Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2008-11-12 Name: Uninformed buyer
Location: Canada

"What model do you have"
Re: Name: Alf Location: Okotoks Years owned: 10 Review: Replacing the board 3 times in 10 years is unacceptable My question is, what model # is this? You can't just make such a general statement with no particulars.

Date created: 2008-10-30 Name: Tim
Location: Janesville, WI

"Pulse"
Both the Pulse furnace and A/C are 24 years old. The A/C has never had a repair, only bi-annual checks and cleaning. Heat exchanger on the furnace was replaced at no charge 10 years ago. Factory service is performed bi-annually and usually only a new spark plug is needed. I do maintain co2 detectors by furnace and in hall by bedrooms. Very satisfied with unit and with service personnel. I agree with everyone that trained and qualified service personnel make a huge difference.

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: Alf
Location: Okotoks

"Lennox circuit board"
Replacing the board 3 times in 10 years is unacceptable

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Maureen
Location: McHenry, IL

"Lennox 12 year models are junk!!"
Bought my house w/a Lennox WhisperHeat 1 stage Lennox model. It also came w/a 10 seer - 3 ton- r-22 coolant air conditioner unit. Within 5 years of living in the house, the air conditioner sprung a "hairline" leak that the tech can't find - likely on the condenser itself. Had the furnace checked & cleaned to find the "Heat Exchanger" needs replacing ($1,000+ part) that still has 8 years on the heat exchange warranty but doesn't cover the quoted $400 labor charge. Economical bottom line - I need to replace the whole system. HVAC contractors coming out for quotes tell me the Lennox "Whisperheat" was a lousy model for heat exchangers and the air conditioner unit was the 'builders low end model'. In a nutshell - buyer beware of buying a house thinking all's well for at least 10 years. This house has been one major repair after another and this HVAC system replacement is a double-whammy!

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Chuck Bray
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

"lennox (lemon)"
Very unhappy with new Lennox furnace. Bought their best, high efficiency in 2004/'05. It blew its original fan at approx 20 months of age. Has now blown the second fan (last night) at approx another 20 months, Sept 8 '08. We let fan run 24/7 for air circulation, & are scrupulous about cleaning air filters every 2-3 weeks. Buyer beware!

Date created: 2008-09-04 Name: D Taylor
Location: ON, Canada

"Too Bad People Cant Trust Their Installers"
I'm in the middle of a large renovation and am installing a g71 unit in my home. Old unit is Carrier but not overly happy with it. Possibly some of the issues are from not having the best installer. But my biggest rant is all you people who are suckered by bad maintenance companies!!! Then you slag the equipment!!! Doesn't take much time to investigate a problem on the web before someone feeds you a huge line of p__p. Wish everyone paid attention in school. Be a lot less people getting away with emptying your wallet with a ton of bs. These units, are awesome and will work for years if you find someone to service it that can be trusted!!!

Date created: 2008-09-02 Name: Ken

"Pulse 21"
The Pulse 21 was/is the most efficient furnace ever produced. It has a 96.2% AFUE rating. The only problem I had was a failing control board this year which was replaced free of charge with my annual maintenance plan. I will be really sad to see this furnace go because whatever furnace I decide to purchase next will increase the payment due amount on my gas bill.

Date created: 2008-08-06 Name: J Lam
Location: Chicago

"Take ownership for over 10 +"
Brought old house with 10+ Years lennox Heat and ac unit. Had house for another 10+ years. Never had a service call or a part replaced. Unit was about ten years old when I brought house. But just last week the blower motor was making some noise. A few drop of oil silence that quickly. : ) I would recommend the furnace to others.

Date created: 2008-07-19 Name: M.Williams
Location: Springfield, OH

"14 years of great service"
We loved our Lennox unit we had it installed in 94 other than the usual yearly check we never had a problem with it however earlier this year she finally went down the compressor burnt up, .it had cooled like a dream, it was quiet, and even for how old it was our electric bill was never high. we had several companies come out and they all said it would be better to get a new unit so we did, replaced it with a Goodman, big mistake it will be replaced next year with a better brand

Date created: 2008-06-10 Name: Ed Orava
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

"Heat Exchanger Failures"
In 1989 I had upgraded to a G8Q3-120E furnace. This unit performed well for 15 years. During a regular pre-winter service check, our servicing dealer's technician asked permission to cut open the side to inspect the heat exchanger. When he had access to the heat exchanger, he found 4 major cracks on the Duracurve heat exchanger, that required immediate shut down and furnace replacement. This really bothered me as to why the dealer only advised us years after the problem was known. It is disturbing to think of the potential results with carbon monoxide entering the living areas.

<< Previous131415161718192021222324Next >>