Consumer Reviews of LUXAIRE furnaces

Read more about LUXAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Steve

"30+ yrs experience Installer"
It seems to me, based on the reviews I've read that most of the people are applying a non-realistic view of a product they know nothing about. I feel confident when I say that most good installers will all agree that the largest problems found in any furnace is consumer ignorance. I can't count the number of homes I've been in over the years where the utility rooms are filthy and disgusting with clutter and debris hanging all over the heating/cooling equipment. I educate all my customers on the need to keep this area clean and to change filters regularly. Rest assured that the same ones that complain about this excellent product are the same ones that complain about everything else they purchase. In over thirty years, I have installed hundreds and hundreds of these furnaces as well as many other brands. If yours doesn't work right, it wasn't put in right or you don't take care of it or both. I will sell many more and will always stand behind them as a great product.

Date created: 2010-06-21 Name: Ultimate Fireplace

"Luxaire dealer and custumer"
I've been using this product for 5 years. Haven't had any serious trouble with any of their units. The new modulating ecm 97.5% model Lp9co60b12mp12 is the best unit out there. Have in my house, family friends and costumers homes. Haven't had another unit praised so much by customers as this unit. Keeps house comfortable all the time. Never cold than too hot. A lot of these bad complaints on Luxaire seems to be installation problems. Big difference between installation problems than a Luxaire problem.

Date created: 2010-06-07 Name: Steven G.

"Owner"
Owned a new Luxaire furnace for almost a year. It was already installed in my refurbed house I bought in August 09. This is the first year it has ever been turned on and it works great. No problems so far.

Date created: 2010-05-06 Name: Happy Luxaire

"Very Satisfied"
I had an 8 year old Trane 80% furnace with a cracked heat exchanger and replaced it with a Luxaire 2 stage - variable speed furnace. I did not go with the "low price" contractor and I am very happy. I am now much more comfortable in my home and I trust the contractor with my garage code to annual maintenance while I am at work.

Date created: 2010-04-27 Name: Doug Stacy

"Luxaire not a good Furnace to purchase"
Our Luxaire 100000 btu 80% afue was installed on 4/29/96. Main blower motor went out after 8 years. In 2006, flame sensor went out also. Ignitor universal went out. On 10/22/09, main blower motor went out again. We will not have another Luxaire installed in this house.

Date created: 2010-03-31 Name: Michael Swain

"Piece of Crap Luxaire Furnace"
We have owned this furnace for just over 4 years. The heating outfit that installed it retired and the supplier does not sell them anymore. The Luxaire web site does not work. The problem is the heat sensor. It quits regularly and we are afraid to leave the house especially in the winter weather in Canada. Although it is on warranty for 10 years, because of the lack of support we have not been able to receive compensation for our expense of at least $80 per year. Don't buy Luxaire. They do not stand behind their products.

Date created: 2010-03-05 Name: James Lyons

This was by far the worst furnace I have ever owned. I have had the main circuit board replaced and then the main motor burned up. This was supposed to be a decent furnace. I had planned on more than 3 years use. When the motor died, I had the technicians try to find a replacement motor only to learn they have been back ordered for 2 weeks with no idea when they will be available. In 20 degree weather, this is unacceptable. I will never own another Luxaire product.

Date created: 2010-02-24 Name: J. Romaine

"HAS NOT WORKED RIGHT EVER! NOT FROM DAY ONE! NO ONE KNOWS WHY!"
We had this Luxaire furnace installed on 12-29-09! Very first day, contractor gone for 2 hours, it blew cold air all around! Hasn't stopped since!! If we leave the bottom panel off of the furnace, it has always managed to start by the 3rd attempt! It will be a cold night when it finally dies! After 3, count them 1,2,3,!!!!! circuit boards, gas valves, rewiring, countless other "fixes" still doesn't work! I think the manufacturer will have it fixed or replaced maybe by the time I die! Our mid-winter trip to the Dells explain that to kids!! Has been cancelled and rescheduled after assurances it would be fixed. And yet again, next week is coming and the part still hasn't shipped from the factory! Must be coming from Pluto! I can't believe this company is still in business. I can't afford to replace and they won't replace this junk furnace! I have even asked for my old gas guzzling furnace back, more like begged for it back, but it is already gone! I should have just kept socking out money for more gas than to have to go through this nightmare. My water has already frozen up once, because I turned the heat off when I leave the house and sometimes at night, because I desperately want to get a night of sleep, without having to get up and turn off the cold air! I'll just have to move my house to Florida!! After all this, I am thankful that it works part of the time, I just wish that this company would seem to care about their consumers! What can we do?

Date created: 2010-02-08 Name: Bill Molyneaux

"Vent motor does not switch off and furnace will only cycle once"
This furnace has worked fairly well except every second winter the ignitor would burn out and could be replaced easily. Had to replace ignition Module probably shorted out by the ignitor. Latest fault after the furnace would do the first cycle, the temparature would not reach a high enough rise to shut of the thermostat. As a result, the vent motor would continue to run. On the next cycle, the ignitor circuit would not function. When the furnace originally starts up, the vent circuit is activated by the thermostat, then the 1lp pressure switch (activated by the vent motor vacuum) switches over to the ignitor circuit and activates the ignitor and gas valve and the furnace goes into cycle. The vent tubing can become water logged caused by condensation and poor drainage turn all power off at the main box. Do not rely on the cut of switch on the the lower furnace door. Dry any water spills before you operate the furnace again. Empty (all water out of every tube) and the vent motor body and box behind except the final drainage tube which leads out of the bottom left and drains in to the basement grid becase this stops the fumes from the grid from coming back into the furnace. Be very careful to capture the water into a plastic cup and do not spill any water into the elctrical connections. In doing this, you have restored th vacuum in the pressure switch clear plastic pipes ant the switches will operate correctly. And when the furnace has cycled and reach a better heat rise, the vent circuit will turn off and the furnace will be able to run a few times to build up the temparature to the normal level. When the vent motor runs all the time, it stays on the second function of the 1lp switch. This does not allow the ignitor circuit to function when vacuum pressure is restored by draining the water out (as above). Leave water in lower drainage tube as explained above.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Wayne

"Luxaire"
Exhaust blower motor goes very cheap.