Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-30 Name: Zach Akers

"Did just fine"
Original furnace in a 38 year old house. 3rd blower and multiple elements over the years. Filter box is now rusting and running on 3 of the 6 elements. But for a 38 year old furnace, I'm sure this is an instance of "They don't build them like they used to."

Date created: 2009-12-07 Name: C. D. Reeder

"Heil Furnace"
In the two years that this Heil furnace had been installed, we have been without heat for some twenty times. Many of these events have been in the past three weeks. Three service calls from the installer have been unable to create a dependable unit. I wish I had my old furnace back, one service call in twenty years!

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: ROBERT N. HILL

"Don't buy HEIL products"
I will never buy anything made by heil again. After at least 12 service calls on a new propane furnace I gave up. Being stupid I had a heil heatpump installed, in one and years I am waiting on my third service call. The heatpump has been froze up for 5 days, still waiting for repairman. The product and service from Mac's Air is the worst I have ever seen. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2009-10-28 Name: Bob Schwartz

"Heil furnace"
I have owned my Heil for 14 years, itís a 100,000 btu 90+% efficient unit in that time frame I've replaced 4 ignites, exhaust fan, control board, and the control valve. I should have replaced it along time ago, this will be its last year in this house. I don't understand why they can't build something that lasts.

Date created: 2009-10-07 Name: G Ferland
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Decent furnace"
We have owned a Heil 50000 BTUs for about 12 years now. Although I find the burners a bit noisy (especially on start-up), it is not a big issue. It has to work hard, since we live in Ottawa Ontario Canada (the coldest capital in the world !) It has never failed once, but I don't think this is a coincidence. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AFTER YOUR FURNACE for this to happen !!!! That means cleaning or replacing the filter regularly (I clean my re-usable filter once a month), cleaning and oiling the blower motor (I do it myself once a year, without removing the unit from the furnace), checking and cleaning the flam sensor, etc. Most people seem to assume a furnace is like a light bulb ; replace it and forget about it until it goes out !! If you do this, you ask for trouble no matter what type of furnace you buy !

Date created: 2009-10-05 Name: Nate Hersco
Location: Chicago

"natehersco"
I had 2 Furnaces installed in my home 19 years ago. They were Heil 90 % afue 100000 btu. They worked flawlessly 19 years. The only maintenance they had was to change their filters at the begining of the winter season. I live in Chicago and they kept our home perfectly warm all those years. They hardly consumed any energy. They were my greatest pride and joy all those years. They died simultanousley this week to my great chagrin. The person that installed them told me that they are obsolete and to get rid of my dead furnaces. He advised me to get a 95% afue Lennox furnace and it sadened me

Date created: 2009-10-01 Name: Dan T

" Dan T Prior Lake, MN"
After reading some of these post I guess I have been pretty fortunate, I have limped my Heil along for over 16 years, but all of those years havn't been good. 5 igniters, one induction fan, one controller now it runs and won't stop, it just blows cold air. I'm done with this pos, Heil get your head out of your a$$ and start making some thing that hold up! You lost me as a customer...

Date created: 2009-09-13 Name: Anthony Robinson

"unit has never worked right since installed"
I have owned a Heil phn44800k00a1-- unit for 5 months. The unit has stop working at least 6 times during the 5 months

Date created: 2009-05-20 Name: Ken

"Heil furnace and air conditioner"
I'm very happy with my Heil furnace and air conditioner. It works great and is quiet! Im saving money! I feel out of all my research that Heil (icp Carrier United Technologies)offered a great product and warranty. Air conditioner has a 10yr compressor, parts, 10yr no hassle replacement limited warranty. Furnace has a life time heat exchanger warranty, 10yr parts,and 10yr no hassle replacement limited warranty. All this with a great price!

Date created: 2009-05-06 Name: george luken

"80% 100,000 btu furnace"
I have had my heil furnace for over 25 years it has been excellent since the day I had it installed. Service is not an expensive thing with these furnaces they are extremely dependable and never fail to keep my family and I warm during the cold heating months