Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2008-12-31 Name: Joe Smith
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

"Great Unit"
I must say my new furnace here in Cincinnati is great. I have heard and read it is all about the installation of the unit and the folks who installed my were wonderful. (Thompson Heating and cooling Cincinnati) I have had it for a couple of years now and could not be more pleased

Date created: 2008-12-18 Name: E. Dillane
Location: Pickering, ON

"Don't go heil"
Had a heil furnace installed with a new home as it was recommended by the builder. Went bad approximately 5 1/2 to 6 years. Heil was unable to supply parts and luckily replacing it was covered by home insurance. Scarily enough it began to leak gas and only due to our carbon monoxide detector are we still alive. Furnace was checked every year with a trusted and reputable tech. Avoid Heil at all costs

Date created: 2008-12-17 Name: James Cocola
Location: Geneva, NY

""Sad" Owner of a Heil Furnace"
My furnace has had the circuit board replaced last year and 2 years ago, and the induction fan and motor assembly replaced last month. Last night the furnace quit again. Now it runs but the burner doesn't light, a different problem to add to the list! I could have saved all the money I put into this furnace over the past 3 years and bought a new furnace! This is just unacceptable. Where is the quality, pride, craftsmanship and dependability in this product. Was it made by some underdeveloped country that doesn't care what kind of product it puts out into the American marketplace? I can't afford to keep throwing money into this furnace that should last at least 20 years like the old one did. Should I have bought a "better" furnace? Should I have checked the feedback on these Heil furnaces before buying one? I assumed the name alone stood for reliability and dependability! But, we all know what happens when one "assumes".

Date created: 2008-12-07 Name: Jim Parfrey
Location: Vernon, B.C. Canada

"HEIL NTC6075FBA2"
So far excellent service but am unable to determine efficiency rating of unit

Date created: 2008-12-03 Name: AG
Location: Nashville, TN

"HEIL lacks in stock replacement parts"
My furnace recently went out (2nd time in six years). The blower inducer motor failed. When the tech looked at the heat exchanger he noted a small crack and said it needed to be replaced as well (the part is under warrenty but the labor costs are still high). Turns out Heil is out of heat exchangers (for my unit) and won't be manufacturing any until January. It's hard to trust a company that can't keep spare furnace parts on hand in the winter.

Date created: 2008-12-02 Name: D Bryant
Location: Windsor, NC

"No service availible."
Unit installed wrong by contractor, Poor ground was the problem. Techs worked on it for three days until the right "trained" tech found the ground problem. Unit had repairs every year for 12 years until an update was made. I kept it on service contract until just a few years ago. Now service is usually just igniter but, control was just replaced and it is out again. My area had no one that had seen a furnace without a pilot light. I still get confused looks from gas people when I tell them about it.

Date created: 2008-11-01 Name: G.W.
Location: Summerville, SC

"Rusted heat exchanger"
Have 10 year old air conditioner/furnace, Model # pgad30d1ka. New unit installed in new house in 1998. We've been in the house since 2001. Air conditioner has been fine. Heat didn't come on this season. Bad (rusted at weld seams) heat exchanger and flame rollout sensor. Service contractor can repair for $2400 but would prefer to sell me a new Carrier for $5000. I mean, come on, how often do we need to use the heat in this part of South Carolina? We use the air more than anything. Clearly a design/materials issue to only last 10 years. I noticed their newer models have heat exchangers made with stainless steel and come with a 25 year warranty. My warranty would have expired last month (10 year but only for original owner with yearly service calls). Not a happy camper here.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: Kristin Hill
Location: New Memphis, IL

"Mrs."
Where do I begin? I have had a Heil furnace and air conditioner installed on 10/29/04. My first Heil to own by strong recommendations. All I can say is that I have had nothing but trouble with both units. To make things worse, the man that installed it will not stick behind his work nor will he return phone calls. He should not be allowed to represent Heil and do such horrible work. I have had to call other dealers for Heil and low and behold my installer finally calls. I should not have to go through this every time I need service. Which by way has been a total of six times that one unit or the other has needed service. When you pay almost $5000.00 for HVAC, you would think that it should work properly. I am not sure at this point if this is a lemon of a furnace or could it be that the installer is not qualified to perform HVAC work. All I know is that I am not done trying to get this situation taken care of. If I have to, I will take it all the way to the top.

Date created: 2008-10-23 Name: R. Martin
Location: Superior, Wisconsin

"Heil 700 Super High Efficiency Gas Furnace"
I purchased this gas furnace in 1994. The exhaust blower unit lasted twelve years, since then I have replaced it three times! It seems the bearings just don't hold up under normal operating conditions.

Date created: 2008-10-22 Name: Becky Green
Location: Grand Rapids, MN

"Heil furnace - LOUD banging"
My furnace makes an extremely loud banging noise a few minutes after it kicks in. Service techs cannot figure out what it is. Help!! Any ideas??