Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about HAIER furnaces

Date created: 2012-12-10 Name: J. Walker
Location: Birmingham, AL

"BUYER BEWARE"
This unit ran fine for 2-3 years after installation. Afterwards every other year a new, expensive, hard to find part requires replacing. Unfortunately I trusted the hvac installer who picked this brand. I will be more diligent when I am able to upgrade to a better quality product. One thing is for certain it will not be a Haier!!!

Date created: 2012-11-19 Name: Paul Krupa
Location: Washington DC

"Nice package"
I bought this unit mail order for a very good price. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. It's 54k btu 1200 cfm variable speed blower with 2 stage heating. Your basic high efficiency condensing furnace. It's pretty compact and well made. Nice finish (scratched it up a bit shuffling it around the cellar). I was wondering about the quality when I bought it the price was very attractive. When it arrived I was not upset. In fact, I recognized name brands on the pressure switches and the controller looked like good quality -- name brand ICs and nice screening on the board traces. Three things to consider: Is it sturdy? Do the controls work reliably and does the heart of the unit, the heat exchanger, have the nuts to hold up over a few decades of flames? The cabinet is sturdy enough and the controllers worked as advertised. The coils look solid enough too. I hope it's a keeper!

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: Sam Martinez
Location: San Antonio Tx

"Furnace Control Board"
Had Haier Furnace install 18 months ago and the burners don't come on. The Tech troubleshot and found the control board is bad. No dealer has the board. I called Haier in New York and they just put you on hold, never could get to talk to any one. I been calling for three days. I recommed if you are thinking of buy this brand, not to buy this brand. Parts are hard to find.

Date created: 2010-01-29 Name: Martin D

"MR Kitches"
Review: The problem with Haier is installers are putting in the wrong piton sizes for the units. I am a master HVAC mechanic with a GA State Commercial HVAC License. Most companies who sell these units, sell to "anyone" and that is where the problems occur. They don't install it correctly!!! Just need to get a trusted HVAC person to install or troubleshoot. Mr Kitchens, How do I know if the company I hire knows what they are doing... I don't, so I am at their mercy. We're having the problems described, losing freon, and I suspect what you described is what happened. Please contact us: harliesknight@gmail.com Thanks

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: Mona Corbett

"OWNER"
Up to now, no problem at all, quiet & efficient

Date created: 2008-01-03 Name: STEVEN SAMPSON
Location: DOUGLASVILLE, GA

HARD TO GET PARTS. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL TECHS HERE IN GA DO NOT CARRY THIS PRODUCT ANYMORE FOR THE SAME REASON.

Date created: 2007-06-17 Name: elvis lee
Location: 20 neddie dr

too old furnace,mid efficency type