Consumer Reviews of Heil furnaces

Read more about Heil furnaces

Date created: 2014-05-15 Name: mary
Location: 50701

"7 month old piece of junk"
Very loud. Water collects in exhaust pipe so gas leaked and had to call guy. Worst of all within 2 weeks made my sinuses painful and bleed, feels as if a chemical burning my nose. The doors seem to have a coating that smells like band aids which I believe is the cause but no one at manufacturer will talk to me and are not accountable. Booklet says its been found to emit a chemical that causes cancer and I am stuck with it!

Date created: 2014-03-26 Name: Nadia
Location: Schaumburg, illinois

"Heil reviews"
Very loud and it goes on and off constantly all day and it's driving me crazy. I hope I can find a quiet one just like my old one I used to have. I will never ever recommend this one neither I will buy heil brand. I am so tired of the loud air noise coming out of the vents.

Date created: 2014-01-02 Name: J. Woods
Location: Lafayette, IN

"Quite and Efficient"
I'm amazed that people complain about the noise level. Mine is quiet and effective as well.

Date created: 2013-07-10 Name: R. Larson
Location: North Haverbrook. Virginia

"Love This Unit"
I can't believe how quiet this furnace is. I read a couple of reviews saying how loud the unit is but that's probably from a bad installation. If you actually want quality work done, it will cost a little bit more but it is completely worth it. No service calls, no break downs, no noise. This unit is incredible.

Date created: 2013-03-04 Name: B. Danco
Location: Central, NY

"Best Furnace i have ever had!"
I bought a Heil about two years ago because of their excellent warranties. This unit has run perfectly from day one. The only time I have called the service company was when my thermostat finally died (I had had it for 17 years) and for annual maintenance with cleaning. This unit runs so perfectly, comfortably, quietly, and efficiently. I would not buy anything else.

Date created: 2013-02-15 Name: Jennifer flood
Location: Omaha ne

"Great equipment"
After searching around for a new system, I decided to go with Heil. I wanted a reliable system so I talked to people around town and met an honest man and company that my friends use. He explained everything to me and I told him about the reviews I have been reading. He said it all comes down to a good installer without that you have nothing. You know what he was right; I haven't had a problem with mine for years.

Date created: 2012-12-28 Name: D. Samson
Location: Northern CO

"LOVE THIS UNIT!!!!!!"
This unit is amazing! I had mine installed 4 years ago and with annual maintainance ( like every furnace should have if you want it to work correctly) and it still works like the first day. I never expected any furnace to work this well after 4 years of use. Heil is the best!!

Date created: 2012-11-08 Name: Mary Bach
Location: Saint Paul, MN

"1987 Up to 96% Efficiency Natural Gas"
This furnace came with the house we bought and was originally installed in 1988. We have never had a service call on this furnace but recently found out that it's putting too much co out the exhaust. We are looking for a replacement but are extremely pleased with the longevity of this model. The things I don't like about it are that the fan is noisy and the unit makes lots of vibrating noises when it's running. I was hoping it would go on forever but it's too dangerous to keep on running it. Whatever the problem, it is now short cycling but still keeps the house comfortable.

Date created: 2012-10-07 Name: J. Brant
Location: Mint Hill, NC

"Never AGAIN!"
I should have known from day 1 that this unit was a piece of crap. The installer had to come out on the first day after putting it in to replace the control board it literally burned up. Then 3 years later another service call, blower fan burned up. Same year heat would not work due to no vacuum in a safety switch, which has been an ongoing problem ever since. Today no heat, yet another service call will have to be made. Stay away from these, I thought Heil was suppose to be one of the best. Come to find out they are made by a company in pa for several manufacturers their name in International Comfort Products. Kind of ironic since their products are less than reliable, just glad I don't live where it gets real cold.

Date created: 2012-09-27 Name: Cj Kelly
Location: Groveland, il. 61535

"25+ yrs no problem"
Oldest date I can find is 1987 transformer just went out in 2012. We have owned the last 10 and it has ran perfectly. Oiled the fan and changed filters has been the only up keep. Bills have been fair. Not the most even heat but comfortable, reliable and fairly quiet. Looking into replacing but can't complain.