Consumer Reviews of JANITROL furnaces

• PGB (1 review)

Date created: 2009-02-22 Name: Mark Sinclair
Location: Barberton, Oh

"Mark Sinclair"
The furnace has been a constant problem. We have had to replace the mother board, all the flame out sensors the blower motor and now the heat exchanger has cracked and rendered the furnace inoperable. We will be replacing the furnace with anything but a Janitrol/Goodman.

Date created: 2009-02-11 Name: L. Pfeifer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Janijunk"
My first janitrol was installed in 1990. It was terrible. It constantly had trouble igniting. My furnace technician was out at least 3 times a season to fix it. After the 5 year warranty was up, I demanded a new furnace. I got one at no charge and was thankful. However, the new one had the same problems! At my wits end, I hired a new furnace guy who was honest and found that the burners were defective and it was a consistent problem with the janitrol. He fought for me and with the company (they weren't initially cooperative and leave a lot to be desired in their customer service) and eventually it was fixed properly. That was 7 years ago and it's worked fine since but I will never have another Janitrol installed in my home again.

Date created: 2008-12-07 Name: Lorraine Phillips

"Lorraine"
This furnace has been in my house for over 50 years and it is still working great. I bet this would be good advertising. All the plumbers say I should buy a new one, but why fix something that is not broken and it work great for 50+ years. If something does go wrong I would need to find someone with 50+ year old parts. LP

Date created: 2008-10-21 Name: K. Johnson
Location: Naperville, IL

"Great Furnace\AC"
I have had a Janitrol Furnace in my house for over 14 years and never had a problem with it. In addition to having one for my personal use, I have installed many Janitrol furnaces\A/C's over the past 10 or so years. I have had a few call-backs, but Janitrol's (Goodman's) service was always satisfactory and they fixed the problem in a timely matter. I wouldn't hesitate one second at putting in a Janitrol (now Goodman) furnace.

Date created: 2008-10-11 Name: G. Simmons
Location: Green River, WY

"Home owner"
I have had a lot of trouble with the flame sensor becoming dirty or corroded, which causes the furnace to fail to ignite. I have to clean the sensor 2-3 times each winter. Usually during the coldest days, of course.

Date created: 2008-09-09 Name: Melvin Williams
Location: Franklin Furnace, Ohio

"Janitrol downflow Furnace"
This Janitrol furnace was installed in my house in 1958 when it was built. We are still using it. We had a central a/c unit installed in it in 1977 from Sears and it is still in operation and doing well.

Date created: 2008-07-22 Name: D Whitaker

"????"
Has given me no problems since installed and is still going

Date created: 2008-07-20 Name: Calvin Lamb
Location: Maidstone, Sk, Canada

"Janitrol M-100"
We purchased our house about 4 years ago. I was a little concerned with the older furnace in the house & had a furnace inspection completed prior to purchasing. The contractor checked it out completely & said he couldn't find any problems & said that he has never had any heat exchanger problems with these models. I am assuming that the furnace is the original furnace & the house was built in 1965 (43 years). It looks like it was originally a propane furnace, & converted to natural gas when it became available. We haven't had any problems with it at all, but are considering upgrading to a new energy efficient model as the costs of natural gas continue to rise.

Date created: 2008-03-24 Name: Randy R
Location: Southern Indiana

Junk, Junk, junk! I contacted the company (Goodman) and they never bothered to even respond. I have had to have this furnace repaired every winter and 4 times this winter. Most every time it was the ignitor but that was not all or every time. I had the "Dependable 92" installed new about 7 years ago and it is the worst mistake of my replacement purchases ever. I just had it fixed again today because I awakened to a 54 degree morning in the house. The technician loaned another ignitor to me until he could install a new Lennox for me later this week. I could have paid for the Lennox in what I have paid in repairs for this worthless piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-03-07 Name: Matt Wagner
Location: Minneapolis

My Janitrol heating units were actually 59 years old when I replaced them. They were in my 1949 California style double bungalow. Each unit has its own furnace. The units still worked, but were putting out a little too much CO2 so I got rid of them. The furnaces were original to the duplex. They still had the 1949 manual to them and I kept it. Now that's what I expect! You should never have to look at these things- they should just work for 60 years. Everything now last 15 years. You'd think with the technology we have they could do better.