Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2009-01-27 Name: mjd
Location: Buffalo, New York

"older is better?"
I have owned the Lennox for 28 years. The unit was 15 years old when I bought the house. Other than replacing one blower motor at a cost of $50. I had no problems with it. I live in western ny, and it does get cold here. My house is as warm as I set it for. Yes, it was a bit loud when the motor kicked on, but at 50 plus years old, thats small problem. The unit has finally given up the ghost and will be replaced, simply because parts are unavailable for it. I can't complain.

Date created: 2009-01-25 Name: Walter J
Location: Emeryville, Ontario, Canada

"LENNOX PULSE"
I am presently going through frustration with the Lennox dealers here.

Date created: 2009-01-22 Name: Dave
Location: Denver, CO

"Update"
Update from previous post. Lennox GV61/Seer17 Air. This equipment is the best. It was professionally installed and maintained. Not one problem in 3 years and I do not forsee any. It is all about the installation. Listen people. Pay the price and get union labor to do your install and you will be forever pleased with any brand. Dig into the internet and read what the industry people have to say. You get what you pay for. The Lennox equipment is top of the line just make sure you know who is doing the install and how long has their company been in business in your area. Common sense will take you far.

Date created: 2009-01-17 Name: D. Harrell
Location: Rome, Georgia

"Lennox 80uhg375-a-3"
The first few days of owning the furnace I had problems. The company that sold me the junk came out a couple of times but they even gave up. I got a new company to check it out and boy is the cost rising. I have had 3 service calls in 3 days. It is cold and this is ridiclious. I am glad I saw this site because I thought the company I am using was ripping me off. I see now it is the unit. This is just the begining of 09. I have spent almost 600.00 in these few days. Waiting for a repairman to come today. I guess I will need to replace the furnace also. They should last longer than 1 -10 years. I purchased mine in 2000. I am the average worker and can't hanle costly repairs. I paid in good faith for a good product. I should have received one.

Date created: 2009-01-09 Name: M. Wheeler
Location: Northern Virginia

"A real POS"
I have replaced everything within the unit multiple times and spent hundreds of dollars every year since I purchased it. The unit was installed by one of the more reputable dealers in the area and it still failed within two-months of installation. Lennox sent an "updated" circuit board, blower, igniter, ect. and the unit failed again eight-months later. I contacted Lennox "customer service" (an oxymoron) and they simply stated that they would not address my problems and that it was the responsibility of a local Lennox dealer to do so. I will heat my home with a wood burning fireplace before I ever purchase another Lennox product. Their product is poorly engineered, expensive to purchase, very expensive to maintain, unreliable, and not recommended. Also living proof that the purchase of an expensive, top-of-the-line unit by made by this company is a regretable expenditure.

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: S Ebling
Location: Boulder, CO

"Untimely Expensive Reapir"
I sprang for top of the line variable speed high efficiency furnace only now to find that the control board, relay and end capacitors (?) need to be replaced for over a $1000, and a cold watt for parts in January... I feel Lennox should stand by their product and suck up at least some of the cost of an untimely repair. I would be happy to join others in an attempt for reconciliation.

Date created: 2009-01-04 Name: R R
Location: Vail, CO

"Lennox control Board"
I would be going on to my third control board on a 10 year old Lennox furnace. It is a $250 part from Lennox $450 to $1500 from contractors. but Lennox does not stock the part and is 2 weeks out on delivery. it was -13 this morning so I had to shut off all water to the home and drain lines. now I am searching for a reliable product.

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: G. Bradley
Location: Indiana

"Not happy"
Purchased a house with a Lennox CompleteHeat system. In the 2 plus years in the house, have had 7 service calls, including 3 where all heat and hot water failed. Knocking noise is unbelievable. The contractor who services is the former owner of the house and has let it slip that these units are problematic and that Lennox is not even making some of the parts anymore. Another Lennox contractor has told me that this is only the 3rd one of these he's seen and the other 2 have already been replaced! Nearly 2 grand has been spent and it is only a matter of time until it fails again. Spending time in the next two weeks getting quotes on replacement units. Unfortunately, this means both a furnace and hot water heater.

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: Lisa

"Lennox"
Our unit will not get above 63 Its freezing. In 3 yrs we have had 8 service calls no one knows what is wrong with it. We have replaced all kinds of parts. It still 3 yrs later doesn’t work. What a pos.....

Date created: 2008-12-10 Name: K. Hampshrie
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Furnace parts and repair"
We installed a Lennox gas furnace in our new home 9 years ago. In the last two and a half years we have had to replace the main circuit board twice (at a cost of almost $900 each time). Presently we have been without heat for over a week while the service company is waiting for delivery of another circuit board. Obviously there is a design fault with the circuit board or the furnace. There is also a problem with parts and delivery. We have been sitting in an unheated house, in below zero temperatures for a week trying to keep our pipes from freezing. Totally unacceptable!! K & C Hampshire

<< Previous1112131415161718192021222324Next >>