked every year and I have not had an issue with it. This is why I also selected a Payne when it was time to replace my air conditioner in 2010. With regular maintenance, I have not had an issue with either and I would definitely select Payne again.

Date created: 2012-04-30 Name: AAD
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Low Maintenance"
Our Payne furnace has been great for us. It is a 92% efficiency model with a 2 1/2 ton blower. It is heating a 3 story ~1400sqft home, and our bills are typically under or around 200$ per month during the coldest months (-5* to 20* lows). We have only put about 50$ in maintenance into this furnace since we've move into our home 6 years ago, which ended up to be nothing mechanically with the furnace, but a clogged condensation box. Last year, we had a 2 1/2 ton Lennox A/C installed into our Payne furnace and both have been operating perfectly.

Date created: 2011-11-19 Name: jane firte
Location: mi

"doesn't matter"
My pane furnace lasted 14 years. During that time I had it repaired 4 different times and my heat energy payments are high. I won't buy another pane.

Date created: 2011-11-18 Name: AJR
Location: Winnipeg MB

"on my third furnace"
I have two rental properties and I have replaced the furnace in them plus my own home with Payne condensing furnace. I have not had any problems with any on them. I am either very lucky, or the reports of the Payne furnace being junk are incorrect. If I need another furnace in the future, I will definitely consider a Payne.