Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Rochester, NY

"Review of My Furnace"
I've owned this furnace since buying the house which was 6 years ago. I have never had a specific preference for furnaces nor had I even bothered to care for one until being a homeowner. I like that it has been very low maintenance and so far has only required filter changes. It also consumes very little gas, keeps the house warm, the unit itself does not get hot on any exposed panels. The unit is very quiet and produces no noticeable noise. The only outside service that I have had done through a local heating and cooling company is a yearly inspection and cleaning of the entire unit, a temperature and pressure test, have the technician check the electrical system and to make sure the gas connections were safe, all of which was less than $100. I would buy the same brand again and recommend it to my friends for sure, unless it destroyed my house, hurt someone or caused a fire.

Date created: 2011-11-25 Name: CJD POA for RT
Location: Winnipeg, MB

" RE: Winnipeg Supply/ Furnace Experts over charge"
My previous complaint was not about Lennox furnaces per se, but rather about how service companies know they have you at their mercy when the temperature outside is cold and your furnace packs it in. Their should be a web site to rate service companies!

Date created: 2011-11-25 Name: CJD POA for RT
Location: Winnipeg, MB

"Winnipeg Supply/ Furnace Experts over charge"
Helping an elderly relative out who's furnace died on Remembrance Day. We needed it serviced and expected to pay holiday rates. Never expected to get a bill for $766.00 to replace a 48k98 blower control board. Price breakdown was $99 call out/diagnostic + $585.00 control board + taxes. This seemed to be excessive so I called Lennox (the distributor) directly and their list price for the board is $271.62 + taxes. Called a couple of other heating companies and they quoted $176 and $235 for the board as a part + installation; they suggested they install it at their hourly rate to insure nothing else was wrong with the furnace, as for me to purchase the board alone, it would not be refundable if something else was the problem. Fair enough! Winnipeg Supply tells me they have a flat rate book price for the part which includes installation and everyone else will always undercut on parts price. Come on! One hour to install the part "which must be kept in inventory" ends up costing $350 more than Lennox's suggested list price? I think their flat rate pricing is way out of wack, but Winnipeg Supply wasn't willing to make any adjustment. The supervisor said their pricing is similar to everyone else in the heating business and if I was in the business I'd know this! Then they told me we weren't even charged the after hour/holiday rate which would have added $100 for the part plus $40 for the call. Seems all the other companies I checked would have come in a few hundred dollars below this! Interesting how the part price increases along with the service call/diagnostic charge?! Definitely, the last time I deal with this company.

Date created: 2011-11-10 Name: Barbara Seaman
Location: Omaha, NE

"G60UHV(X) series"
I had to have service come out at a cost of $175.00 each time because of sensors that need to be cleaned. The service man said every other year they need to be cleaned so the thermostat will work. Of course I was offered a contract of $270.00 a year for them to come. I care of my furnace and air conditioner. I thought I would pay extra for a furnace that would be trouble fee. My furnace room is spotless. I dust my water heater, furnace pipes and vacuum the floor often. I tell all my friends and family. I feel this furnace is designed to make monies for the service companies. Why is it the contacts are made to stop working when a little dirt or lint gets on them and not in a sealed environment? My last furnace worked great for 30 years never had this problem. I change filters. Of course this gives the heating service a chance to charge of a new thermostat/filter and other fees.

Date created: 2011-08-13 Name: Glenn W
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada

"Is it the furnace OR Techs?"
I am interested in reading these reviews. It seems that almost all complaints boil down to service and expectations. When looking at savings (slp98 Guy) Look at electricity and gas. The ECM motor produces less heat, thus the gas will be about 10% more than the suggested 37% savings, but, hydro will be up to 755 less on the furnace or 25% overall. Also, savings will be negated if a "smooth setback recovery" is used in a programmable thermostat, as it confused the logistics in the board controlling the cycles. In this case, this is all installation related. Find another service company with a tech that is fully trained! The set up is critical on these furnaces, and the installers must be properly trained. Sadly, few are. At least 90% of the reviews I have read are installation and service related, not the equipment. My 27 years experience in Ottawa, where temperatures are regularly below 0f, is that Lennox, if installed properly, has the lowest failure rate of any furnace I have seen. It is a sad state, that more training is not more comprehensive from the sales on, to ensure the sale of the proper equipment for the application

