Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Heat Transfer Products furnaces

Read more about Heat Transfer Products furnaces

Date created: 2008-08-18 Name: Shannon
Location: Durango, CO

"Munchkin boiler is a nightmare!"
I can't even begin to tell you all the problems we have had with this thing. Almost since the moment the Munchkin was installed we have had problems. The first time it stopped working was on Thanksgiving Day 2004. Since then we have had it break at least a dozen times. We have even had a whole new Muchkin put in and still have problems. We live in Colorado and on several occasions (in the dead of winter - January) we have gone without heat or hot water. Unless you want endless headaches and cold winters I would recommend spending your money on any system other than the Munchkin.

Date created: 2008-03-29 Name: tnoland
Location: DC

I have a small 80mbh Munchkin boiler heating a 4000 sq ft shop! The most efficient, quietest unit on the market. I have installed over 20-30 of these boilers, I have had an occasional problem, they were are installer problems! I guarantee you most of the complaints that people put on these websites, are due to them choosing an unqualified contractor! Word of advice, quit worrying about the brand, Investigate the contractor, quit buying from the cheapest guy!!!!!!!!!!

Date created: 2008-02-16 Name: N. Robinson
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Boiler worked well for 2 years or so and it has been a world of trouble ever since. Failed completely in 3rd year. They replaced the entire control system, it worked for awhile and then started shaking like a freight train at irregular intervals. After many attempts to correct this problem it still happens and also it builds up pressure and has blown two pressure relief valves and the pressurized tank. Also failed when a 'screen' disintegrated. I WOULD NEVER HAVE PURCHASED THIS UNIT HAD I KNOWN WHAT PROBLEMS WOULD COME WITH IT.