Consumer Reviews of LENNOX furnaces

Read more about LENNOX furnaces

<< Previous67891011121314151617181920212223Next >>

Date created: 2010-01-07 Name: M. Sailer

"Lennox Heating and Cooling System - JUNK"
A new Lennox Heating & Cooling system was installed July, 2009. In my opinion, it is a piece of junk - spent $11,400 on a unit that makes so much noise turning on and off that it wakes me up. The air blowing sounds like a train going through my house. It also is inefficient since the computer brain takes approx. 4 days to adjust to the temperature and weather. The area Lennox Rep was arrogant and "mickey moused" some of the noise by covering the outside pipes with foam. He also stated that "I should learn to live with the noise". Also after a call to the main Lennox office, Scott Boxer, Pres. & Chief Operating Officer of Service Experts, I was told I could not get help to fix the unit. Only the contractor could call. A formal complaint was filed with Lennox and as of this date (1/10) there has been no response. I will never buy anything made by Lennox again. If you want a heating and cooling system that works properly, in my opinion, you should check out other brands.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: James R
Location: Canada

"Lennox G60VHY"
Bought a house with a 2002 installed Lennox furnace. The most unreliable p o s I have ever dealt with (so far). I have a feeling it's only the beginning of my woes with this thing. The company who installed it won't do a house call. This is Canada. Winter is unforgivingly dominant. Home heating is essential services.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: Ross Golding

"Ross Golding -- Lennox Whisper Heat G20"
I would start burning wood before I ever buy another Lennox product again. This furnace is ten years old. It's been loud and unreliable since day one. This furnace consistently breaks down during cold weather as it needs to have the flame sensor replaced or cleaned without fail annually, which is now becoming a bimonthly chore in the cold weather. Lennox - never again.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: Crosby

"Mr."
Great until it needs repair. An ignitor that will likely need to be replaced is $185 and the circuit board is $350. I have two Lennox units. That's two $185 ignitors and two $347 circuit boards. The unit isn't even 9 years old. Do the math!

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: Michele

"Complete Garbage"
I had this Lennox high efficiency gas furnace installed 15 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it since then. It's been through three ignitor modules, two air cleaner modules and a cracked plastic fitting in the combustion condensate drain. Now it has a new problem - the pilot light goes out unless the metal cover is off. Cover off, works ok, cover on, doesn't work. Had a tech over here who wasted two hours of his time and mine trying to figure it out. He had no clue. Whatever savings I've realized in fuel costs from this "high efficiency" garbage have been more than canceled out by having to buy overpriced electronic junk every few years. I just wish I could have my old 1964 GE furnace back. That never had a single service issue in 30 years. Lennox is poorly built, unreliable garbage.

Date created: 2009-12-18 Name: Peggy B 1946

"Lennox keeps running like a Volvo"
My furnace, a Lennox Pulsaire, is just biting the dust. It's 27 years old. We've had two service calls in the last 18 years, one of them because the intake outside of the house was frozen up with ice. I think that's pretty darned good for a furnace so our next one will be a Lennox as well. For the same reasons, I used Kenmore appliances and drive a Volvo.

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: Bruce

"20 years and going on the pulse"
Purchased this unit in 1989 and had it inspected in 2009. The HVAC guy said the furnace and air conditioner were fine. I've never had a problem with the pulse furnace.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: K. Barbieri

"I love my Lennox"
My Lennox gas furnace is the original from when the house was built in 1972. I've only owned the house since 2002, but my furnace has always worked faithfully from day one. It had some minor problems with the sensors but that's it. Unfortunately, I need to get it replaced because the bottom is rusting out from a water leak I had in the basement. The only good thing about this is that getting a current model will certainly be more energy efficient.

Date created: 2009-11-27 Name: MRS. FRED STONE

"POOR"
My lennex furnace,put in my home about 10 months, ago makes so much noise that when it runs you can not hear the phone, tv personal conversation. we choose lennex as our new furnace with the selling point was that it was the quietest furnace air conditioner on the market. i AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: R. Johnson

"Best on the market"
Just upgraded from a 6 year old g51 model to Lennox's g71 modulating furnace. Also got an xc16 2 stage ac. Nothing wrong with the old unit just wanted the best... I'm actually in the business and sell/install Trane. I went with the Lennox from my service experience and Lennox's new tech. As of this post the G71 is the only truly modulating furnace on the market. I read some of the other reviews and I can tell you Lennox does not and has never made a "bad" furnace. If it doesnt work its because it wasnt installed right plain and simple, end of story. If the heat exchanger is cracked there isnt enough air flow or YOU'RE not changing the filter btw... The ONLY problem I can fault Lennox for is using a Johnson Control ignition control for there OLD G26 models. It was prone to failure after 10 years or so and Lennox uses Honeywell for the replacement part now. Anyway, ALL brand name manufactures are great for reliability (Lennox, Trane, Carrier) but the unit is only as good (and efficient) as the company that installs it. Go with the best company when buying, not brand. I've been in the business for about 20 years and I bought and installed a Lennox vs keeping a unit that was fine or getting a free trane. That has to mean something, maybe I'm just crazy hehe :)

<< Previous67891011121314151617181920212223Next >>