Date created: 2011-07-21 Name: Bill
Location: Texas

"Never Again"
We have a Lennox g40un(x) 60 c 110-11 and it 5 1/2 years old and broke again for the 3rd time. We have had to replace the fan motor and blower fan now 3 times. The cost to us this time is $1,398. Well I am researching a new unit -- not a Lennox -- to replace the full furnace. What a piece of garbage this system is.

Date created: 2011-06-19 Name: Dave R.
Location: Minnesota

"G27Mx Lennox - not happy"
Installed new Lennox Innovator series (G27Mx) in November 2000. Within first few months had the circuit board replaced two times. After that no issues until now (June, 2011). Had to replace blower motor. Sounds good, right? Well, before the Lennox, I had an Air.Ease. Old unit, but really heated the house nicely. When having that unit inspected, almost everyone told me that it should be replaced (the plenum - flexible joint between furnace and plenum I think) was brittle. No doubt the furnace ran hot, but it was quiet as all get-out. Install the new Lennox. Ran much cooler, and much more often. Of course, that's the way new furnaces are today - cycle more frequently to exchange air more. I guess I would've been fine with this, but it was much noisier from a fan perspective. Overall, I thought I did a ton of research and came up with a furnace that would run more efficiently and more quietly than my Air-Ease furnace, and keep the house just as warm. Well, I don't feel that this happened. House has always felt cooler, and the furnace is definately louder. Probably more efficient, though (I track my utilities in a spreadsheet.)

Date created: 2011-06-06 Name: ray d
Location: new jersey

"great"
Surprised by the reviews I purchased a g61mpv-60-090 and it has improved the quality of life in our house. It's improved both the heating and cooling through out the house. We have saved typically 20 % on our home heating cost. Its super quit we don't notice its cycling on and off. Obviously most satisfied people never reach out with a positive review. Lennox is a multi- billion dollar company thats a 100 years old so they obviously make a great product.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Name: M Nelson
Location: Surrey BC

"LENNOX SLP 98...IS IT 97% EFFICIENT?"
I had an SLP98 Lennox furnace installed in Oct 2010. It's supposed to be Lennox's latest and greatest furnace! I was told it was 97% efficient, a big difference form my Airco which was rated at approx 60% efficient. I expected to see a huge difference on my gas bill and even called Teresan (at the time) to figure out how to change my equal monthly payments! However, I have not seen 'any' difference on my gas consumption. Even considering our winter. I should see some savings when there is a 37% efficiency difference, shouldn't I?? Also, what worries me even more is that this new furnace 'booms' or has mini explosions periodically while ramping up to speed. The installer has guaranteed me that it is not a gas leak or seeping gas (although he has not come and to check because I have to give him a specific time when the "booms" occur) but perhaps my air ducts expanding!? Really??? Do you think I am an idiot and don't know the difference between the two sounds? At this point I am not happy with the furnace or the service I've received to attend to my concerns.

Date created: 2011-05-19 Name: linda barber
Location: kingsport tn

"Two Lennox under 4 years - two fan motors failed."
I know nothing about heat pumps but paid more because i thought a lennox was a better brand. the installer has been in business for years and only installs lennox so i think he knows what he is doing. We put one in my son's house and one in our house. BOTH have had to have the fan motors in exterior unit replaced. That just seems like a pretty big coincidence or either it is possible that there is some defect in their fan motors. People keep posting that it isn't the heat pumps themselves but the installation. How could improper installation cause a fan motor to fail? Doubt I'll buy another. We had a Bard before which lasted for 25-30 years!

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>